New U2.com subscriber gift known... sort of.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
u2 fans: wahh wahhh :sad: u2.com stinks, they don't treat us well enough... duals is horse shit! look at what other bands give their fans! shit, pearl jam gives their fans free blow jobs! what do you do? you suck! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :sad:

u2.com: okay... fine. we suck. if you think you're so good, pick what you want yourselves!

u2 fans: wahhhhhhh why did they let the fans pick! this cd stinks! too many hits! the fans suck! wahhhhhhhhhhhh u2 fans are stupid :sad:

:lmao:

Too true.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
u2 fans: wahh wahhh :sad: u2.com stinks, they don't treat us well enough... duals is horse shit! look at what other bands give their fans! shit, pearl jam gives their fans free blow jobs! what do you do? you suck! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :sad:

u2.com: okay... fine. we suck. if you think you're so good, pick what you want yourselves!

u2 fans: wahhhhhhh why did they let the fans pick! this cd stinks! too many hits! the fans suck! wahhhhhhhhhhhh u2 fans are stupid :sad:

:wink:

Mr. Ache i think you should be in charge of u2.com, that would be interesting to see.

strange it actually did let me vote again, but then it says my vote was already counted. SO which is it?

Thank you, we have already counted your vote.
Bad 3.34%
Ultra Violet (Light My Way) 3.22%
Magnificent 3.19%
Where The Streets Have No Name 3.19%
One 3.02%
Even Better Than The Real Thing 2.95%
Beautiful Day 2.73%
Moment of Surrender 2.73%
With Or Without You 2.73%
The Unforgettable Fire 2.69%
All I Want Is You/Love Rescue Me 2.58%
Until The End Of The World 2.56%
City Of Blinding Lights 2.56%
I Still Haven’t Found What I’m looking For 2.53%
Out Of Control 2.4%
One Tree Hill 2.4%
Zooropa 2.4%
The Fly 2.38%
No Line On the Horizon 2.34%
Stay (Faraway, So Close!) 2.32%
Walk On 2.27%
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix) 2.27%
40 2.26%
Elevation 2.22%
Mysterious Ways 2.2%
Vertigo 2.18%
I Will Follow 2.1%
Breathe 2.08%
Electrical Storm 2.08%
Sunday Bloody Sunday 2%
New Year’s Day 1.97%
Pride (In the Name of Love) 1.97%
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me 1.93%
Miss Sarajevo 1.92%
Unknown Caller 1.81%
Get On Your Boots 1.56%
In A Little While 1.53%
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of 1.5%
Mothers Of The Disappeared 1.46%
Spanish Eyes 1.35%
Return Of The Stingray Guitar 1.34%
Desire 1.31%
Your Blue Room 1.23%
Party Girl 1.17%
Angel Of Harlem 1.03%
Scarlet 1%

Bad 3.34%
Magnificent 3.19%
One 3.02%
Beautiful Day 2.73%
Out Of Control 2.4%
One Tree Hill 2.4%
Zooropa 2.4%
The Fly 2.38%
Walk On 2.27%

These would be the songs that make the cut. Egad. Move 40, Breathe, HMTMKMKM, Singray, and Angel of Harlem up and take out Walk On, Crazy Tonight, ISHFWILF, WOWY, and COBL. Then you'll have a happy camper here.

Bad 3.34%
Magnificent 3.19%
One 3.02%
Beautiful Day 2.73%
Out Of Control 2.4%
One Tree Hill 2.4%
Zooropa 2.4%
The Fly 2.38%
Walk On 2.27%

These would be the songs that make the cut. Egad. Move 40, Breathe, HMTMKMKM, Singray, and Angel of Harlem up and take out Walk On, Crazy Tonight, ISHFWILF, WOWY, and COBL. Then you'll have a happy camper here.

Some of the songs missing are a travesty and the inclusion of Walk On is insane. BUT that would actually be a good CD.

Niceman said:
Some of the songs missing are a travesty and the inclusion of Walk On is insane. BUT that would actually be a good CD.

Walk On is in my top 3 U2 songs, but the 360 version wasn't very good to me. Elevation versions were great, but this tour they really hammered on the political message, almost too much. Plus, Edge's tone wasn't as good, and it lacked the second guitar.

i would love to see Party Girl, Spanish Eyes, HMTMKMKM, Miss Sarajevo, 40, & Electrical Storm all in the top 22. I suppose i can deal with the awful Crazy Tonight if it includes the Discotheque snippet....which i don't know if it does or not.

i would love to see Party Girl, Spanish Eyes, HMTMKMKM, Miss Sarajevo, 40, & Electrical Storm all in the top 22. I suppose i can deal with the awful Crazy Tonight if it includes the Discotheque snippet....which i don't know if it does or not.

It had better have that damn Discotheque snippet especially since HTMTETCETERA is losing badly. :sad:

The U2.com homepage now has a animation (on the right) showing the names of some people who voted and what their favourite song is. So we have names for those who voted for WOWY, One, Pride, etc. :mac:
(I noticed that Doctorwho gets a pass with his vote for One Tree Hill :) )

The U2.com homepage now has a animation (on the right) showing the names of some people who voted and what their favourite song is. So we have names for those who voted for WOWY, One, Pride, etc. :mac:

Not only is that my favorite JT song, but this was the song's first performance in the U.S. since the JT tour! Per my recollection, they only played it once on the Vertigo tour and once on 360. Two performances since the Love Town era. Therefore, I think it deserves to be recognized! :yes:

But I am disappointed to see the "usual" there. Sure, I love me some Streets and WOWY and One - but NOT AGAIN! This is a fan CD - showcase rarities that are hardly ever heard, not your favorites. There's a 10000 spots for favorites.

Still, as Corianderstem stated, if you love a Streets or another popular track and want it on the CD, that's your choice. Who am I to judge? :shrug:

Not only is that my favorite JT song, but this was the song's first performance in the U.S. since the JT tour! Per my recollection, they only played it once on the Vertigo tour and once on 360. Two performances since the Love Town era. Therefore, I think it deserves to be recognized! :yes:

They actually played it four times on Vertigo (twice in Auckland, twice in Tokyo) and three other times on 360 (twice Auckland, once Santiago). But yes, it's still special and deserves to be recognized.

You or someone with the same name voted for Miss Sarajevo.. ;)

I'll be found guilty of voting for Zooropa then. :wink:

Yeah - I'm surprised my vote was noticed. But it was correct. Either a good guess or PopMartin saw it. :)
If I would have seen your username you use here I would have guessed it was you. :)

It wasn't his username, but his real name. I believe the doctor was already on the Interwebs when I joined the WIRE mailing list back in 1995.

You or someone with the same name voted for Miss Sarajevo.. ;)

That wasn't me, as I didn't vote for it myself. Also, I did not use my username, but my real name. (And that one is quite common :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom