New Apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, same kind you got. :)

There is very little difference between the new MacBooks and MacBook Pros that would actually be of any value to me.

Day 2: still in love!

Martina, if you can, take a workshop at an Apple store. they are actually very good.:)
You get the one with the illuminated keyboard? :drool:

Yeah I am going to go to an Apple store next week to get my crap moved from my old laptop's hard drive to the Mac and then I can about the workshop. Good idea!!

I just bought an iMac thursday night after a virus prevented me from accessing my pc.
I'm majorly :confused: at the moment - do they offer workshops for iMac users as well?

And this Bootcamp stuff, $129 to install Windows? No thanks.

How does your MacBook run with windows on it? Vista is such a huge system hog that I've always wondered.

(Not that I have any intention of putting it on)

I don't do vista. It's shit. XP is so much better.

In the beginning I encountered a few problems, I couldn't install several programs (photoshop, wmp11), and some random issues with the stuff that's usually pre-installed on a windows pc. But all was fixed as I got all XP's updates and some microsoft run program that guides installations, apparently I didn't ahve that tho it's standard on pcs, so I downloaded it and everything's fine.

"Apple released two new iPod Shuffles with an even smaller design today. The updates were predicted at the very last minute this morning.

The new 4GB devices are priced at $79 and can hold up to 1000 songs. These new iPod Shuffles adopt a more vertical shape than the previous model, but are smaller overall. The previous generation iPod shuffles remain available for purchase.

Apple also added a new "VoiceOver" feature that allows the iPod shuffle to speak your song titles, artists and playlist names. All of the controls are located on the earphone cord.
"Imagine your music player talking to you, telling you your song titles, artists and playlist names," said Greg Joswiak, Apple's vice president of iPod and iPhone™ Product Marketing. "The amazingly small new iPod shuffle takes a revolutionary approach to how you listen to your music by talking to you, also making it the first iPod shuffle with playlists."

Using the VoiceOver feature, the new Shuffle allows you to pick and choose between different playlists. More details are available on Apple's iPod Shuffle section of their website. They also provide a Guided Tour video (direct QuickTime link) that walks through the new features.
"
084542-shuffle2.jpg

wow, that's small.

Anyone know how/where firewalls are on a Macbook pro? (if there even are any?!)

I cant seem to get MSN, Yahoo or "other" internet programs to work, except the internet itself. (Firefox) :huh:

Pissing me off, I have to use webmessenger and since macs dont have a program bar I have to cycle though the damn windows. :angry:

Well, I'm not entirely sure but I thought the macbook didn't have a firewall cause it doesn't really need it. Same with virusses.
Try macrumours.com, those guys know about everything about the macbook there is.

re: instant messenger programs for mac, i recommend adium. it's a great all-in-one program for every im imaginable. i haven't even heard of half the ones it supports, but it does have all the major ones: aim, yahoo, msn, icq, google, etc.

I don't like Adium aesthetically although it has way better features than MSN for Mac which sucks total donkey balls.

You know when you have the keyboard or musical typing layout?

Well, can you make the musical typing layout any bigger? so you can get more notes on?

1 octave at a time just isnt big enough. :(

I have a USB keyboard (piano keyboard) too, do you think it'd work with garageband?

Ive never gotten it to work on windows, and I cant get my USB guitar to work on garageband (which, if you know how to fix, Id REALLY appriciate), so I dont want to lug the keyboard all the way upstairs for it to not work...

You know when you have the keyboard or musical typing layout?

Well, can you make the musical typing layout any bigger? so you can get more notes on?

1 octave at a time just isnt big enough. :(

I have a USB keyboard (piano keyboard) too, do you think it'd work with garageband?

Ive never gotten it to work on windows, and I cant get my USB guitar to work on garageband (which, if you know how to fix, Id REALLY appriciate), so I dont want to lug the keyboard all the way upstairs for it to not work...

Extend the bottom right-hand corner of the display all the way to the right, but not vertically. If you do that, you just increase the key-size and not fill the entire board.

As far as the USB keyboard goes, if your Mac recognizes it, it should be fair game. I've never tried something like that before, so I can't say.

Hope that helps at least a bit.

Apple is supposed to announce a new update for the iphone tomorrow. It's supposed to include a copy and paste feature. :hyper:

Yup, here it is;
During a live taping of Diggnation, Kevin Rose revealed details about the expected "Copy and Paste" functionality coming in iPhone 3.0. World of Apple reports on the event with a link to a video of the moment (warning: strong language).

According to Rose, to invoke Copy and Paste, you simply double tap on the word, and a magnifier bubble will appear with two quotes that you can drag around your selection. Once you make your selection, you can copy, paste or cut. Rose has been accurate in the past with details about upcoming Apple product revisions. As well, we have also heard that Copy and Paste will be arriving in 3.0 alongside a much improved homepage/springboard with the ability to organize in categories.

Apple will be revealing iPhone 3.0 in detail on Tuesday, March 17th at a special media event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom