New Album Discussion: Electric Lady Studios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like those works. Some remind me of Gerhard Richter's abstract paintings. Would be nice for a change if U2 would use something so colorful for their album art.

Something about his work really interests me.

I'm not so much into modern art, but I really like some of his pieces. This bodes well for the musical direction if indeed the album art is something like this.

I'm not opposed to black and white at all, as long as the image is interesting/striking (for instance, I think the cover for Mezzanine is fucking awesome). Unfortunately, U2 seem to think that they themselves in monochrome standing up or sitting down, maketh an interesting cover. Out of all the uber rock bands in history, U2, hands down, win the award for the most dire, uninspired album covers.

Do we KNOW U2 are mixing the album? Who came out and said it? We know U2logs came out and stated they are far from mixing. Which some of us think its the band throwing a curve ball.

I hate to be pessimistic but this is U2. I will believe we are getting an album this year when Paul comes out and announces it.

Do we KNOW U2 are mixing the album? Who came out and said it? We know U2logs came out and stated they are far from mixing. Which some of us think its the band throwing a curve ball.

I hate to be pessimistic but this is U2. I will believe we are getting an album this year when Paul comes out and announces it.

Atu2 claims mixing has begun, citing their own "well-placed sources."
U2 in NYC: Mixing the New Album with Danger Mouse

According to well-placed sources, Danger Mouse has been mixing the album at Electric Lady and the band has recently joined in. U2 is apparently finished recording, and hasn't done any new recording at Electric Lady. There was a playback last week, which is apparently what Blackwell tweeted about.

Never does that site post baseless information. I think the fact that they aren't even labelling it a rumour says a lot.

Really couldnt care about the album cover,could be hitler. As long as the music is great!

To be fair, depending on what some consider to be "good art", subjective as it may be...anyone not keen on Jose Parla's work could argue that a painting by Hitler would actually be better. :wink: The Paintings of Adolf Hitler

I do like Parla's stuff though, would be really cool to see what he could do for a U2 album. excited to hear about the possibility of them being at the mixing stage too.

I liked the Sugimoto picture for NLOTH a lot, I like his work. I saw an exhibition of his photos, some of which came from the horizon series, some were turned into a vertical position, which was interesting. I found them very inspiring and was quite happy with U2 chosing this theme for their last album since it was really fitting. I appreciate color as well if it's not too much of a sensual overkill. Given that they all appreciate art and have also collected works by several modern artists I wouldn't be surprised if they chose something like that for the album. I do care about the artwork, since I'm a very visual person, but it has to fit the music. Something colorful could hint at another POP like record :D

To be honest, i'd be surprised if the next album cover wasn't colourful. U2 will probably want to distant this next album to NLOTH, even visually, just like AB was visually removed from JT/R+H, and ATYCLB was from POP.

Of course it isn't a big deal, and it could very well not matter to them, but i bet u2 could very well make a visual statement by making the next album cover very colourful and vibrant, and a big step away from NLOTH visually.

I don't want any of the band members on the album cover. We've had enough of those (October, JT, R&H, Achtung, Pop, ATYCLB, AND Bomb).

I don't want any of the band members on the album cover. We've had enough of those (October, JT, R&H, Achtung, Pop, ATYCLB, AND Bomb).

You could include the US version of Boy, UF, and isn't there an image of Edge on Zooropa hidden in there somewhere?

That artwork is awesome. I love abstract stuff like that. Also, the fact that they may be going for something colorful is exciting to me, given the largely black and white aesthetic of the last three records.

Some of his artworks are AMAZING.

SKY-CANYON.jpg

Hackney-Canal-1.jpg

If they want an album title to go with art like that, I'd suggest Clusterfuck as something appropriate.

Fly-2000, next time, could you try posting images that are just a little bit bigger? My browser has been running way to fast for my tastes.

Thanks!

PS. Oh, and José Parlá's art is not a "clusterfuck." It's actually quite amazing. Sometimes it's best to say nothing at all.

I'd hazard a guess on a release date of Tuesday November 12 2013. Or 11-12-13 if you prefer.

Actually, that's very good guess. The only problem is, 11-12-13 doesn't work if you're in Europe or most of the rest of the world for that matter. I'm sure the American and Canadians would get a hoot out of it though. :)

Now Bono will just have to learn how to say those digits in Spanish, and it'll be a go!

:lol: That's probably the first thing you've ever said that I wish I had. Pretty funny. :up:

Right then, back to you post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom