New album talk - album coming when fish start riding bicycles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to admit it because I get really nervous when the band starts talking about being relevant and all that, but this actually has the kind of sound to get them there again. You can tell they're going for that modern anthem kind of sound and it doesn't sound awkward or forced. Big anthems are their comfort zone and it sounds like they've really found a way to bring it into present day, instead of being stuck in a bit of a slump. It's not crazy experimentation (which I would love, btw) but it sounds new and a great way to bring U2 into this decade! I'm excited.

Absolutely behind this.

Unforced is exactly right -- huge is so hard to do right now. This is it.

And one more time, the vocal sound on "All the beauty that's been lost before"...:heart:

I really believe in Danger Mouse and this band.

Pretty smart move by U2.

New song here for the soundtrack/movie 4th quarter this year, getting the U2 name back out there, and then the first single from their actual new album shortly in 2014. Sort of two singles, but only shooting one song from the album.

Agreed

So is the consensus that what U2.com did was actually pretty cool, considering how genuine a surprise it was?

And/or that they were trolling hard for that $50?

Pretty good clip. I liked the hook in the song. Digging Bono still pulling out some falsetto. Can't wait to hear a full version.

"We can’t fall any further and we can’t feel an ordinary love, and we can not reach any higher if we can’t deal with ordinary love..."

Well, wasn't expecting the surprise to be this. I'm getting excited again. I really like what I heard - now I want to hear the song in full. :up:

Obviously, you can't really tell too much of the song in the brief clip. Which band member had the quote about the new music being a bit more "light footed"? From the clip, I think that description is accurate.

Full judgment will be withheld until we hear the full thing, of course.

So, basically u2.com created a big noise (and earned a few extra bucks from late fans who thought they'd have some sort of gift) with the excerpt of a new song with tones of noise of the movie trailer over it, is that it?

So, basically u2.com created a big noise (and earned a few extra bucks from late fans who thought they'd have some sort of gift) with the excerpt of a new song with tones of noise of the movie trailer over it, is that it?

And the trailer is online for everyone haha

throwingmoney.gif

Here U2.com! Where's the song?

Pains me to write this but I was hoping for something amazing and instead, I got another song you'd hear in a dentist's office. I've been a fan for twenty years and I must say, I think they're best days are behind them. I literally fell asleep on my first listen of NLOTH. The album was simply crap. This song, also crap. Boring. So sad.

Pains me to write this but I was hoping for something amazing and instead, I got another song you'd hear in a dentist's office. I've been a fan for twenty years and I must say, I think they're best days are behind them. I literally fell asleep on my first listen of NLOTH. The album was simply crap. This song, also crap. Boring. So sad.

I'm not exactly jumping out of my skin with this preview either but man it's a 30 second preview with movie quotes over it! Sheesh!

What would you have rather heard in a movie trailer clip? Specifically?

And you're able to say this after hearing a 60-second clip (which you can't hear very well due to the dialogue) and only part of the lyrics of a song which may or may not be any indication of the forthcoming album?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom