Miss Sarajevo Milan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peterrrrr

New Yorker
I have some thoughts around the Milan version that is on the ABOY single. When Bono sings the long "Amore" opera note it sounds like there are two voices in it. Like they have added an effect on the version after they recorded it. I have heard a lot of live versions of this song but no other comes close to this version. He sounds so different on that one comapre to the other live versions. The others a less powerfull.

It's possible they added an effect when he sang it live, they've done this plenty of times in the past.

Alternatively, the mics may be picking up the sound of the speakers in the stadium, creating a delay effect.

You hear this alot on unmixed soundboard bootlegs, though for official releases it's corrected.

I was there that night in Milan, and I must say that actually it sounded as there was some sustain under Bono's "Amore", the volume was much louder than the rest of the song, it wasn't definitely only his voice. I wasn't the only one having that impression, many guys around me stated the same thing

babyman said:
I was there that night in Milan, and I must say that actually it sounded as there was some sustain under Bono's "Amore", the volume was much louder than the rest of the song, it wasn't definitely only his voice. I wasn't the only one having that impression, many guys around me stated the same thing
of course it is going to be louder, it is an operatic vocal, if you listen to some live opera the vocal is pretty loud

p.s. is this turning into another "bono lip-sycn" thread?

KUEFC09U2 said:
of course it is going to be louder, it is an operatic vocal, if you listen to some live opera the vocal is pretty loud

Wow, didn't know that!

There simply was an effect that carried the voice louder and stronger, some kind of reverb that gave more amplification to that note he hit, nothing else

it sounds like they equalized Bono's mic pretty dry for that song. . . too much midrange -- the sound even cracks when he hits the second 'amor' :shrug:

I got one from the 2nd day , don't know if it's the one that is on ABOY single , but in my boot it sounds normally him doing , his voice only.

Back
Top Bottom