MLB 2K5 Pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
not that itll ever happen , but

According to SI's Tom Verducci, Manny Ramirez wants to be traded from the Boston Red Sox. Again.
Ramirez reportedly told team officials he is unhappy in Boston, particularly with his lack of privacy off the field. This would be the third time in four years that Ramirez has requested a trade. The report also states the Red Sox have no intention of moving him. This most likely is just another of one Manny's many mood swings

TheBrush.....If I were Omar, this is what I'd do....

I think Soriano is the move.....definite Offensive upgrade over Cairo/Woodward/Matsui....He thrived in da Bronx, I think he can thrive in Queens. We can give Texas Zambrano, Cairo, and Cameron. Cameron will be replaced in RF with Victor Diaz.

1B is an issue.......Helton's contract is HUGE and doesn't hit outside of Denver. Lyle Overbay has been mentioned, but his team says he won't be dealt until after season. Sean Casey doesn't have the pop we need. nice BA, but we need more power at that position. Newest rumor is Daryle Ward....I'm not sold on him....career .259 hitter and never got more than 20 dingers (2000).

I say keep Heilman. He's been really dependable (for the most part) in relief....no team seems to have dependable middle relief and we do....so keep him

And if someone wants Zambrano or Glavine, take them...especially Zambrano while his stock is high.

Unfortunately, i don't think this is our year. but once Piazza is gone after this season, we will clear lots of cap room and we can hopefully find a power hitting 1B.

manny is bi-polar:coocoo:

He won't get any privacy in any major market he goes to & no minor market team can afford $20 million per year.

Numb1075 said:
TheBrush.....If I were Omar, this is what I'd do....

I think Soriano is the move.....definite Offensive upgrade over Cairo/Woodward/Matsui....He thrived in da Bronx, I think he can thrive in Queens. We can give Texas Zambrano, Cairo, and Cameron. Cameron will be replaced in RF with Victor Diaz.

1B is an issue.......Helton's contract is HUGE and doesn't hit outside of Denver. Lyle Overbay has been mentioned, but his team says he won't be dealt until after season. Sean Casey doesn't have the pop we need. nice BA, but we need more power at that position. Newest rumor is Daryle Ward....I'm not sold on him....career .259 hitter and never got more than 20 dingers (2000).

I say keep Heilman. He's been really dependable (for the most part) in relief....no team seems to have dependable middle relief and we do....so keep him

And if someone wants Zambrano or Glavine, take them...especially Zambrano while his stock is high.

Unfortunately, i don't think this is our year. but once Piazza is gone after this season, we will clear lots of cap room and we can hopefully find a power hitting 1B.

i see your points but that is too much to give to get Soriano. If you give them that then i think you exchange prospects. I think Gonzalez would be good. Since Omar Only likes dominican babies anyways. :wink:

No Daryl Ward. Mike Sweeney before him. I have heard some talk of thome too. Man hes having an awful year but has huge upside. I mean this guy is still capable of 50. hes only 34. that is not old for a guy who Dh's and plays first. BIG BIG contract though.

I heard some crazy shit about benson and Cameron and Piazza for Giambi
And Posada. I would actually think about this.....but this is just some stupid new york newspaper back page shit. That would be a blockbuster though.

that would be a blockbuster trade for sure. Not happening though.

From the Mets perspective, you think giving up Cairo/Woodward/Matsui is too much?

I don't think it's enough for Texas

Cairo/Woodward are what they are - role players....and Matsui SUX. he might become an all star somewhere else, but not here.

randhail said:

Yeah they really can't bear it, it's not like they came back from down 0-3 last year, oh wait, that's right they did. :ohmy:

That was like the Halley comet... it happens once every 80 or so years...

I sense the Yankees overtaking the Red Sox this week.

U2@NYC said:

That was like the Halley comet... it happens once every 80 or so years...

just tell yourself that if it helps you fall asleep at night, say what you want but the Sox weren't the victims in the greatest comeback in the history of sports.

Lets hope Clement is ok after than shot he took tonight.

Numb1075 said:
that would be a blockbuster trade for sure. Not happening though.

From the Mets perspective, you think giving up Cairo/Woodward/Matsui is too much?

I don't think it's enough for Texas

Cairo/Woodward are what they are - role players....and Matsui SUX. he might become an all star somewhere else, but not here.

I mean two quality players. Cameron is nearly all-star calliber and arguably your best bench player is cairo so yea, thats alot to give for one player. They have to throw us a bone. I dont need a bone with a hunk of meat on it. But a bone none the less.

By the way I just need to get this off my chest.

CARLOS BELTRAN SUCKS A BIG ONE.

I dont know if the fact that the mets are losing their ass means a trade is more likely or less likely.

THEY SUCK. I love 'em. BUT THEY SUCK.

6 Runs in 2 games at coors....poop cacca fuck.

SWING THE BAT CAMERON. struck out four times, 3 looking. They put up a nasty stat during the game. W/ the bases loaded Cameron has 126 at-bats and 51 strike outs. That is insane. You figure you are gonna get pitches to hit. I dont mind guys struggling.......but you cant lose to colorado......i mean whos on colorado.

phanan said:
Randy Johnson's back acting up...
If thats how he pitches when his back is acting up, Steinbrenner is gonna force him to sleep on Morty Seinfeld's pull out couch in Boca Del Vista before every start.

randhail said:

just tell yourself that if it helps you fall asleep at night, say what you want but the Sox weren't the victims in the greatest comeback in the history of sports.

That greatest comeback in the history of sports statement is completely U.S. centered... no one could have cared less about this comeback outside of the U.S. So, I would agree with you with the fact that it was a great comeback, but that was it...

And I see the Yankees only 1 game behind now after beating the Twins 4-0... mua ha ha. While the Sox, on the other hand, had to beat Tampa Bay in extra innings...

Nationals lost to Atlanta, so they are continuing to suck :(

U2@NYC said:
And I see the Yankees only 1 game behind now after beating the Twins 4-0... mua ha ha. While the Sox, on the other hand, had to beat Tampa Bay in extra innings...

Nationals lost to Atlanta, so they are continuing to suck :(

Whayt do you mean "had to beat tampa in extra innings?". The D-Rays are 7-3 this year agains the Wanks. They own them.

U2@NYC said:

That greatest comeback in the history of sports statement is completely U.S. centered... no one could have cared less about this comeback outside of the U.S. So, I would agree with you with the fact that it was a great comeback, but that was it...

How about the greatest CHOKE/LOSS in the history of pro baseball? 26 rings, and the worst choke/loss in the history of the game.

MrBrau1 said:

Whayt do you mean "had to beat tampa in extra innings?". The D-Rays are 7-3 this year agains the Wanks. They own them.

Still, they are last in their division...

I actually happen to also think that, this season, none of the two teams has a chance.

you lose with pedro on the hill. Your #1 starter against their what their #5. (astacio)

no trades, game over, we lose.

Soriano wont hit like he did in texas, unless its an amazing player like manny, dont do it.

TheBrush, you had to almost expect a little let down in Houston...they are HOT. they are in a nice 40-17 stretch; they are a team of destiny right now.

Losing 2 out of 3 in Colorado (w/ Helton shelved for 2 games) on the other hand, that is just disgraceful.:mad:

Numb1075 said:
Soriano at shea.......BRING HIM !:mad:

I WANT MANNY!!!!!

I dont want Soriano unless Adrian Gonzalez(MY BOY) comes with him. This kid is gonna be good.

With Manny it would be a salary dump. We would only have to give up an outfielder(floyd) and a pitcher(Zambrano)
(presummably)

MANNY AND MIKEY. Two of my favs on my team. Please..............

Back
Top Bottom