MLB 2010 Part 4 - October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd love to see Giants vs Phillies. Talk about good pitching matchups.

The new feelings will rise up like fake blood in crisp October.

Rangers played really well today Imps. Lee and CJ Wilson make a formidable 1-2 punch.

I think a Philly-Texas World Series would be the greatest thing ever to happen to Interference.

Impster vs. PFan. Two men in more respectable drunk stupors than GAF, battling it out for ultimate glory.

So I was comparing box scores between yesterday and today on espn.com and, uh, how the fuck was Tim Lincecum's 2 hitter rated higher than Halladay's no-hitter? Are strikeouts really that important?

Anyone who watched both games (I did) knows who pitched the better game.

The no-hitter yesterday was better than the perfect game in May.

Halladay pitched the best game I've watched yesterday. And I've seen a lot of Randy Johnson (in his prime) games in my day.

I just went back and read the last couple pages of the previous thread.

I will keep it simple: No way in hell do you fire Gardenhire. He is one of the best in the game, and is a huge part of why that team has been so competitive over the last decade.

I just went back and read the last couple pages of the previous thread.

I will keep it simple: No way in hell do you fire Gardenhire. He is one of the best in the game, and is a huge part of why that team has been so competitive over the last decade.

Then who is responsible for wrestling the massive Yankee monkey off our backs? There is only one common thread amongst our play-off embarrassments.

Remember Denny Green and the Vikings anyone?

Yes, Gardenhire made the team more competitive than our collective talent has been for the last several years, but this seems to be the start of a new era. Projecting out through next season...say we make the playoffs and the same thing happens again, do we renew Gardy's contract?

I'm curious what the owners think.

The line on MIN/NYY is +160/-180. Betting on Minnesota is practically free monies here.

armado1.jpg

Then who is responsible for wrestling the massive Yankee monkey off our backs? There is only one common thread amongst our play-off embarrassments.

Remember Denny Green and the Vikings anyone?

Yes, Gardenhire made the team more competitive than our collective talent has been for the last several years, but this seems to be the start of a new era. Projecting out through next season...say we make the playoffs and the same thing happens again, do we renew Gardy's contract?

I'm curious what the owners think.

I don't see much evidence that (1) Gardenhire is making strategic mistakes in the playoffs (well, other than bunting) or (2) he's extracting less than maximum effort from his players. What do you expect him to do?

i thought i'd hook pf before anyone else

only said it because he gave up a leadoff home run to phillips

Back
Top Bottom