New U2.com subscriber gift known... sort of.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can actually vote many times, by all means vote many times! Get Walk On and Elevation out and bring Breathe and Electrical Storm in!

I think I have voted about 30 times since last night, yet Breathe and Unknown Caller haven't moved! There was a stage where there was a 0.01% margin between NLOTH and Mysterious Ways-that is gone now, they are neck and neck again! :doh:

I feel like King Cnut (no jokes please!)

We need a concerted effort to at least keep NLOTH, Zooropa and Out Of Control in there! Ill try and do a few more votes tomorrow.

When trying to vote multiple times, be sure that your vote is actually counting. Scroll back to the top of the song selection area & check to see whether it says "Thank you for voting!" or something like "We have already counted your vote." You can make selections a million times, but it may not actually be counting your vote.

The key to have your vote count multiple times on Safari is to use Private Browsing. The same thing may work in IE or Firefox, as well.

I think I have voted about 30 times since last night, yet Breathe and Unknown Caller haven't moved! There was a stage where there was a 0.01% margin between NLOTH and Mysterious Ways-that is gone now, they are neck and neck again! :doh:

We need a concerted effort to at least keep NLOTH, Zooropa and Out Of Control in there! Ill try and do a few more votes tomorrow.

If you can actually vote many times, by all means vote many times! Get Walk On and Elevation out and bring Breathe and Electrical Storm in!

Walk On, Elevation, Mysterious Ways, Vertigo, and Crazy Tonight. Bugger off!

Wow, Elevation is on a tear. Looks like it's about to overtake the Fly. :crack:

1. Bad 3.3%
2. Where The Streets Have No Name 3.23%
3. Magnificent 3.18%
4. One 3.11%
5. Ultra Violet (Light My Way) 3.1%
6. Even Better Than The Real Thing 2.91%
7. With Or Without You 2.82%
8. Beautiful Day 2.81%
9. The Unforgettable Fire 2.67%
10. City Of Blinding Lights 2.66%
11. Moment of Surrender 2.63%
12. All I Want Is You/Love Rescue Me 2.62%
13. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m looking For 2.61%
14. Until The End Of The World 2.54%
15. One Tree Hill 2.38%
16. Walk On 2.35%
17. The Fly 2.32%
18. Elevation 2.32%
19. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) 2.31%
20. Zooropa 2.29%
21. Out Of Control 2.28%
22. No Line On the Horizon 2.26%
===========================================
23. Mysterious Ways 2.26%

Nevermind that I think MW will end up on the CD at the expense of NLOTH. :sad:

The difference between NLOTH and Mysterious Ways really is only one vote...

I saw that MW was above NLOTH, so i voted agian..... one vote later and NLOTH is on top agian.

Isn't No Line On The Horizon from Sheffield?

I'm not 100%, but if so, that means we already have that version in soundboard quality guys. I'd rather have a new version of Mysterious Ways...

I saw it flip back and forth again. Craziness!!! :doh:

It is crazy. There's a massive battle going on between Mysterious Ways and NLOTH. I voted again last night and NLOTH moved to 2.27%, with Mysterious Ways at 2.26%. Now they are neck and neck again.
Just gotta keep voting every day!

Isn't No Line On The Horizon from Sheffield?

I'm not 100%, but if so, that means we already have that version in soundboard quality guys. I'd rather have a new version of Mysterious Ways...

I wouldn't. If you listen to the clip of Mysterious Ways, this version doesn't sound that great.

I'm basically paying $40 for a soundboard copy of One Tree Hill the way it stands now. It is still cool that Zooropa and OOC are making it (barely) and even the AIWIY/Love Rescue Me is kind of cool. But this was such a blown oppurtunity by the fans.

i'd bet that now that we can't see results, the next time we hear about the tracklist, some how Pride, Mysterious Ways and In A Little While will have replaced Zooropa, Stay, and One Tree Hill.

