New York IV Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Time to get excited, setlist partiers - it's a fourth night show! Although Toronto IV was a little bit of a disappointment as far as fourth nights have gone in the past, the variation of the shows since then will hopefully mean tonight's set will have some unique and exciting elements.

Will we have a new opener? Will some songs make their tour debut? Will Bono finally make a fiery rant against those Norwegians who didn't give him the Nobel? Will Timothius finally concede Wellington is better than Auckland?

:hyper:

Is this the official thread???? What's the venue, I only have 6:57 on my clock, where's the Don't Post U2.com setlist disclaimer in the thread title :wink:

(Just joking Axver....don't get mad at me.)

My guesses: Vertigo to open. Yahweh in the main set. Crumbs. Discotheque. Gloria instead of IWF and Electric Co. Vertigo to close. Outside shot for Mysterious Ways. Oh, and either Bono or The Edge is gonna say hi to me in Section 63. :wink:

Allow me to offer, for sake of comparison ...

WELLINGTON

wellington.jpg

AUCKLAND

slum%20township.jpg

:hyper: :hyper:

Now that I have added my usual contribution to the party, I'm going to go to bed! I'm really very tired and have a busy rest of the week ahead of me. I will read about all the fun everyone had in the morning. Goodnight! :wave:

ramblin rose said:
Hey, are you at the venue already or still at work:|

At home! We filed at 1:30. I took the rest of the afternoon off. Ooo... that reminds me... I wonder if Bono mentions something about the Earthquake in Pakistan. Kinda surprised he hasn't said anything the last two shows.

this encore should be interesting. will the rockers be back for the second night in a row, will discotheque make an appearance, maybe even mofo?? we shall see...

ramblin rose said:
Is this the official thread???? What's the venue, I only have 6:57 on my clock, where's the Don't Post U2.com setlist disclaimer in the thread title :wink:

(Just joking Axver....don't get mad at me.)

:rant: :mad: :madspit:

:wink:

Actually, seriously, I'm happy the U2.com disclaimer is no longer necessary. Let's hope it doesn't become necessary again. :|

MTEdge said:

At home! We filed at 1:30. I took the rest of the afternoon off. Ooo... that reminds me... I wonder if Bono mentions something about the Earthquake in Pakistan. Kinda surprised he hasn't said anything the last two shows.

Woohoo, congrats. (don't forget to send me your address!!)

Oh yeah, Axver, thanks for the With or Without You mp3! Great stuff. Just listened to it. ;)

MTEdge said:
My guesses: Vertigo to open. Yahweh in the main set. Crumbs. Discotheque. Gloria instead of IWF and Electric Co. Vertigo to close. Outside shot for Mysterious Ways. Oh, and either Bono or The Edge is gonna say hi to me in Section 63. :wink:

I think Vertigo will open too, and either one or both of ABOY and Yahweh will move to the main set or be cut. I really hope Gloria comes back but I'm honestly not feeling that optimistic. Crumbs and AIWIY again tonight, I think.

Enjoy the show!

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

It's coming.
I can feel it.

Chizip said:
this encore should be interesting. will the rockers be back for the second night in a row, will discotheque make an appearance, maybe even mofo?? we shall see...

I think we're going to see Discotheque. Surely they wouldn't go to the trouble of all that fancy lighting only to dump it after two shows. And hopefully a new song will debut. I'd really like this:

Discotheque
Mofo
I Will Follow

It's Popmartastic. :drool:

Lancemc said:
Oh yeah, Axver, thanks for the With or Without You mp3! Great stuff. Just listened to it. ;)

Isn't it such an amazing performance? If only they could play it like that now ... :drool:

djerdap said:
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

It's coming.
I can feel it.

The eternal optimistic. Have you been lighting candles? It worked for me with Fast Cars two consecutive nights. :wink:

ramblin rose said:

The eternal optimistic. Have you been lighting candles? It worked for me with Fast Cars two consecutive nights. :wink:

I will say my prayers, don't worry. :wink:

RavenBlue said:
Hi Everyone :wave:

Axver you should be proud of me, I finally bought Boy!

You didn't have it already? Glad you've got it now! I love that album.

As an aside, the regulars here will be surprised to know that last night, I made a custom Achtung Baby that, if it had been the official release, would be #3 on my overall album rankings.

The custom Achtung Baby that I made:

1. Zoo Station
2. Until The End Of The World
3. The Fly
4. Even Better Than The Real Thing
5. Mysterious Ways
6. Lady With The Spinning Head*
7. Where Did It All Go Wrong?
8. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
9. Slow Dancing**
10. Wild Irish Rose
11. Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk/Korova 1
12. Acrobat
13. Love Is Blindness

*Like the Extended Dance Remix.
**This was originally going to be She's A Mystery To Me, but I took it off to save it for Rattle And Hum, the first album it's available for (although it wasn't played live until after RAH's release, it was soundchecked and recorded during 1987). Achtung is the first album Slow Dancing could've made: it was developed after RAH's release and played on Lovetown.

That disc would own my soul in so many different ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom