National Hockey League 2013-14 season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It seems odd to me as well but I figure at this point we might as well let Shanny have free rein and see how it works out, the alternative certainly hasn't at all up to this point :shrug:

Born in Wales.

Moved to the Czech Republic at 13.

Moved to the US and joined the USHL at 18.

Passed over twice, drafted as an overage player in the 3rd round.

You can't make that up.

Capitals sign third-round pick Nathan Walker to three-year deal - The Washington Post

“First time I went to the U.S. they asked me if I had a pet kangaroo,” Walker said. “I say, ‘Yeah, everyone has a pet kangaroo in Australia.’ There’s nothing to do but embrace it.”

Well this the week where will see what Bergevin is made of. Over paying P.K. for the next 7-8 years or go to arbitration on Friday but watching him with a Leafs jersey in 2016.

Subban is going to have a cap hit between $9 and $10 million and with with the cap on an upward trajectory, that's not overpaying.

Consider that the Habs will likely be buying a few of his free agency years, so that comes at a premium, and every Montreal contract is always a little more when the high Quebec taxes are taken into consideration.

So whatever they do it's not overpaying because they cannot afford to let a talent like that walk in 2 years.

Don't think he's going to go 9-10. I would guess somewhere along the lines of 7.5 for a cap hit, with a steadily increasing $$ into his UFA years like you said.

But people need to realize that contracts like this aren't overpayments anymore. The cap isn't what it used to be, and is projected to keep going up and up.

Look at Brian Campbell's contract. Horrendous when Florida picked it up, but in its current value? That's the cost of a #1 defender. The actual contract wasn't a bad contract. It accounted for all of this mayhem with the cap, and he's really been worth it. Chicago just ended up in cap hell, because Dale Tallon doesn't understand what limits are.

Subban is going to have a cap hit between $9 and $10 million and with with the cap on an upward trajectory, that's not overpaying.

Consider that the Habs will likely be buying a few of his free agency years, so that comes at a premium, and every Montreal contract is always a little more when the high Quebec taxes are taken into consideration.

So whatever they do it's not overpaying because they cannot afford to let a talent like that walk in 2 years.

There's no way in hell that P.K. is worth more than Drew Doughty.I'm pretty sure Bergevin has drawn his line in the sand right there.The comparison is Letang.So i expect that if there's a deal before Friday it will be a 7.5-8 millions/year cap hit.

I love P.K. He's a beast and rarely enjured so far in his career,But he isn't at the level of Doughty yet.At least in the defensive zone,and Don Meehan knows that........and Marc Bergevin as well.

You can bet on that.

If there's no deal by Friday morning before the arbitration hearing,me think Dion Phaneuf contract will be a reason for it.Because even though P.K. isn't better than Doughty,Keith or Weber,he is better than Phaneuf,who's cap hit is at 7M/year.

P.K. compare himself to Phaneuf,while Bergevin compare him againts Doughty,Keith or Weber.Maybe tha's why both side aren't speaking the same language

Vous avez des opinions vraiment etrange.

If having the opinion that P.K. isn't as great as Doughty or Keith today in 2014 is a strange one(regardless whenever their contracts were sign) then we aren't watchig the same players.

The truth is that when there's less than 2 minutes in the game while the habs have a one goal lead,#76 is on the bench.While the other two,in the same circumstance, are on the ice.

What does that tell you?

You saying that Subban is comparable to Phaneuf is very strange.

Also, not sure which playoffs you were watching, but Subban was used in all situations, including protecting a lead late in the game.

Hockey news is reporting this morning that P.K. wants 8.5m/year.Montreal offers him 5.2M/year

Looks like Bergevin share the same opinion of P.K as me.

You are an idiot, Midnight Moon.

Are you not aware how arbitration negotiations work? Look at Lars Eller, for example. Montreal offered $1.75 million, while Eller asked for $3.1 million.

And guess what? They settled on a 4 year deal with an average annual value of $3.5 million, MORE than what Eller was asking for.

You are an idiot, Midnight Moon.

Are you not aware how arbitration negotiations work? Look at Lars Eller, for example. Montreal offered $1.75 million, while Eller asked for $3.1 million.

And guess what? They settled on a 4 year deal with an average annual value of $3.5 million, MORE than what Eller was asking for.

For fuck sake,you are comparing apples to oranges.

Eller wasn't comparing himself to the best center (Sidney Crosby) in the league.P.K. ,on the other hand,compare himself to the best d-man( Doughty).Thats why closing the gap will be impossible.

I'm talking about the tactics used in negotiations. That figure is not reflective of Marc Bergevin's opinion of Subban, but is merely how it's done.

They will agree on a long term deal with an AAV of $8.5 million.

In 2011, Nashville and Shea Weber went to arbitration. Weber asked for $8.5 million, while the Predators countered with $4.75 million. I guess David Poile had a low opinion of his franchise defenseman, too. Now it all makes sense!

The arbitrator ended up awarding a one-year $7.5 million contract.

For fuck sake,you are comparing apples to oranges.

Eller wasn't comparing himself to the best center (Sidney Crosby) in the league.P.K. ,on the other hand,compare himself to the best d-man( Doughty).Thats why closing the gap will be impossible.

Yet, somehow PK won a Norris.

Do you think guys like Weber and Doughty were as good as they are now when they signed their contracts?

Back
Top Bottom