MMA Thread part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These lyrics are so fucking terrible and on the nose, oh my God. this is the worst song ever.

Have they ever done this before with the musicians and shit? :lol:.

I could be wrong since I've only been following it for a little while myself, but I don't think they ever got past almost setting Tito Ortiz on fire with pyrotechnics before.

I've been wanting Mendes to murder McGregor since I had to stop hoping Aldo would, but the song makes me reconsider.

Cause the biggest things in life are your friends and family
And I like my jeans and my old t-shirts
And a couple extra pounds never really hurt
Cause a country boy is all I'll ever be

I got a big orange tractor and a diesel truck
And my idea of heaven is chasing whitetail bucks
And as a country boy you know I can survive

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel
One is the colors that fly high and proud
The red, the white, the blue
The other ones got a rattlesnake with a simple statement made
"Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
Because, this is me
I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs

And I've said it before but I'll say it again
Cause I've never needed government to hold my hand
And I've said it before but I'll say it again
Cause my family has always fought and died to save this land
And a country boy is all I'll ever be

I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family
I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it
Has to come through me, that should be all our attitudes
'cause this is America and a country boy is good enough for me son

Ugh. Well that was going how I wanted it to for a little while...

Do you think Herb should've let it go to the end of the round?

They took away the clock at what, 10 seconds? Wouldn't have hated it if they had let it go to the next round, but when Mendes dropped I had a pretty bad feeling that they'd stop it. I'm more irritated about the whole pretend belt thing than that stoppage.

They took away the clock at what, 10 seconds? Wouldn't have hated it if they had let it go to the next round, but when Mendes dropped I had a pretty bad feeling that they'd stop it.

Herb is usually a great ref, so I trust his judgement like 90% of the time, but watching the replay, it should've gone to the next round, IMO.

But he did fall, and his hands went up to protect his head and he wasn't doing anything else, so, if there were, say, 15, 20 seconds left on the clock, I'd 100% support him calling it.

Hee hee, Conor called him Jose and not Johse.

Not that Conor didn't knock him down, but that quick call felt off to me. UFC got the fight they needed.

I guess it's more that I'm not surprised and accepted that any chance they got to stop it for McGregor, they would. I want to see full camp Mendes fight him.

Fuck shipping up to Boston. Fuck that song backwards with no lube. Makes no fucking sense.

I don't really have issue with the stop, didn't notice the clock. Good fight, Mendez not having time to train probably was more in his disadvantage than Connor's. It was a solid fight, look forward to see what happens in the future.

Aldo backing out is a joke. Edgar and Mendez are both bigger men than that Brazillian snoozer.

Aldo backing out made me so upset. I was looking forward to that fight from the moment I started watching UFC. It was the first thing I was really excited for as a fan, and when he backed out I almost cried a little. The hype for this fight got me back into it, but seriously, I did not want to see Mendes get beat by Aldo for a 3rd time. I wish Conor had fought Frankie so badly. Whoever won would've been fine with me.

Aldo will probably kick his ass now that he's really seen what he can do against a proven fighter. Whatever.

Here you go, IWB:

thumb.aspx

Maybe if we lure him with one of those shirts, JT will come back to us :(

I'm going to move on to "I hope Frankie Edgar murders McGregor," and re watch the awesomeness that was Lawler & McDonald and the face breaking.

There's a GSP shirt? I'll buy that tomorrow. Can I get a Cerreone one now, or do I need to wait for him to fight next?

Man, they ain't even got Werdum, cause they were apparently so confident that Cain was gonna win.

I assume they'll get more in time.

(Maybe then I'll get an Arlovski one after he beats Werdum :wink: )

That was such a good card. I'm pretty high on the UFC right now, I'll probably buy a few jerseys tomorrow.

I honestly might buy one. I'm not sure. I don't love the random off color sleeve, but they look cool, otherwise, to me. Kinda a weird 90s look, with the shapes, but it's been 20 years. Everything comes back every 20 years.

I'm so excited for Dillashaw / Barao. So, So, SO excited.

I don't know if I can stomach the picture of Robbie's fist flush against Rory's face again.

I don't want to cut the highlights for that one, but then again, I really, really do.

That was such a good card. I'm pretty high on the UFC right now, I'll probably buy a few jerseys tomorrow.

You're going to talk me into it, aren't you. I do need some manner of a Cerrone shirt in my life.

Wouldnt they just smash, rather than open up your nasal passages? I guess it's only a little worse than the way they rip the skin off your nose when you try to peel them off in the morning though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom