New LCD Soundsystem album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think it'll be fun to dance to.

Sprockets.jpg

The whole thing would work a lot better without the "drunk girls/drunk boys" shouts. I like J. Murph's delivery, the song is as propulsive as you'd expect, and it's busy without sounding cluttered. So basically what you're accustomed to with LCD. But those shouts really take away from the total package for me, making what could have been a poor man's "Daft Punk is Playing at My House" into a rich man's "Give It Up."

The whole thing would work a lot better without the "drunk girls/drunk boys" shouts. I like J. Murph's delivery, the song is as propulsive as you'd expect, and it's busy without sounding cluttered. So basically what you're accustomed to with LCD. But those shouts really take away from the total package for me, making what could have been a poor man's "Daft Punk is Playing at My House" into a rich man's "Give It Up."

It feels more like "North American Scum" than anything else to me.

But new LCD? Thank the maker.

Fucking awesome cover. Easily my most anticipated album of the year. Starting to feel the excitement boil in my blood.

...wat

Mmm.

In my opinion, his quality of music has consistently deteriorated from the first album onward...along with the covers. Granted, we haven't heard the new record yet, but "Drunk Girls" is far worse than anything on the other releases. Sound of Silver was a great album and "All My Friends" was an amazing track, but it wasn't the genre defining behemoth that the debut happened to be. SOS barely made my Top 30 that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom