More new U2 album discussion!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^^^^^^^

Good info. I think the fun part about this is that we're most likely about 2 months from an album announcement and we don't even have a hint of what the new album would be called!

I'm thinking:

Arenas Spring 2014 US
Stadiums Summer 2014 Europe
Stadium Fall 2014 US
Rest of the world Stadiums

This way they get the new music out there & comfortable playing it before taking on stadiums :wave:
This is exactly what I was thinking. Kinda similar to the Vertigo Tour.

yeah, I always thought the "I give you back my voice" line made it clear that it's being sung to God, since fans wouldn't have given him his voice to begin with.

This this this

Only ever seen U2 in stadiums, they need to do arenas. cannot see it though,there's too much demand!

Just came across this article based on an interview yesterday with Bono in Nice:

http://u2fanlife.com/2013/07/16/bon...sco-de-u2-esta-casi-terminado?fb_source=pubv1

For those who don't know Spanish, Bono says that they look forward to playing in the city's new stadium next year, and that the new album is very close to being complete.

If this is true stadiums it is then!

By the way, this may also be nothing, but it looks like Principle Management (the u2.com domain registrant) hasn't bought any domains containing the word "u2" recently: Reverse Whois Lookup | Domain Ownership Search | DomainTools

The same registrant hasn't bought any new domains for a while, as a matter of fact: Reverse Whois Lookup | Domain Ownership Search | DomainTools (you can see some domains like u2allthatyoucantleavebehind.com or howtodismantleanatomicbomb.com listed there.)

Universal Music Operations Limited, which was the registrant for the nolineonthehorizon.com domain owns 871 .com's, so unless you pay for the report (as another user mentioned a few pages ago), you can't see them all: Reverse Whois Lookup | Domain Ownership Search | DomainTools

They do own a few domains containing the word "u2", but none of them has been registered recently: Reverse Whois Lookup | Domain Ownership Search | DomainTools (there's one domain whose date is not listed, "u _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ n.com", which isn't u2nolineonthehorizon.com; but again, it could be nothing.)

And finally, it seems U2 no longer register their domains with James Cooke from Digital:CC (that company in which Adam's brother works): Reverse Whois Lookup | Domain Ownership Search | DomainTools - all of their U2-related domains are now owned by Principle Management c/o.

I believe Universal has already registered the domain, but since they have so many of them, there's no way of knowing which unless you pay for that report.

Also, no results for "manhattan", "skyline", "reasons", "exist", "ascent" or "2030". Not that the album will be named anything related to them anyway.

I know this is worthless but I guess it's better than discussing NLOTH all over again. :sexywink:

Thanks for your work Flying Colors. Perhaps the website registrations are now handled by Live Nation since they run the U2 website?

Looking back at timelines for HTDAAB, the last album released in November, it looks like around mid to late August, news started coming in regarding the date the single would be released to radio. Track names started leaking in early to mid September.

So if the album is really coming out in November, I think we can expect another month to a month and a half of very slow news, but then it should start to pick up.

Looking back at timelines for HTDAAB, the last album released in November, it looks like around mid to late August, news started coming in regarding the date the single would be released to radio. Track names started leaking in early to mid September.

So if the album is really coming out in November, I think we can expect another month to a month and a half of very slow news, but then it should start to pick up.

this day nine years ago is when we found out that U2's new CD was "stolen" during a photo shoot.

French Search for U2's Missing CD

doubt if they'll go that route again, but, things will probably start to slowly churn over the next 3-4 weeks, but I agree, nothing major will happen until early-to-mid August.

I'm thinking:

Arenas Spring 2014 US
Stadiums Summer 2014 Europe
Stadium Fall 2014 US
Rest of the world Stadiums

This way they get the new music out there & comfortable playing it before taking on stadiums :wave:

I expect either this or for both of the North America legs to be arenas.

I have a slight bias for stadiums, all other things equal. But it would be really cool to have an Austin or San Antonio show, which is really only possible with arenas.

By the way, this may also be nothing, but it looks like Principle Management (the u2.com domain registrant) hasn't bought any domains containing the word "u2" recently: Reverse Whois Lookup | Domain Ownership Search | DomainTools

The same registrant hasn't bought any new domains for a while, as a matter of fact: Reverse Whois Lookup | Domain Ownership Search | DomainTools (you can see some domains like u2allthatyoucantleavebehind.com or howtodismantleanatomicbomb.com listed there.)

Universal Music Operations Limited, which was the registrant for the nolineonthehorizon.com domain owns 871 .com's, so unless you pay for the report (as another user mentioned a few pages ago), you can't see them all: Reverse Whois Lookup | Domain Ownership Search | DomainTools

They do own a few domains containing the word "u2", but none of them has been registered recently: Reverse Whois Lookup | Domain Ownership Search | DomainTools (there's one domain whose date is not listed, "u _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ n.com", which isn't u2nolineonthehorizon.com; but again, it could be nothing.)

And finally, it seems U2 no longer register their domains with James Cooke from Digital:CC (that company in which Adam's brother works): Reverse Whois Lookup | Domain Ownership Search | DomainTools - all of their U2-related domains are now owned by Principle Management c/o.

I believe Universal has already registered the domain, but since they have so many of them, there's no way of knowing which unless you pay for that report.

Also, no results for "manhattan", "skyline", "reasons", "exist", "ascent" or "2030". Not that the album will be named anything related to them anyway.

I know this is worthless but I guess it's better than discussing NLOTH all over again. :sexywink:

but did you looked for SOLAR? :shifty:

I've got the exact same guitar as the one in your avatar. :up:

really? Telecasters rock!

It's a 95 from Japan :D

The last 3 years... Well... like the same fanatism I've had for U2 this past 16-17 years ( :ohmy: ) , I now feel the same for BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN.

In fact, I'm going to Rock In Rio to see him.
And supposedly he'll announce dates HERE in Chile, and 2 in Argentina, besides RIR, and I plan to go to them all

And because of him, I got the Telecaster

Ok, let's return to the main topic here

NLOTH rules, and whoever likes/loves Cedars Of Lebannon should disappear. Worst song EVER, and I'm counting Red Light. :angry:

Maybe it's self-titled?

That would be odd and cool at the same time.

Wouldn't it though. What a statement to make that you are confident about your work - and possibly that this is it, the definitive last record - than simply 'U2'.

Please no.

Eponymous album titles betray a total lack of imagination. I can't stand when artists do that.

At least rip off The Beatles and call it Windmill Lane or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom