New Album Discussion 1 - Songs of..... - Unreasonable guitar album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From the LVRJ - the anthem “Pride (In the Name of Love)” has been shelved for the series.

All I can say is - Yaaaaaaayyy!

Just over 24 hours until the video drops. Possibly just over 10 hours until the song hits iTunes in Australia and 7 hours for NZ

Just over 24 hours until the video drops. Possibly just over 10 hours until the song hits iTunes in Australia and 7 hours for NZ

I can't wait to hear the song we already all heard!

(I'm such a shit)

Can't wait to hear it. Especially that Adam Clayton short bass solo. That's something we can't say we've heard him do in the past...

Just heard the radio debut.

The production definitely helped this.

The drums especially are very loud and in your face. It's the most 'raw' single they've had in ages, each intrsument sounds quite bright and clear, and loud in the mix. Nothing sounds subdued or subtle (which is good for a track like this).

I held off on listening to what was out there and happened to catch it just now. This song rules. A lot of people have been griping about the Blondie nod, but to me the key change is the goofiest part of the song. The drums sound great. Edge and Bono’s vocal interplay is very cool.

It very weirdly reminds me of the Neil Young/Pearl Jam collaboration Mirrorball. I think I Am The Ocean, in particular.

First impressions are that it was raw, there was space, the echoey vibe in the production works for it. It’s not the best song they’ve written. It’s fun, will translate well live. A solid ‘B’ all things considered.

Production sounds great,Bono not front and centre like recently. Drums sound great.
Yeah l just listened. This observation as well as The Edge actually playing guitar gives me some hope for the future. Song isn't as bad as I thought it would be but I also was clear that I was willing to wait for the actual recording. Not a huge fan of it but the Blondie rip off didn't come off nearly as embarrassing as I feared. It's a decent song.

Last edited:
Yeah l just listened. This observation as well as The Edge actually playing guitar gives me some hope for the future. Song isn't as bad as I thought it would be but I also was clear that I was willing to wait for the actual recording. Not a huge fan of it but the Blondie rip off didn't come off nearly as embarrassing as I feared. It's a decent song.

As off putting as the “I’m free” bit was in the shoot videos, it is somehow far more palatable here. Production is really good.

Also - just want to say - this has the same breeziness to it that 40 foot man has - a sense that it wasn’t “constructed” rather it “grew”. It’s fun and shallow. But it IS fun.

As off putting as the “I’m free” bit was in the shoot videos, it is somehow far more palatable here. Production is really good.

Also - just want to say - this has the same breeziness to it that 40 foot man has - a sense that it wasn’t “constructed” rather it “grew”. It’s fun and shallow. But it IS fun.
Yeah for sure. I think public perception will still be a bit negative and I think everyone would be prepared for some backlash (if the public even cares) but yeah it's not as bad as I anticipated.

Verses still seem a bit over stuffed, but I’m glad they kept the blah blah blah. It’s not embarrassing tripe like their last one-off track.

Back
Top Bottom