New Album Discussion 1 - Songs of..... - Unreasonable guitar album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Definitely catchy and if they go even more balls to the wall on the next album we should have a real gem. Can’t imagine they’d also have this on the next album, probably a one off for the residency whereas Invisible should have been on SOI proper. Can’t wait until my show on 10/7!!!

I kinda hope this will be on the album, simply because that would mean the album is happening sooner than later. And if what Edge said in the interview is right, that this is a taste of the direction they're headed in, then it'd make sense.

That said, if they could manage an 11 song (or so) album within the year without this and all the tracks are as good or better? That'd be nice.

It's just Miss Murder (verse) and Call Me (chorus) stapled together. "I'm free" even rhymes with "call me" and it's sung in the same cadence.

The song randomly turns into Good Vibrations in the middle for about 20 seconds.

I appreciated the shout out to Vegas so we know exactly what the purpose of the song is.

It's okay.

I am on Australian VPN and it is on their YouTube channel. Not the video, just the audio. The mix is really well done. Great bass separation. Hearing 10X more Adam than the radio recording.

Thanks Dan for your diligence getting stuff to us Yanks early.

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1707423564272394276

'Like any sane person we see climate change as being the existential threat of the generation.’ The Edge

So that's why you tore up some Californian land of environmental interest in the name of luxury properties? That material lifestyle and the lack of anything creative or spiritual is precisely the reason we get meat and potatoes musical nonsense from them these days. Meanwhile, I'm sure Bono and co will continue to private jet everywhere for the most meagre of trips.

The credited Blondie. I can’t imagine anyone having a problem with this.

Have you never listened to a Beyoncé album?

I really didn't know. Hadn't looked at the writing credits.

I'd prefer they rip off/interpolate Hanging on the Telephone or Dreaming but Call Me is a good one.

Haven't heard it yet, will take a listen on the way to work via Spotify in the morning.

I am actually very encouraged by the comments here about the production enhancing it(which is what I hoped for) and also some of the posters who are a bit more jaded about "newer u2" songs either liking it or not hating it.

I'm excited to give it a listen.....

I’ve still only listened once, but I think my favorite thing is that it doesn’t sound like “Bono and the U2s” which SOI/E kind of do.

Back
Top Bottom