New Album Discussion (Is Headache Going To The Superbowl?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. Music is by U2 though.

But yeah, it was just a guess. I do know he's always registered as Brian Burton when it comes to songwriting.

For something like Spiderman its Bono and The Edge, not legal names. I think with DM it would just be branding, ie 'Produced by Danger Mouse' is itself a brand, and to be kept clear and different from writing, any instrument work etc.

U2 Explain Their 'Ordinary Love' Song in 'Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom' - Speakeasy - WSJ
Speakeasy talked to U2 shortly before the screening about the song they recorded for “Mandela” titled “Ordinary Love,” and about the group’s coming album. The Edge confirmed that a new U2 album is on the way, but said they had yet to pick a release date.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/11/26/news-from-mandela-premiere-new-u2-album-coming-in-march-2014
I hung out on the red carpet with U2′s two managers, the famed and brilliant Paul McGuinness who’s been with U2 since Day 1, and Guy Oseary, who’s coming in to work with Paul after his tireless guidance of Madonna over the years.

No, Guy told me, there will be no Madonna-U2 duet on the new album.

Paul did tell me that the album will come in March, maybe right after the group wins an Oscar for their “Mandela” song. They should.

wee bit of news: James Mercer says U2 album sounds "awesome"

EDIT: apparently Mercer is a bit of a curmudgeon.. so, hard won praise!

thanks to DMITD again

tumblr_mwvracp1pE1rib8q9o1_1280.png

“It’s going great, and we’re very happy about progress,” The Edge said. “But we haven’t chosen a release date yet and we won’t do it until the album’s done or as close to done, so we know it’s in the bag, so to speak.”

So April is not the necessary release time ?

It's coming out in March or April. Just because Edge didn't want to give a random interview a relatively hard release date doesn't suggest otherwise, especially when they are rumored to want to announce the album during the Super Bowl. Why announce it any sooner?

March/April, what difference does it make? It's not like they're getting cold feet.
If so, the single probably hits the airwaves in Jan/Feb.

They have been better at getting cold feet then putting out albums. 2002 oh thiers gonna be a new album. 2006 oh wait till you hear this rick rubin stuff. 2008 oh we have to delay this album because we hit this creative surge. (then nloth should have been a double or had more tracks if you were gonna delay the album) 2010 oh we got something coming out. its great. 2012 oh yea fuck that other album now we got so and so producing. 2013 oh yea um 3 best weeks in the studio since 1979. I wonder if the stuff coming out is even from the time they made that 1979 comment was made. I understand that thiers nothing suggesting their getting cold feet now. But I have the right to say ill believe the new album is out when its in my hands after I brought it.

wee bit of news: James Mercer says U2 album sounds "awesome"

EDIT: apparently Mercer is a bit of a curmudgeon.. so, hard won praise!

thanks to DMITD again

I think a key from that article is the talk of how broken bells need to work extra hard to produce the same vibe from the album in a live setting.

May have something to do with the timing of u2's release... they wanted to ensure mr mouse was available to help with the tour, be it in an active setting our merely during pre tour rehearsals.

Interesting that in one of the articles posted earlier there is talk about "two managers", so does this mean Paul isn't out? And yes, he said: Album in March. I think it sounds plausible.

I think a key from that article is the talk of how broken bells need to work extra hard to produce the same vibe from the album in a live setting.

May have something to do with the timing of u2's release... they wanted to ensure mr mouse was available to help with the tour, be it in an active setting our merely during pre tour rehearsals.

good call. that and weddings and whatever else in their personal lives.

^ Adam - (PLEBA worthy comment follows) If you put him in a suit and tie he would easily pass for a Prime Minister or the CEO of a major corporation. Age has been kind to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom