MLB 2009 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad to know Seattle is helping Texas out, one way or another, by winning the season series against the Angels. Now if only we could help Texas into the Wild Card slot somehow so that the "junior circuit" is represented by two teams in the playoffs....
Yes, yes, take your pride in the fact that you won the season series. Unfortunately, your team sucks. And the Rangers aren't going anywhere.

I'm glad to know Seattle is helping Texas out, one way or another, by winning the season series against the Angels. Now if only we could help Texas into the Wild Card slot somehow so that the "junior circuit" is represented by two teams in the playoffs....

"Junior Circuit" refers to the American League.

And the Rangers aren't going anywhere.

3.5 out. Six games left head to head. And they've got the Angels' number. Please, keep puffing your chest.

"Junior Circuit" refers to the American League.

I understand where this term comes from, but as an AL fan, it kind of pisses me off considering the elevated level of play in comparison to the NL.

Yes, yes, take your pride in the fact that you won the season series. Unfortunately, your team sucks. And the Rangers aren't going anywhere.

Team? Really? Let's compare ERA's and RZR's. Pretty good pitching and defense here, and above 500 to boot. But yes, our hitting sucks.

3.5 out. Six games left head to head. And they've got the Angels' number. Please, keep puffing your chest.

I understand where this term comes from, but as an AL fan, it kind of pisses me off considering the elevated level of play in comparison to the NL.

I hear you, but Andrew used it to denote the AL West, which is inaccurate.

Actually, the Mariners have not won the season series against the Angels and that won't be determined till next week in Anaheim. :cute::sexywink::wave:

And the best the Angels can hope for in the season series with Daddy is a tie.

:cute:

:cute: Daddy :cute:

:madwife:
We're in a bit of a slump, I'll give you that. We're 5-9 in our last 14. But we're gonna get through this and we're gonna :madwife: your asses.

Did you hear that? I said we're gonna go all MADWIFE on the Rangers.

Vlad would probably go 3-4 each game with a rolling pin anyway.

The best thing about you is that you never let being wrong get in your way. You used some baseball terminology, used it wrong, but what the hell.

Sometimes radio personalities do the same thing. Sometimes I get my info from them because I can't be bothered to look up slang. Sometimes I just take announcers' word at face value. :)

Sometimes radio personalities do the same thing. Sometimes I get my info from them because I can't be bothered to look up slang. Sometimes I just take announcers' word at face value. :)

They lie, Andrew. They lie and they hope you propagate the lies.

I cannot recall looking up baseball slang, to be honest. It's usually just an osmosis thing.

Eh.

We'll always have our Felix love.

We'll always have our Felix love.

Sadly, mine will end when he winds up on your team in two years as the highest paid pitcher in baseball.

Anyway, didn't we agree on something else one time? Like Fleet Foxes or something? And aren't you way older than me, so you've had much more time to learn baseball slang through osmosis and/or truthtelling announcers?

Cubs. Sox. Two dying teams. One afternoon. One field. Wrigley. Waveland. Sheffield. Addison. Beckham. Dempster. Ozzie. Sweet Lou. Old Style beer. Backwards baseball caps. Two teams enter. Neither team makes it alive? No. One survivor. Tune in in one hour on WGN Superstation.

Sadly, mine will end when he winds up on your team in two years as the highest paid pitcher in baseball.

Anyway, didn't we agree on something else one time? Like Fleet Foxes or something? And aren't you way older than me, so you've had much more time to learn baseball slang through osmosis and/or truthtelling announcers?

We agreed on Fleet Foxes, yes.

I am much older than you, but trust me when I tell you that I had the lingo down at an early age. No big deal, not a contest, it's just a sport I've been immersed in since I was very young.

Cubs. Sox. Two dying teams. One afternoon. One field. Wrigley. Waveland. Sheffield. Addison. Beckham. Dempster. Ozzie. Sweet Lou. Old Style beer. Backwards baseball caps. Two teams enter. Neither team makes it alive? No. One survivor. Tune in in one hour on WGN Superstation.

I prefer WGN radio. Your voice of the Cubs. :wink:

1-0 Sox are up... :angry:

Could be more inaccurate announcer mumbo-jumbo, but I heard a rumour that Theo Epstein has a King Felix poster on his bedroom wall. That's amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom