New U2.com subscriber gift known... sort of.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it makes a lot of sense to put the remaining tracks FOR SALE online because

1.) we already KNOW that they're out there,
2.) it costs next to nothing to put the tracks online, and at $0.99 a piece, there's no way money could be lost,
3.) it would make us fans REALLY happy.

I personally wouldn't hesitate to buy 10 of the tracks below the cut, and probably a few more over time.

Or maybe I'm a dreamer.

Forget about digital downloads... just give Bono a CD of the below-the-line songs and before you can say, "I musta left 'em in the back of a taxi in Eze-sur-Mere or something," we'll all have a free copy.

It's 22 songs. Look at the graphic. It's already 2 CDs. You're talking about expanding it to 4. I don't see that happening.

Making the rest of the tracks available digitally? We may have a chance at that. We'll see.

Please don't get focused on the number of CD's. I wasn't worried about semantics.

Yes, it's a 2 CD set for our gift. And if U2.com had all of the songs it would be 4 CD's. I'm not asking for the second set of CD's to be free. It could be one of those "Best of the Rest" type of things. The first set is free with a subscription - we can buy the second set.

If making more CD's is too expensive, then have downloads. It's fast, easy and could generate for charity.

If the cover of AB songs was able to get to #5 on iTunes at one point, I'm sure some of these songs would sell well enough to merit putting them up for sale.

I thought I posted earlier, but isn't U2 releasing a book on the 360?

U2 to Publish Book About 360° Tour - ARTISTdirect News

If this is an official U2 book maybe they'll include a code to download all the tracks. Seems like a good way to move some hard copies.

If this book is a reality and the goal is to have it released in the NEAR future (that is, around the time of the subscription CD), then this is another wonderful idea.

Please don't get focused on the number of CD's. I wasn't worried about semantics.

Yes, it's a 2 CD set for our gift. And if U2.com had all of the songs it would be 4 CD's. I'm not asking for the second set of CD's to be free. It could be one of those "Best of the Rest" type of things. The first set is free with a subscription - we can buy the second set.

If making more CD's is too expensive, then have downloads. It's fast, easy and could generate for charity.

If the cover of AB songs was able to get to #5 on iTunes at one point, I'm sure some of these songs would sell well enough to merit putting them up for sale.
Well, yeah, that was my point. A 4 CD set is not reasonable, but a 46 track ealbum? That wouldn't be shocking.

Well, yeah, that was my point. A 4 CD set is not reasonable, but a 46 track ealbum? That wouldn't be shocking.

As a long time U2 fan, considering the fact that they are still dinosaurs on this type of stuff, I personally would be shocked if they released all of them.

Like I always say, anything is possible, but I would be shocked if they released the rest. Would be awesome and there is no reason for them not do it. But that is precisely why it probably wont happen.

I have been saying for years they should do downloads of all of their live shows. It is so simple to do and they record and archive every single show anyway. Many major artists already do it and U2 are known for their live performances. Why not do it and donate the profits to charity? Every show is bootlegged and released anyway, so the quality control argument of a bad performance is out the window there. Actually it is the reverse, you put out a top notch recording instead of a sometimes mediocre audience recording.

At a minimum, if they are not going to make official show releases, they should allow taping. Again, they are dinosaurs on this stuff, so neither will happen. Ok rant over. :lol: ;)

Does anyone know if Magnificent is the "remix" version they played on the final leg of 360? If not then IMHO it has no business being as high as it was last showing (some will argue that neither form of the song should be there but I'm partial to the newer version myself).

Oh God, the voting results blackout period has begun. I can only imagine that Pride and IALW are probably mysteriously skyrocketing in the polls just about now. :wink:

ramblin rose said:
Oh God, the voting results blackout period has begun. I can only imagine that Pride and IALW are probably mysteriously skyrocketing in the polls just about now. :wink:

Vladimir Putin is in charge of handling this election. When all said and done, all of the percentages will add up to 140% of the votes cast.

florida_hanging_chad_recount.jpg

The votes are being tabulated.

As a long time U2 fan, considering the fact that they are still dinosaurs on this type of stuff, I personally would be shocked if they released all of them.

Like I always say, anything is possible, but I would be shocked if they released the rest. Would be awesome and there is no reason for them not do it. But that is precisely why it probably wont happen.

I have been saying for years they should do downloads of all of their live shows. It is so simple to do and they record and archive every single show anyway. Many major artists already do it and U2 are known for their live performances. Why not do it and donate the profits to charity? Every show is bootlegged and released anyway, so the quality control argument of a bad performance is out the window there. Actually it is the reverse, you put out a top notch recording instead of a sometimes mediocre audience recording.

At a minimum, if they are not going to make official show releases, they should allow taping. Again, they are dinosaurs on this stuff, so neither will happen. Ok rant over. :lol: ;)

:up:

I'm not sure if this has been speculated yet, but I was thinking.... remember last year u2.com emailed us a link for Amazing Grace +Streets with Choir as a sort of Christmas gift? And these tracks ended up on Duals as well. Well, I was wondering why u2.com asked during the U22 voting, what our favorite track was. Imagine, if u2.com emails out to each subscriber this Christmas, the gift of a link for their own personally selected favorite track, in advance of U22? Could we be so lucky?

Wow, that would be REALLY amazing, if they sent everyone their favourite track.

But it'd likelier be the most voted track. So we'll all get One or something. :rolleyes:

Please Note: Voting is open to current U2.com Subscribers - or anyone who subscribes/resubscribes during the voting period. One vote per subscriber. Poll results and tracklisting of 'U22' announced in early January.

This used to say that voting would close on december 18.....

Paul McGuinness has seen the band play live more than anyone else.

From the most intimate Dublin club in the 1970's to the biggest stages on the planet on U2360°, Paul knows what it takes for a U2 live show to leave the ground ... and what tracks will send it into orbit.

So how would the band's manager take on the tricky task of choosing 22 tracks for 'U22' from the 46 on offer? Here's his selection - tell us what you think in the comments below. (They're listed alphabetically - you might want to tell us how you'd sequence them in the show.)

All I Want is You
Bad
Beautiful Day
City of Blinding Lights
I'll go Crazy if I don't go Crazy Tonight (Remix)
In a Little While
I Still Haven't Found
Miss Sarajevo
Moment of Surrender
Mysterious ways
One
One Tree Hill
Stay
Stuck in a moment
The Fly
The Unforgettable Fire
Ultra Violet
Unknown Caller
Until the end of the world
Vertigo
Walk on
Where the Streets Have No Name

Not a terrible list, but Stuck, Walk On, and IALW?? Really, Paul?

Oh I'll take him for a long drive. I'll let Bono be the driver. Paul would be so terrified that he'd promise me to never vote for ialw or stuck again.

Paul has possibly access to all of the songs. So why would he choose the rare ones.
This list is by far not my list....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom