More new U2 album discussion!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The worse this thread gets, the better U2 have become at keeping secrets. This can only be a good thing, right?

:hmm:

underarmour.jpg

just do it and space moon it, people

It's funny, because I could actually see this happening. As secretive as U2 is being, I actually think there's a really good chance of them dropping a single on us unexpectedly. They seem to be doing everything different compared to 2008/2009, so why not in regards to the single release as well.

Regarding the guy who posted that on Twitter? Who knows who he is or how he would have such info?

Regarding the guy who posted that on Twitter? Who knows who he is or how he would have such info?

He just made a prediciton.. there's no reason to assume he knows anything..

though a quick google search tells you that he is indirectly involved with the Grammys..

it is a good prediction though.. I'm sure they're aiming to have the first single meet the grammy cutoff.. but in the past that's not been until the end of September

Isnt that the same day lady gagas new single comes out?

Couldnt see them releasing something new on that day if gaga is. Would u2 like to share the spotlight?doubt it.

Wait! Dude now says he's in the know.

@LanceASchart: @U2Achtung_ Seems I have. Not putting money on release date, but suspect launch of (planned?) mobile app might be last stumbling block #U2

The name sounds familiar, I think this bloke is an inactive Interference member.

This Schart is pretty interesting.. he's a music biz insider. Not claiming to have inside info, but making educated estimates based on observing industry closely over last few months. Points to the fact that there are very few major label releases scheduled for the week of the 19th... speculates that u2 are keeping mum now in order to make a big surprise splash with single/app,and claims the ceo of u2's label recently travelled across continents to see them in France, likely to hear album

Check out @LanceASchart's Tweet: https://twitter.com/LanceASchart/status/359733456529399808

8/19 is barely a week after I leave New York. If there's an event here on that date for the U2 single, I will be somewhat sad.

This Schart is pretty interesting.. he's a music biz insider. Not claiming to have inside info, but making educated estimates based on observing industry closely over last few months. Points to the fact that there are very few major label releases scheduled for the week of the 19th... speculates that u2 are keeping mum now in order to make a big surprise splash with single/app,and claims the ceo of u2's label recently travelled across continents to see them in France, likely to hear album

Check out @LanceASchart's Tweet: https://twitter.com/LanceASchart/status/359733456529399808

Yeah it definitely seems like he's not a fraud at least. My assumption is that there's validity around the info, but not much validity in regards to the actual date he provided.

Jay-Z announced at NBA finals, right? August 19th - Monday night NFL preseason game, Pittsburgh at Washington. Hmmm.

I was reading through some of the NLOTH discussion from a week ago in this thread...I always felt like some of the bigger numbers on that album were thinly veiled attempts at recapturing recent successes....

Get On Your Boots - With its driving, dancy beat and attention grabbing lyrics that can be construed as nonsense, it's basically "Vertigo"-lite

Moment of Surrender - Obvious "One" comparisons have been made, but I always felt it cribbed more from the feeling of loss and hysterical vocal readings that highlighted the superior "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own"...I prefer the earlier track since its melody was a lot catchier and the lyrics more direct/personal.

Crazy Tonight - Clearly just them aping the All That You Can't Leave Behind-era and it would have fit on there marvelously. The song seems to be loathed around here since people could give a fuck about that album, but I still think it's their best after Joshua Tree. Other reviewers that liked ATYCLB also really dug this track, some of them putting it in their year-end lists. Anyway, very reminiscent of the single mix of "Walk On" to these ears...

For what it's worth, the other obvious single, "Magnificent" was kind of its own thing. A dark psycho-cowboy kind of groove, but it relied a little too much on production to become an actual hit (as evidenced by the needless intro as others have mentioned).

The album as a whole had less outright dreck than the previous affair and at least had a few moments where they got out of their comfort zone (particularly the sublime "Fez" and the under appreciated "Breathe" with its not-so-traditional song structure). But if they were actually trying to test their limits, they clearly only dabbled their toes in the ocean before running back for the sand. Hopefully, Danger Mouse made them jump in.

For what it's worth, the other obvious single, "Magnificent" was kind of its own thing. A dark psycho-cowboy kind of groove, but it relied a little too much on production to become an actual hit (as evidenced by the needless intro as others have mentioned).

Well, they did shorten the intro in the radio edit, so I don't know if that was so much of an issue. Didn't matter much in the end though.

The page doesn't load.

Interesting rumour from U2place. Here's the Google translation from the original Italian:

"Rumors - Exclusive U2place: Tours arenas and ever-changing set-list!

In the last few weeks have chased many rumors about the output of U2's new album but nothing has transpired in view of the new tour of the Irish band.

One of our source inside the band's management informs us that the organizational phase of the new tour is already at full capacity with important news than the 360 Tour. It seems that the band has plans to tour arenas purely as mentioned several times by members of the band in recent years, as confirmed by Bono to some fans in Sao Paulo. But the most important new features seem to be very different, the Irish band seems to have no intention of touching fewer cities but to do more concerts in the same location, for example every city three concerts instead of touching different cities and make a single concert.

Another new feature worthy of note seems to be the band's intention to propose a different show for each concert with different set-list to provide a show completely different from that of the last tour, crystallized in the last chances to show real default even before they go on stage.

With regard to the timing of everything is linked in the new work output of U2 that will be released in the coming months and that surely will see one show a little more focused and less futuristic in recent years, focusing on the quality of the whole show rather than on size.

We are waiting for confirmation about this news certainly will come in the coming weeks."

http://www.u2place.com/newsdett.asp...e-tour-nelle-arene-e-set-list-sempre-diverse/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom