New Mp3 in Australian Radio Promo for Vertigo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, this was a great surprise to wake up to.

Hmmm, interesting, someone had made a prediction that we'd be hearing some very short promos about Vertigo prior to the release.

Angela Harlem said:
MMM used to be really good with premature leaks. If they've mixed the clip like you reckon Earnie, why cant they just 'have an accidental playing'. They must have the full song or at least part of it to remix it for an ad promo like this.

My bet is they do have the full thing, they did have every intention of playing it tomorrow morning, and then they got a little call from Universal HQ in The Rocks telling them in no uncertain terms that either..

a) go ahead and play it and forget about any U2 exclusives/interviews etc in the future....
or
b) so you downloaded it illegaly hey... our lawyers will be listening at 8.30 tomorrow...

Which brings up the next obvious question, and I'm surprised that no-one else has mentioned it... Where did they get it from?

AussieU2fanman said:
yeh, in the clip they said they got it from the internet? Guys check out winmx or something. It might be there.

Nah, we'd know if it was. I think that's just some story they came up with in an attempt to try to be funny. If Vertigo was online, someone on Interference would have alerted us to it. We'd probably be listening to it right now.

Maybe it was an already pre-edited version of the song sent directly from U2's management to be used as exactly as it has been used? Maybe other radio stations just felt that the little clip wasn't enough and made the descision to wait for the full thing come Thursday/Friday.

There's an e-mail thread on Interference's Wire mailing list about someone claiming to have downloaded the full song. A bunch of people have replied asking where in the world they got it from. I'll post again if any real information comes from this.

AussieU2fanman said:
Nobody is even being sent the full song yet, and howcome this is the only station in the world that has a promo? This isn't making much sense.

How do you know that this is the only radio station in the world that has a promo?

Well, this just goes to show ya. If you get wind of some station playing the song before they're supposed to, post it in a thread about Bono's hair so PM won't read it...

One might think how excited can you get over this less then 5 second clip? Let me tell you first hand... very much. ;-)

OMG...

*dies*

This sounds fucking amazing. Even if it's all of 30 seconds. That part at the beginning when the (DAMN! sorry :wink:) Aussie is talking, seriously sounds Achtung Baby-ish. And no, I'm not talking about the little Mysterious Ways clip thrown in there. And then, when it's just the song, it's positively GUH! MUSTHEARFULLSONGBEFOREIFARKINEXPLODE! And the guitar at the end! ARGH! *kisses The Edge's feet*

Aahhh you go away for an hour, come back and listen to it again, and it just sounds better.

The good bit is that even this clip is pretty poor quality. Obviously infinite lightyears ahead of the beach clip, but there's still a dozen quality notches to climb yet.... I can't wait to hear this thing at 100% on a fuck-off stereo.

i cleaned the clip a bit, normalized it, threw in an EQ as well.
now it's louder and less noisy.
i can upload it to the yahoo group you already have.
just say the word if you want it.
Great work guyz, thanx!

U2_Neat said:
i cleaned the clip a bit, normalized it, threw in an EQ as well.
now it's louder and less noisy.
i can upload it to the yahoo group you already have.
just say the word if you want it.
Great work guyz, thanx!

Can you pleeease send it to me :bow:

jc-g@c2i.net

Last edited:
Is it me, or is Bono's voice a little too cleaned up? Know what I mean?

After the Hello Hello! doesnt it sound like someone yelling "what up?" or somehting and then someone yells something after im at a place called vertigo...almost sounds like "whats that" " or come get some"

pittTodd said:
After the Hello Hello! doesnt it sound like someone yelling "what up?" or somehting and then someone yells something after im at a place called vertigo...almost sounds like "whats that" " or come get some"

Yeah, I think you might be right there. I like the backing vocals, they're pretty cool sounding.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has this thing on repeat.

:reject:

GibsonGirl said:
Please tell me I'm not the only one who has this thing on repeat.

:reject:

Nope your not!

Man, we've already got people talking about Bono's voice being to tidy sounding now! can you not be happy that the man is sounding fresh!

Back
Top Bottom