New album talk - album coming when fish start riding bicycles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not exactly jumping out of my skin with this preview either but man it's a 30 second preview with movie quotes over it! Sheesh!

I know it's only a clip, but from the clip you can hear some familiar things - Use of shitty keyboard (NOT COBL keyboard which is amazing), Bono's falsetto, and nothing interesting.

And for the record, I don't need just fast songs like Vertigo. I love Cedars of Lebanon. Interesting song. Different sound.

This tune sounds like a NLOTH throwback.

Pains me to write this but I was hoping for something amazing and instead, I got another song you'd hear in a dentist's office. I've been a fan for twenty years and I must say, I think they're best days are behind them. I literally fell asleep on my first listen of NLOTH. The album was simply crap. This song, also crap. Boring. So sad.

Well it is a song featured in a Mandela movie, hardly a place to drop a groundbreaking song. It serves its purpose.

This clip clearly shows that U2 has l lost it. Having Nelson Mandela speaking over the music? Come on! That's not the kind of experimentation we're looking for!

Pains me to write this but I was hoping for something amazing and instead, I got another song you'd hear in a dentist's office. I've been a fan for twenty years and I must say, I think they're their, their their best days are behind them. I literally fell asleep on my first listen of NLOTH. The album was simply crap. This song, also crap. Boring. So sad.

Ok time to eat something.

Well it is a song featured in a Mandela movie, hardly a place to drop a groundbreaking song. It serves its purpose.

True. Serves its purpose - but doesn't do anything new or extraordinary. I know it's a lot to expect of an artist, but these guys made some of the most amazing music in history. It's just sad for me to see them making music that merely serves its purpose.

Assuming the point of the movie is that prison works? Mandela hasn't reoffended, he's gone straight. Good for him

Bleh, another album with Bono singing too high incoming it seems. He sounds way better if he tones it down a bit....I felt that NLOTH would've sounded a lot better and less cheesy had he not sung so high which quite frankly sounds pretty terrible these days.

Can't really judge the song by the few seconds of the clip, but it didn't excite me that much as the NLOTH 30sec previews, they sounded pretty cool right off the bat, whereas I'm not really sure with this one :s From what I've heard it sounds pretty bland.

Bleh, another album with Bono singing too high incoming it seems. He sounds way better if he tones it down a bit....I felt that NLOTH would've sounded a lot better and less cheesy had he not sung so high which quite frankly sounds pretty terrible these days.

This. Exactly THIS.

This high pitched singing voice is not working anymore. It's simply not beautiful. It's distracting and annoying because it's not natural and unforced like it was in the 80's.

Weeell...if I heard that smidgeon of audio on the radio, I'd hop onto another channel. It doesn't sound like U2, more like Bono singing over a Coldplay track (uggghh). But no need for anyone to lose their shit. Obviously they're keeping their powder dry, and the really good shit is still a ways off. Still, at least we got a first "teaser" of the DM stuff (assuming it is DM).

Oh damn U2 is over I heard this 30 second clip and that's it they suck they shouldn't release an album his voice is forced and sounds so blend. I now hate U2 those trolls! Where is that envelope they were going to push! Blah... End of sarcasm

What a dream job working at U2.com must be. You show up for work 2x a year. As a photo or two, copy and paste a link and go home. They take what other free sites do 50xs a DAY and turn it into "showing the fans some love"
Really?
It's 2013 we have Twitter Facebook Instagram live streaming YouTube Vimeo vine and god knows what else was invented in the last 2 hours and we as fans are worse off than when Propaganda was the way to get news bc at least Prop gave us news!!!!

Rant over.

I agree about u2.com what a joke lol. They gave us something that is available everywhere and made a huge deal about it! They could just give us the freaking song or if not some album news or unreleased material from r&h. Instead it's the same 30 second clip that was given to us elsewhere!! Blah:doh:

I watch 10 new trailers a day on the same movie news site. They acted as if it was the new Star Wars trailer and they were the only one with a copy. If they just put it on the site without hype as the regular news it is I'd be fine. Or maybe do an interview about the song. Tell us who produced it. Show the band making it. Put a pic if the band with Mandels up for goodness sake not a pic of rattle and hum with the orange font. Wth?!?!

I guess the nice thing here is that we'll probably get the full version of this song within a couple months. The song sounds like it will be decent. Then by the time we're sick of it, the 1st single will be out.

Chrous is a cracker - something slightly different, I think sonically. A HQ version and hearing the full song, structure and all will help.

throwingmoney.gif

Here U2.com! Where's the song?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: love this gif!

The press release says it was written specifically for the movie. Doubt its on the new album, except maybe as a bonus track for Japan and/or UK.

Seems good from what little was heard. Nice to have until the new album comes. Hope the full version is out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom