More Things I Hate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope to be a part of them one day :sad:

sport that is.

i can see where you're coming from though

I'd like to think there is, but really, does honesty exist in journalism anywhere? Even broadsheets are full of rubbish. I'm not trying to attack you personally, but how does the journalist end up a machine who spits out bullshit, day after day? I'm sure you study ethics and accuracy and all that extensively. You're taught the details that many of us never once stop to consider. You'd be familiar with the 8 news values? You're aware of the influence and power the media has? So how does this influence and power get so off track? Does anyone in the industry stop and consider that a good, hard detailed look at the truth is what people might actually want?

I hope you don't take my view personally :hug: It won't be personal until you write about a Sydney loss and gloat that we, well, suck. Which we do.. a lot. :lol:

That I left my journalism assignment way to late. It really pisses me off. I wanted to impress the tutor and whatnot, but now, I'm still finishing it and I'll be handing it in Monday, was due Friday. :sigh:

I'd like to think there is, but really, does honesty exist in journalism anywhere? Even broadsheets are full of rubbish. I'm not trying to attack you personally, but how does the journalist end up a machine who spits out bullshit, day after day? I'm sure you study ethics and accuracy and all that extensively. You're taught the details that many of us never once stop to consider. You'd be familiar with the 8 news values? You're aware of the influence and power the media has? So how does this influence and power get so off track? Does anyone in the industry stop and consider that a good, hard detailed look at the truth is what people might actually want?

I hope you don't take my view personally :hug: It won't be personal until you write about a Sydney loss and gloat that we, well, suck. Which we do.. a lot. :lol:
Nah no offence taken at all. I really can see where you're coming from, and there are a LOT of people who feel the exact same way. We have been learning about ethics and all the rest of it, and for someone who never wanted to be a lawyer because I couldn't deal with the dishonesty of defending a guilty bastard, it's probably a bit hypocritical that I want to get into journalism. There's also a lot of writers out there though who are following the law and trying to uncover stories in an honest way. But then there are other situations, like when someone gets wrongly defamed, that is bad. Media watch on ABC does a good job of pointing it out.

Well... you did get within two goals of us yesterday, so there's that.

I saw Roosy yesterday, I was so excited. He's so cool. I also saw Barry Hall, who looks even bigger and more like a crim in real life than not :lol: Also saw Pike, some Canadian rugby player you drafted, who has shoulders which spanned about 10 metres i reckon.

The fact that I stayed up ALL NIGHT rewriting my politics coursework because I hadn't written enough (after spending months on it)... I rushed home this morning, spent all afternoon doing it, then ran back into college to hand it in before the 5pm deadline. Then my teacher told me I was a hundred words over the word limit, it was too late to cut it back, and the examiners will immediately deduct 50% of the marks because of it :grumpy: WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER NOT TO AMEND IT AT ALL!

I hate that someone is having a thinly veiled dig at me on facebook. I haven't spoken to this girl for months!!

And people who use facebook/the internet to make digs at people really are the most pathetic of people :down:

The fact that I stayed up ALL NIGHT rewriting my politics coursework because I hadn't written enough (after spending months on it)... I rushed home this morning, spent all afternoon doing it, then ran back into college to hand it in before the 5pm deadline. Then my teacher told me I was a hundred words over the word limit, it was too late to cut it back, and the examiners will immediately deduct 50% of the marks because of it :grumpy: WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER NOT TO AMEND IT AT ALL!

god, how frustrating!!
:hug:

god yes, and if you call them on it they claim "omg can't you tell i'm just joking?"

i don't see anyone do anything interesting on facebook (apart from all my dear friends on here... :shifty: lol). i have this girl on mine who is one of the chronic (and i mean compulsively chronic) boring details types. 'gee, i'm sooooooooooooooo hungry!!!!!!!!!!!!' seriously, written like that. i think i'd rather have gossip and bitching!
:lol:

i don't see anyone do anything interesting on facebook (apart from all my dear friends on here... :shifty: lol). i have this girl on mine who is one of the chronic (and i mean compulsively chronic) boring details types. 'gee, i'm sooooooooooooooo hungry!!!!!!!!!!!!' seriously, written like that. i think i'd rather have gossip and bitching!
true, i just wish those that partook in the gossip and bitching had the balls to admit that's what you're doing. when someone calls you out on it, don't hide behind the lame excuse "omg it's a joke!" i'd buy it once, but not repeatedly.

i wasn't necessarily referring to facebook, although some of them are on there as well :wink:

I'm going under with assignments and stuff at the moment as well, so I can really understand where you're coming from... though nothing so bad as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom