NFL Season 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This just in: He's not that good. I'm not concerned about him being on Washington. If we lose to them this year, it'll be because the defense sucks since Jim Johnson died, not because we gave up McNabb.

sure, blame the dead guy who can't defend himself

This just in: He's not that good. I'm not concerned about him being on Washington. If we lose to them this year, it'll be because the defense sucks since Jim Johnson died, not because we gave up McNabb.

perhaps those in philly have a better insight, but mcnabb is pretty good.

sure, he has the wacky throws where you don't know what the hell he was doing... and certainly his play in the big game can come under question... but he's put up some incredible numbers with, except for one year with TO, some incredibly shitty wide receivers... dude's still one of the best QB's in the league and they just gave him away to a division rival because they didn't want to hurt his feelings.

amazing here that the giants fan is defending donovan mcnabb.

i understand the eagles reasoning for trading him, and i think the eagles know their window has closed and they need to rebuild/regroup on the fly, but what good does it do to make a division rival better just to make him feel good? on top of it the redskins will now trade jason campbell for a 3rd or 4th round pick, getting back one of the picks they just gave to philly.

the draft is still weeks away... they couldn't have continued to shop him around for another taker?

the only way i'd trade a player of his caliber within the division is if i'm getting a first round pick out of the deal.

I for one am glad the "Raiders are frontrunner for McNabb" story didn't pan out. The Pats need 16 typical JeMarcus Russell games in 2010 so they can get a top 5 pick in the Seymour trade. McNabb might have made the Raiders a 7 or 8 win team.

I for one am glad the "Raiders are frontrunner for McNabb" story didn't pan out. The Pats need 16 typical JeMarcus Russell games in 2010 so they can get a top 5 pick in the Seymour trade. McNabb might have made the Raiders a 7 or 8 win team.

And since next year's draft probably won't be that good, having that pick be in the Top 5 is all the more important.

perhaps those in philly have a better insight, but mcnabb is pretty good.

sure, he has the wacky throws where you don't know what the hell he was doing... and certainly his play in the big game can come under question... but he's put up some incredible numbers with, except for one year with TO, some incredibly shitty wide receivers... dude's still one of the best QB's in the league and they just gave him away to a division rival because they didn't want to hurt his feelings.

amazing here that the giants fan is defending donovan mcnabb.

i understand the eagles reasoning for trading him, and i think the eagles know their window has closed and they need to rebuild/regroup on the fly, but what good does it do to make a division rival better just to make him feel good? on top of it the redskins will now trade jason campbell for a 3rd or 4th round pick, getting back one of the picks they just gave to philly.

the draft is still weeks away... they couldn't have continued to shop him around for another taker?

the only way i'd trade a player of his caliber within the division is if i'm getting a first round pick out of the deal.

i agree completely. sure, i've ragged on McNabb a lot, but part of the reason is because i've always had respect for him. i think he makes Washington a contender, and i am also baffled as to why Philly would send a quality QB to a division rival who's biggest weakness is at QB. it's puzzling, and may go down as one of the worst moves in Eagles history.

maybe Kolb is great. i haven't seen enough of him to really make a judgement. here in GB, the coaches put their trust in Aaron Rodgers, and the whole Favre deal will obviously work out in the Packers' favor long term, so maybe that's where the Eagles are going. there's no guarantee that Kolb will be anywhere near as great as Rodgers though.

You see, I don't care. I think you all overrate him. I have watched him for eleven years. He's an incredibly poor thinker, he's not accurate, he shows up out of shape so he can't run anymore, he's injury prone, and he thinks he can dismiss every fuck up with a nice big smile and a laugh. His stats are driven up by the fact that Philly throws the ball at an absurd rate. I just don't feel all that bad about him being on another team, even in the division.

I cannot wait for him to come back to Philly and on the first drive, on some third and 7, watch him call a timeout with 13:52 left in the first quarter. And then on the subsequent play watch him throw behind Santana Moss for an incompletion and then tap his chest and jokingly go "my bad!"

The Eagles should be ecstatic. I view McNabb as a flawed player, and it was never more apparent than in the back-to-back losses to the Cowboys last season. His flaws will never go away. Now, the Eagles get at least two chances to expose the same flaws they've been covering up for 11 years. It works against the Redskins that McNabb is still in the division. Andy Reid can finally stop covering up for one of the most overrated quarterbacks in the history of the game. The Eagles will go to the playoffs. The Redskins will be watching from the golf course.
I like this analysis.

While Limbaugh is an idiot and was completely wrong, I do feel like that in the long run has worked in McNabb's favor as far as criticism goes.

I cannot wait for him to come back to Philly and on the first drive, on some third and 7, watch him call a timeout with 13:52 left in the first quarter. And then on the subsequent play watch him throw behind Santana Moss for an incompletion and then tap his chest and jokingly go "my bad!"

That wouldn't happen. Reid would answer with a timeout on the subsequent play before it could.

donovan_mcnabb--300x300.jpg

Sources: Pittsburgh Steelers trade Santonio Holmes to New York Jets for fifth-rounder - ESPN New York

I love my Steelers, but, if this deal was done due to Holmes' off field troubles, then they're hypocrites because I don't see them dealing Ben any time soon. And you can defend Ben all you want now that the investigation is over, but, he's not exactly a bastion of good or smart behavior.

If this was a strictly football decision (and it's not), then it's just a bad fucking trade for us and a nice jain for the Jets.

The only good that can come of this is that maybe the Steelers get back to what they used to do best...running the ball as their primary offensive strategy, with a creative passing game balancing it out. Ben's awesome off of play action and Mendenhall's only getting better.

Still got Limas, at least.

What a disappointment that fuck has been.

We have Randle-El back as what I thought was our 3rd WR. Counting on him for more than 50 receptions a season seems foolish, though. Ward's still good but sooner or later that cat has to run out of gas. Maybe the brass thinks that Mike Wallace is ready to step up. :shrug:

What a disappointment that fuck has been.

You're telling me. Every time I see him drop a ball, I wince. I don't like the Steelers, not one bit, but I still want my guy to succeed.

Between him and Roy, I just hope Shipley winds up able to make some noise.

Sources: Pittsburgh Steelers trade Santonio Holmes to New York Jets for fifth-rounder - ESPN New York

I love my Steelers, but, if this deal was done due to Holmes' off field troubles, then they're hypocrites because I don't see them dealing Ben any time soon. And you can defend Ben all you want now that the investigation is over, but, he's not exactly a bastion of good or smart behavior.

If this was a strictly football decision (and it's not), then it's just a bad fucking trade for us and a nice jain for the Jets.

The only good that can come of this is that maybe the Steelers get back to what they used to do best...running the ball as their primary offensive strategy, with a creative passing game balancing it out. Ben's awesome off of play action and Mendenhall's only getting better.

Well, Santo is only signed for one year and may be suspended for a few of those games. But still...a fifth? Wow.

Back
Top Bottom