Next Album Rumours Thread IV - 2 Sing 2 Furious

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sing For Something (Of Joey Ramone)

Sing For Kneeling

Eat, Love, Sing

U2 are notoriously bad/quiet/conservative with how they use social media, so I can’t help but think the post today “what song saved your life?” popping up randomly is some sort of attempt at building engagement in the run up to the Sing 2 song being announced. If that post is tied in with the theme of the song, I still think All My Life is a decent chance of being the song they use.

Reapplying for the job. The most clueless legendary band in the world job.

U2 are notoriously bad/quiet/conservative with how they use social media, so I can’t help but think the post today “what song saved your life?” popping up randomly is some sort of attempt at building engagement in the run up to the Sing 2 song being announced. If that post is tied in with the theme of the song, I still think All My Life is a decent chance of being the song they use.

Yup, would be cool to hear and official version of “All My Life”. Seems to be a perfect fit for the soundtrack, “all my life I’ve been waiting for a moment like this” and could be Oscar worthy which to me their other 2 Oscar ventures were more slam dunks.

If it’s “All My Life” I fear what they’ve done to it since. Remember the shit clip of North Star we caught in Transformers? Oof.

I'm not excited about this Sing 2 thing at all. I think we will get a musical sounding U2, with happy sing alongs....

Would have been more excited to get new remixes/reworks of Achtung Baby for anniversary. And by that I don't mean acoustic material or another remix by Paul Oakenfold. or Apollo 440. Tough the commercially unreleased Ultimatum mix for MW or the Lemonade mix for Lemon is welcome too .

And oh yes, when will we finally get a 5.1 Hi def mix of AB or.... the other albums??? U2 is quite lame with their sound on their albums.

At this point, any new U2 music is welcome. We complain a lot around here, so the negativity tends to stick out, but they've put out a lot of great material amongst the chart grabs. I wouldn't expect that to extend to whatever they contribute to Sing 2, but we never know. It could force Bono to write in character after spending a decade in deep autobiographical mode, which could snowball. It could also be super embarrassing. They do have a pretty good track record when it comes to soundtrack/one-off songs.

If it does end up being whatever started as what we refer to as All My Life, I hope they ditch that guitar solo. The ALL! MY! LIFE! is very Lanois, so I suspect he had something to do with that arrangement. Maybe it'll bring him back into their orbit.

If it does end up being whatever started as what we refer to as All My Life, I hope they ditch that guitar solo.

Wait, what? Why would they do that? It’s a pretty good solo, something that has been sorely lacking for U2 for many years.

Nothing to supercharge re-release sales of arguably your best and most marketable album with a single in a big movie that actually does well. I think the Sing thing comes first, then we get an announcement of AB30 - probably a vinyl box that has the Sydney show (though I wish they’d be a bit more creative with which shows they release audio of), album, kindergarten, b sides, rarities. Nothing “new” but everything now avail on streaming. And on vinyl. Best case is a disc of new remixes like the JT30 box had - lanois/eno re-imagining things, maybe the acoustic thing they’ve been talking about relates to it somehow?

Wonder if it will be remastered?

Last edited:
At this point, any new U2 music is welcome. We complain a lot around here, so the negativity tends to stick out, but they've put out a lot of great material amongst the chart grabs. I wouldn't expect that to extend to whatever they contribute to Sing 2, but we never know. It could force Bono to write in character after spending a decade in deep autobiographical mode, which could snowball. It could also be super embarrassing. They do have a pretty good track record when it comes to soundtrack/one-off songs.

If it does end up being whatever started as what we refer to as All My Life, I hope they ditch that guitar solo. The ALL! MY! LIFE! is very Lanois, so I suspect he had something to do with that arrangement. Maybe it'll bring him back into their orbit.

Are you kidding? The guitar solo bridge and outro are awesome!! I hope they would keep it! Also just listened to the beach clip for the first time in many years! It was an amazing song! Sometimes I don’t understand what u2 thinks by not releasing such songs! I hope that it does see the light of day either on sing 2 or somewhere and hopefully it doesn’t get neutered into something supper bland! The other one that upset me back in the day that never got a proper U2 release was Boy falls from the sky! I would have loved a U2 version! Again one of those WTF moments of what was U2 thinking not releasing these!

All my life isn't a bad song. Hope they don't ruin it....

U2 music fits better to movies like Mandela, Gangs of New York or dystopic movies like Until the end of the world....IMO of course..

Last edited:
Are you kidding? The guitar solo bridge and outro are awesome!! I hope they would keep it! Also just listened to the beach clip for the first time in many years! It was an amazing song! Sometimes I don’t understand what u2 thinks by not releasing such songs! I hope that it does see the light of day either on sing 2 or somewhere and hopefully it doesn’t get neutered into something supper bland! The other one that upset me back in the day that never got a proper U2 release was Boy falls from the sky! I would have loved a U2 version! Again one of those WTF moments of what was U2 thinking not releasing these!

Atleast we got Boy Falls From The Sky one time live and it was fantastic

Yea Of ask the Rubin clips from 15 years ago, All My Life had the best chance of being a big hit. I’m surprised it was scrapped, but then again, it definitely didn’t fit NLOTH. It could potentially fit the plot of Sing 2, but again, it’s a 15 year old song so it’s more likely that it’s something new.

Back
Top Bottom