New Album Discussion (Is Headache Going To The Superbowl?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so much time gone by,

i'm beginning to think the band are sadist to fans and masochist to works of perfection.

but it could be worse, this place could be a smashing pumpkins fan forum circa early 2000s

So, "Breathe" is a new recording? Not simply the album backing track with new vocals & lyrics?

I see it's 1 minute shorter than the album cut, with completely different production credits.

BZ_7GwXCYAE4Af8.jpg:large

First thing that caught my eye... Bernie Grundman Mastering. :hmm: Wasn't that where we got info from that everyone interpreted as him mastering the new album this summer or something? The name rings a bell but I can't recall what exactly.

Those credits are really interesting and I think very promising that we're at least going to get an album that sounds cohesive, interesting and fresh. I think it also says something for their confidence and presumably happiness at how things are going that they are happy to put out an entirely new song on a soundtrack and also find time to re-record Breathe too when they could have just commissioned a remix or two.

Still very optimistic here for the first time in many an album build up to be honest....

I was pretty excited during the NLOTH build up..

- back with Eno and Lanois
- Morocco
- almost weekly band videos (Adam's green tea jam! what will that sound like!?!)

Good point about NLOTH, some of those clips were amazing. I think there was an article in Q or something before the album came out and there was talk of re-recording a rockier version of a couple of tracks and I started to worry.

Its amazing to think back to the recording of Achtung Baby where we knew pretty much nothing until the copy of Propaganda came out. I remember scouring the tiny picture of the whiteboard in the studio over and over again wondering what those songs would sound like.

Its amazing to think back to the recording of Achtung Baby where we knew pretty much nothing until the copy of Propaganda came out. I remember scouring the tiny picture of the whiteboard in the studio over and over again wondering what those songs would sound like.

Much better way to get news.

First thing that caught my eye... Bernie Grundman Mastering. :hmm: Wasn't that where we got info from that everyone interpreted as him mastering the new album this summer or something? The name rings a bell but I can't recall what exactly.

Bernie probably just mastered the vinyl. He'll probably master the vinyl version of the next album too.

The calm before the storm. Most likely the new single will be released on or around the Super Bowl, so enjoy the holidays and then things will pick up in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom