* Mixing Best of Live U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thelaj

Refugee
I don't know what forum this should go on, so I'll put it here.

Like a lot of other people, I like making my own mix CD's and I'm currently in the process of making a "Best of Live" double disc. The problem is that a lot of tracks are at different volume levels, and I need to equalise them. Not too hard so far. But I also want to mix the tracks together to create a continuous soundtrack. Is it possible to do this then put track markers in so it is gapless?

If so, do you recommend any software?

I've got Roxio and it allows you to play with the volume and equalazation of each track. You can also overlap the songs in various ways so as to have no audio gaps. It take practice and reading the manual but it's a cool way to "mix" a live album from various source or make a continous dance CD. Also record your disc as 'Disc-at-once"
Good luck.

Yes, it just prevents the automatic 2 sec gaps that most software places between songs. Each song is still an individual track. You can make a continuous live album just by recording Disc-at-once but there may be jarring crowd level differences so it's best to fade-out one song as you fade-in the next using the appropiate type and length of fade.

Back
Top Bottom