MLB 2K5 Pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This totally belongs in Zoo Confessionals but I might be in love with her. :reject: :love:

(She's on the "pro" softball team here in Chicago)

Anyway! I hope you're all preparing for the smackdown the AL is going to put on the NL tonight...:evil:

pfft

larussa is managing for homefield advantage in this years world series for his own team. theres no way the nl is going to lose this game.

Dalton said:
Note: The Cubs are going to the playoffs this year - inspite of Douche er... Dusty Baker.

Fact.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

the odds of the cubs making the playoffs is lower then the odds of an espn person making the right prediction

(coughs while saying) whitesox in 4th place...

Dalton said:

I was refering to the fact that the Sox are so good at Oragami

(you know - folding.....)

i wouldnt expect the sox to fold(unless they play the A's in the playoffs:angry:)

they have a generally consistent offense(allthough not the best) and great pitching

ozzie guillen: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Dalton said:

An on your left, ladies and gentleman, you see tribal art depicting witch doctor Ozzie Guillen bowing down to the god of crazy.....

you can say what you want about him but you cant argue with success...

Dalton said:

Ozzie would argue with success hes that F'n crazy...

hes not crazy

just speaks his mind(hey he wont lie)

and you have to like a manager who passionately wants to win

by the way are you a cubs fan?

lets not anoint Guillen as the 2nd coming of Casey Stengel yet. He hasn't coached in the playoffs and has only been around for a season and a half.

WildHoneyAlways said:

Jon Garland is 25 years old and finally pitching like a first round draft pick should. I don't qualify his success this year as pitching over his head.

Look at his career numbers - at this point he is pitching WAY over his head. That doesn't mean that he hasn't turned a corner in career. If he maintains and does it again next year, he came into his own. If he doesn't - he is Estaban Loaiza.....

Dalton said:

Look at his career numbers - at this point he is pitching WAY over his head. That doesn't mean that he hasn't turned a corner in career. If he maintains and does it again next year, he came into his own. If he doesn't - he is Estaban Loaiza.....

loiaza was a non roster invitee who was never expected to pitch well

garland has been in the sox system for years and has always had highg expectations

i think theres a difference

I'm Ready said:

loiaza was a non roster invitee who was never expected to pitch well

garland has been in the sox system for years and has always had highg expectations

i think theres a difference

A difference? In expectation only. Listen, I am not saying that Garland will fold (I personally don't think he will), but based on past performance (you always measure based on past performance with a guy who has this much experience) you have to be nervous that he can't keep this up. Like I said earlier, however, past performance predicts not dictates future performance. He could pitch like an all-star for the rest of his career.

Not every pitcher starts out as an ace. :shrug: Garland is consistant.

I know I'd rather have guys like Garland and Buehrle this year than china dolls like Wood and Prior.

And if Garland does not continue at this rate, maybe you can compare him to Mark Prior. :wink: At least he had one good year......

WildHoneyAlways said:
Not every pitcher starts out as an ace. :shrug: Garland is consistant.

I know I'd rather have guys like Garland and Buehrle this year than china dolls like Wood and Prior.

And if Garland does not continue at this rate, maybe you can compare him to Mark Prior. :wink: At least he had one good year......

Christ all mighty, someone get me a crayon so I can explain it to these southsiders. :wink:

I agree - this year it would be stupid not to take Buehrle and Garland (Buerle has been the best pitcher in Chicago the last few years), but the fact of the matter remains, you have no idea what to expect with Garland - he is in uncharted waters.

Dalton said:

Christ all mighty, someone get me a crayon so I can explain it to these southsiders. :wink:

I agree - this year it would be stupid not to take Buehrle and Garland (Buerle has been the best pitcher in Chicago the last few years), but the fact of the matter remains, you have no idea what to expect with Garland - he is in uncharted waters.

Aren't you the same guy a few posts back predicted the Cubs would make the playoffs? :coocoo: Mayhaps I should get my crayons out. :wink:

StlElevation said:
theres no way the nl is going to lose this game.

YOU ARE A JINX to the NL (and the Cards). I swear you posted the same thing about the cards last October.

You should NEVER post a predicition here again.

:hug:

Just giving you a hard time. Can't wait for the Yankees to have home field advantage AGAIN. :puke:

AND I feel like I am sitting in a bar stool at a bar in the Loop with the Cubs/Sox banter. :up:

yes homefield advantage for the whitesox(hopefuly) in playoffs

just like to not buerhle got win:wink:

inmyplace13 said:

I'm going to go ahead and predict a Teixeira yardball, too.

Ohhhhh, I predicted that last week, my friends.

Making up for that poor showing in the Derby

Back
Top Bottom