MLB 2014 Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A Game 7!

Getting back to baseball aesthetics, once upon a time, teams actually had style guides. We need to get back to that and devote our energy to have teams and players develop the mindset that appearances matter. The 1981 Reds Style Guide is something to strive for. Real athletic wear, pullover jersey, sansabelt baseball pants, low cut stirrups and satin dugout jackets. The way it once was and the way it should be again. Owners, players, let's work this into the CBA. Dress code now!

BbHAXbqIAAAzoYe.jpg

Damn it, couldn't the Giants have won it last night? Don't they know Survivor and American Horror Story are on tonight? :wink: I DVR those shows anyway, but I usually watch them later that night just to skip the commercials.

Will the Giants solidify their Dynasty or will the Royals end their Cinderella season with a fairy tale ending?

This had 7 game series written all over it. Both teams are riding a ton of momentum, but someone eventually has to lose.

Giants go in with a +2 run differential after 6 games, Royals have homefield advantage. I hope it ends up being the only other game in the series that is actually close.

Last edited:
Eat troll eat!

A Game 7!

Getting back to baseball aesthetics, once upon a time, teams actually had style guides. We need to get back to that and devote our energy to have teams and players develop the mindset that appearances matter. The 1981 Reds Style Guide is something to strive for. Real athletic wear, pullover jersey, sansabelt baseball pants, low cut stirrups and satin dugout jackets. The way it once was and the way it should be again. Owners, players, let's work this into the CBA. Dress code now!

BbHAXbqIAAAzoYe.jpg

thumb.aspx

Damn it, couldn't the Giants have won it last night? Don't they know Survivor and American Horror Story are on tonight? :wink: I DVR those shows anyway, but I usually watch them later that night just to skip the commercials.

Will the Giants solidify their Dynasty or will the Royals end their Cinderella season with a fairy tale ending?

I'm really torn on what to do tonight. I usually carve pumpkins and watch the 2nd half of the Halloween episode of AHS. It's tradition.

But...game 7....

By the time AHS comes on here, the WS might be over, I suppose...

The game should be over by 11:00 or so here which would be 8:00 there, so AHS isn't on till 10, you should be fine. Me on the other hand(coast), I'll probably have to wait till tomorrow night to get Twisty.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I'm still not used to the idea that TV shows and live events don't really hurt each other out here. It's great. I can watch Monday Night Football and my absolute favorite show ever* without any problem!

*Strap on your tinfoil hat, Lizzie.

Really late to the party here. How did we get to the point where Jeremy Guthrie and Tim Hudson are starting Game 7 of the World Series?

Panik broke his belt diving for a ball, the solution isn't replacing a belt with another one, but replacing belts with sansabelt trousers. Drawstring > belts. This is athletics.

Fuck. Bunting.

Royals deserve to lose for bunting with their leadoff hitter against a guy on two days rest in the fifth inning of a one run game. You have fifteen outs left for the season. Fuck this shit.

Guys, how about a different shortened name. I'd hate to be confused with him.

No worries there. :lol:

You know what's fucked up: Somebody's belt broke earlier in the game and the announcers started talking about the various uniforms and then I instantly thought of PD's obsession with unis. He mindfucked me. :reject:

Fuck. Bunting.

Royals deserve to lose for bunting with their leadoff hitter against a guy on two days rest in the fifth inning of a one run game. You have fifteen outs left for the season. Fuck this shit.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom