MLB 2014 Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm verrrrry curious to see if we go for anyone or not. I keep hearing about how good a fit Lester would be for the Cubs, but what on earth do we have left to leverage?

I can't see the Cubs trading for Lester, basically only a contender would offer what the Sox are asking (2-3 prospects, 1 of which has to be top level). I could however see Theo trying to land him in free agency since he has a good relationship with him.

I can't see the Cubs trading for Lester, basically only a contender would offer what the Sox are asking (2-3 prospects, 1 of which has to be top level). I could however see Theo trying to land him in free agency since he has a good relationship with him.

I think that's the only likely scenario, for the Cubs.

In all honesty, I don't see them going for a pitcher until the offseason.

Yeah, that's been the story, today, the fact that he's a show boater himself.

Players are being whiney, lately.

Man, we sucked tonight. A total failure of a game that I hope sticks with Matt Williams for a while. If a closer gives up three hits in three at bats, there's really no reason to sit around and watch them choke the game away. It's not getting any better.

Granted, he did make a change...after two runs...to put in a lefty against a batter whose strength is lefties. What a badly managed 9th.

Last edited:
I fully expect us to lose tomorrow as well. Strasburg is pitching like an old man.

The good news: Jordan Zimmermann made the Marlins' lineup look AA level. He hasn't been right since his injury but that was a brilliant performance.

Last edited:
Erm... the Marlins lineup *is* AA. Especially when Stanton is ice cold. This team generally lives by Stanton's bat. And by good SP. Speaking of which, you've got Henderson Alvarez. Prepare to doze off into ground ball land.

Sad Jack White is back.

BtwNwYqIMAAC417.jpg:large

So, basically, we loaned Darwin Barney to the Dodgers...

...think I'll go to one of the games this weekend. Tickets are SUPER cheap on Stubhub. I'm guessing they're shit, but I haven't been to a Cubs game in about three years.

Let me know which sections you are looking for. For cheap seats, I'm a big fan of the Top Deck, great vantage point, just way up high.

I'm curious as to if the Dodgers make any more moves. I don't think they will give up what the Sox want for Lester, given he isn't likely to sign in the off season.

As it is, I think things are fine for the playoffs. Kershaw, Greinke, Ryu is a damn fine top 3.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

11 left on base tonight. 0 runs.

Things are going to start getting ugly very quickly if we can't find a good, cheap bat before the deadline.

Let me know which sections you are looking for. For cheap seats, I'm a big fan of the Top Deck, great vantage point, just way up high.

I'm curious as to if the Dodgers make any more moves. I don't think they will give up what the Sox want for Lester, given he isn't likely to sign in the off season.

As it is, I think things are fine for the playoffs. Kershaw, Greinke, Ryu is a damn fine top 3.

Yeah, it'll be the top section, likely outfield. IF I go. The idea of trying to get out there Friday night, when I get off work at six and the game starts at 7 doesn't seem promising, but I'd like to see Hendricks pitch and watch the fireworks. On the other hand, Wada would be great to watch as well, and Saturday's game is a nice little afternoon deal.

The Red Sox have scratched Jon Lester from his scheduled start tomorrow.

And so a dream dies.

Yeah, it'll be the top section, likely outfield. IF I go. The idea of trying to get out there Friday night, when I get off work at six and the game starts at 7 doesn't seem promising, but I'd like to see Hendricks pitch and watch the fireworks. On the other hand, Wada would be great to watch as well, and Saturday's game is a nice little afternoon deal.

Yeah, weeknight games are tough. People make fun of Dodger fans for arriving late, but most times it's unavoidable. I'm a big fan of taking the free shuttle from Union Station, if you are close to the red line.

Yeah, weeknight games are tough. People make fun of Dodger fans for arriving late, but most times it's unavoidable. I'm a big fan of taking the free shuttle from Union Station, if you are close to the red line.

I was asking people on the SBNation Cubs page if there was a decent way to get there from the Red Line and not one person mentioned that shuttle...does it run often enough? I have absolutely no problem getting to Union Station in a decent amount of time.

The Rockies wanted that win so badly that they worked a starter but took the ultimate L. Fantastic.

I was asking people on the SBNation Cubs page if there was a decent way to get there from the Red Line and not one person mentioned that shuttle...does it run often enough? I have absolutely no problem getting to Union Station in a decent amount of time.

Yeah, it's called the Dodger Stadium express. It runs every 5 or 10 minutes from the Patsaouras Bus plaza. It's very convenient and free.

Back
Top Bottom