NBA 2023-24 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I’m going to fucking strangle every pelican I see from now until the end of my days.
good luck trying to fucking strangle this dude without getting your eyes pecked out lol.

397px-Pelecanus_conspicillatus_-Australia_-8.jpg

take it from someone who lives directly on a canada goose migration route: do not fuck with long-necked birds.

edit: bro your country lost a war against emus you should know this already. :wink:

Refs have entered playoff mode and are letting teams play defense again.
7 unders out of first 8 games. (Knicks, a team coached by defensive guru Thibs played the only over game).

Reggie Miller can now RIP.

Headache, where does that rank in Knicks wins during your lifetime?

Reggie Miller can now RIP.

Headache, where does that rank in Knicks wins during your lifetime?
I mean... it's still the first round, and the series isn't over yet.

But that was crazy.

Ewing tip dunk, Knicks finally go to the finals is #1.

Think Allan Houston beating Miami is #2.

LJ four point play.

It might come in next. I'd have to think about it.

I only became a Knicks fan in the late 2000s when I moved to New York, so I don't have much to choose from. Definitely my #1.

I still can't get over the fact that they did not foul Philly in that last possession. Embiid got a pretty clean look from 3.

Holy crap, the ending of that Lakers/Nugs was even better than Knicks/Sixers.
What a night of playoff games!

Last edited:
I have no idea what Maxey was doing with that inbounds pass. Instead of catching it he decided flipping it up in the air was a good idea?
That Philly team is never winning a title as constructed (sorry Peef). They thought Buddy Hield and the corpse of Kyle Lowry were the answers?
Ever since the colossal mistake of choosing Ben Simmons and Tobias Harris over Jimmy Butler, they have made roster blunder after roster blunder. Embiid is about to enter the past his prime years and that body is deteriorating fast.

Nurse's entire defensive approach is to have his wings physically punish Brunson, and it's largely working. So don't complain about this shit afterwards.

Also, if you want to call a timeout, call a timeout - don't pretend to do so and wait until the ball is loose to do so. His effort to call a time out is comparable to Embiid's effort to box out. Own up to your mistake - the timeout should have been called on the inbounds. Between Nurse and super-high-IQ Lowry who had the ball, you'd think one of them would have thought of that.

Also, Embiid had zero rebounds in the second half. Focus on that instead? "Oh he can't jump", but he still has the energy to "shove" his teammate to the ground and hurt him in the process (though I think this is also Lowry hurting himself after a flop):

Weak sauce.

At this point Philly should start over and trade Embiid to a team that has a legitimate chance to win.

Embiid is the eastern conference Anthony Davis.

Unreal talent but empty calories and soft as hell.

In two games he has a grand total of... checks notes... ZERO DEFENSIVE REBOUNDS IN THE FOURTH QUARTER.

He got punked on the scramble late by Patrick Ewing Charles Oakley Anthony Mason Isaiah Hartenstein.

And all he wants to do is complain about the refs after the game.

How about you step up when the game is on the line? How about that.

Nurse's entire defensive approach is to have his wings physically punish Brunson, and it's largely working. So don't complain about this shit afterwards.

Also, if you want to call a timeout, call a timeout - don't pretend to do so and wait until the ball is loose to do so. His effort to call a time out is comparable to Embiid's effort to box out. Own up to your mistake - the timeout should have been called on the inbounds. Between Nurse and super-high-IQ Lowry who had the ball, you'd think one of them would have thought of that.

Also, Embiid had zero rebounds in the second half. Focus on that instead? "Oh he can't jump", but he still has the energy to "shove" his teammate to the ground and hurt him in the process (though I think this is also Lowry hurting himself after a flop):

Weak sauce.

#bingbong

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom