My Favorite Cassettes (I Was Allowed to Listen to), Age 7-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
no idea if yous have seen this cause I don't frequent here much, but I found it a musing and thought I'd pass it a long.

It's from a column at pitchforkmedia.com by Danny Seim, of Menomena fame. Though they aren't famous, they're a really cool band. They wrote software that writes music based on input they give it and then they learn how to play it. cool idea. they also have the best official band website ever.. www.menomena.com

anyway here's the u2 related part:
5. The Joshua Tree, U2
I bought this album at a shopping mall store called Showers of Blessings when I was nine years old. If the store name doesn't make it's target demographic obvious enough, I'll spell it our for you. It was a Christian bookstore. And there was the U2 cassette, safely lodged in between the latest hit releases from "Three Sixteen" (as in "John 3:16", I'm assuming) and "Viktory!" (the cover featured a spandex clad gentleman wielding a crucifix-shaped guitar). With surroundings like these, I didn't have to rationalize anything about making the purchase to my parents. Little did they know that U2 would go on to cover "Sympathy for the Devil" (written by known Satanists), dress in drag (like perverts), and then eventually record a song with the lyrics "Jesus" and "Fucked" less than 10 words apart (like profane blasphemers). This dramatic Fall from Grace is yet another example of the danger in interacting with known sexual predators like Brian Eno.

full article at http://pitchforkmedia.com/features/artistlists/m/menomena-05/

Last edited:
nobody reads this

SkeeK said:
. This dramatic Fall from Grace is yet another example of the danger in interacting with known sexual predators like Brian Eno.

:lmao:

funniest post ever

Back
Top Bottom