New Mp3 in Australian Radio Promo for Vertigo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i dont think theyre playing it today, unless i misread the rest of the thread?

i just woke up after all

Guys they are not allowed to play it. They remade a new ad after they played this Thursday AM one for a while, reneging on their promise to play it.

We all must wait til Friday.
:(

AussieU2fanman said:
Ok now that I listen to it even closer, it sounds like Bono's saying
'Hello Hello, I'm out of place, call Vertigo.'

my guess is they have edited parts of the song in this promo clip.
first they use the intro, the some part of a verse, then part of the chorus and then the bridge, that's why you can't tell the lyrics, they're kinda mixed up.
Also when i was cleaning the clip, i saw that the wave flow wasn't continuous-like, it was as if it was cut and pasted....
hope this helps!

Last edited:
you know, whatever the lyrics are, it will probably end up one of my permanent mis-singings. like moon light on the avenue, instead of blue light on the avenue.
:reject:

that is the first of the clips ive listened to. i heard about 5 seconds of one of the beach clips and turned it off because i knew i wouldnt enjoy it.

this clip is awesome.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
why would he be calling vertigo?

Perhaps "Vertigo" is an acronym for...

Oh fuck, who cares, I want to listen to the song already. :sad:

On a serious note :wink:, it sounds like "at a place called vertigo" to me.

could "cause/caused" fit in here somewhere? bono has fit some pretty long words in places i've not thought possible in songs before, until looking it up in the cd booklet.

as in a place which causes vertigo...:hmm:

The first thing the DJ says in the promo is the song is being delivered to the radio station 6 PM Friday NIGHT! Might that suggest that the song is being delivered simultaneously around the world and places like New Zealand and Australia might not have a jump on the rest of the world?

Yeh I noticed that, but they also said they'd play the song tomorrow morning. :wink:
And Dave Fanning has already officially confirmed it everywhere that he will play it, quite obviously he has permission from Universal.

OMG Edge! *fangirly squeel*

I am in LOVE with that riff at the end of this clip. :drool:

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I can't WAIT to hear the whole song!

Edgette said:

I am in LOVE with that riff at the end of this clip.

Same! I've been playing it on my ol' geetar over and over again!

GUITAR ALBUM, HERE WE COME!

too me is "i'm in a place called vertigo" but i must say that the what i love more is the "hey hey" part - it's giving definitely a punk feeling to it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom