New remix of Streets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i watched the opening ceremony - didn't notice the song though LOL

BVS said:
Didn't watch the opening ceremony, what part was this being played? So do we know who did this remix?

It was played as all the olympians were marching into the stadium.

You can actually buy it on itunes as part of the album of the songs played at the Olympic opening ceremony. (Album only though) There's also a request thread for it here.

I thought it sounded cool underneath the NBC announcers yammering over it, but was really disappointed listening to it for real.

It's not good.

It was played as all the olympians were marching into the stadium.

i watched that bit - still missed the song though! was it that unrecognisable?! we were doing running commentaries while watching though so maybe i was a bit distracted :lol:

I thought it was very recognizable that Streets was playing. Beautiful Day followed it. Don't remember what countries were walking in while it played.

I thought it was very recognizable that Streets was playing. Beautiful Day followed it. Don't remember what countries were walking in while it played.

really? oh god i don't know where my head was then! i watched the Olympians from the beginning til about mid-way thru - we had friends round for dinner that night though and we all ended up in front of the tv specially to watch - there MAY have been some alcohol involved too :D

If I remember right, it was during the first half of the alphabet of countries. I paid attention til about half way through, then did other stuff until the U's. I remember hearing Streets and Beautiful Day distinctly, though NBC took a commercial break during Streets.

OK it's not exactly spectacular, it does have some good energy... but why not just play the original? Have there been any kind of official remixes of Streets released over the years?

Back
Top Bottom