As of yesterday:

Bad 3.29%
Where The Streets Have No Name 3.22%
Magnificent 3.19%
One 3.11%
Ultra Violet (Light My Way) 3.1%
Even Better Than The Real Thing 2.91%
With Or Without You 2.82%
Beautiful Day 2.81%
The Unforgettable Fire 2.67%
City Of Blinding Lights 2.66%
Moment of Surrender 2.63%
All I Want Is You/Love Rescue Me 2.61%
I Still Haven’t Found What I’m looking For 2.61%
Until The End Of The World 2.54%
One Tree Hill 2.38%
Walk On 2.35%
The Fly 2.33%
Stay (Faraway, So Close!) 2.32%
Elevation 2.31%
Zooropa 2.29%
Out Of Control 2.28%
No Line On the Horizon 2.27%
===========================================
Mysterious Ways 2.26%
40 2.22%
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix) 2.21%
Vertigo 2.21%
I Will Follow 2.16%
Sunday Bloody Sunday 2.13%
Pride (In the Name of Love) 2.1%
New Year’s Day 2.08%
Breathe 2.04%
Electrical Storm 2.02%
Miss Sarajevo 1.92%
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me 1.89%
Unknown Caller 1.72%
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of 1.6%
In A Little While 1.55%
Get On Your Boots 1.52%
Mothers Of The Disappeared 1.41%
Desire 1.39%
Spanish Eyes 1.3%
Return Of The Stingray Guitar 1.25%
Your Blue Room 1.17%
Party Girl 1.16%
Angel Of Harlem 1.06%
Scarlet 0.96%

Something in my gut tells me that it is all about Mysterious Ways and the bottom 3 inside the cut. If Mysterious Ways was to get in, which of the bottom 3 would you want out (if you had to choose)?

If it were up to me, I'd probably pick OOC simply due to official releases in audio only forms.

Of course, it would be magical if Elevation just fell right off (Walk On, I'm afraid is just too embedded in there like a tick). Mysterious Ways replacing Elevation I could live with.

So you'd rather have the same than something new?

I can't speak for macphisto54, but I felt that the 360 tour produced a version of Mysterious Ways that was very forgettable. The missing slide solo and scat-like vocals with it were the orgasm of the song for me. It was much better live on all previous tours.
I'd like a polished up No Line over Mysterious Ways, absolutely.

Irving Place 2000, pre-Elevation Tour. My baby is having a baby! :drool:

Mysterious Ways was crap on this tour. It would be great not to see it on this compilation.

I'll say it again: Whatever songs are on the CD, I'm happy. I'll enjoy them.

HOWEVER...

I really want U2.com to make the remaining songs available as well. Sell them for $1 on iTunes. Sell them on U2.com. Make a second CD available. Just do SOMETHING with the songs that didn't make the cut. Given how close the voting is for many of these songs, there's no way one CD will make everyone happy. But making the other songs available is a win-win.

Plus, just as with the AB covers CD, U2 can donate the proceeds from those of us buying the other songs to charity. So it becomes a win-win-win!

Please, please do something with the songs that don't make the cut. You have a ton of subscribers who would be very interested in getting all of the songs or at least 3/4 of them! :wave:

I agree doctorwho. I'd like to get them all if I could.

While seeing the preview artwork for this package is exciting, it sort of confirms the 22 on cd only. Of course, my wife tells me that I'm wrong a lot too. :D

I'll say it again: Whatever songs are on the CD, I'm happy. I'll enjoy them.

HOWEVER...

I really want U2.com to make the remaining songs available as well. Sell them for $1 on iTunes. Sell them on U2.com. Make a second CD available. Just do SOMETHING with the songs that didn't make the cut. Given how close the voting is for many of these songs, there's no way one CD will make everyone happy. But making the other songs available is a win-win.

Plus, just as with the AB covers CD, U2 can donate the proceeds from those of us buying the other songs to charity. So it becomes a win-win-win!

Please, please do something with the songs that don't make the cut. You have a ton of subscribers who would be very interested in getting all of the songs or at least 3/4 of them! :wave:

It's 22 songs. Look at the graphic. It's already 2 CDs. You're talking about expanding it to 4. I don't see that happening.

Making the rest of the tracks available digitally? We may have a chance at that. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom