Miscellaneous Picture Mix #28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2 in speedos - I love Abby's line :lol: or as we used to say "I'm sorry, eyes, I'm really really sorry!"

and as cool as that bass is, it's cooler to see Larry talking / smiling :wink:

i really could get a bass like this one :hmm::hmm: so cool :applaud:
and about Larry... i think abby took the words from my mouth :drool::drool::drool:

:lol:

Larry talking/smiling/in awe wins at life. :heart:

That's not Ali(does not look like her at all), nor Larry sitting down or Ann talking to the guy sitting down.

Bono is just walking through that crowd of people. I guess it is just very clear to me :)

I don't think it is Ali either and we never saw her that night or in L.A. two days later. We would have definately seen her in L.A. and she was not there.

We would not see Ali for the first time until the Unforgettable Fire Tour at the hotel.

which wedding pic?

Untitled-Scanned-01.jpg

i love that her veil is secured by something similar to a sweatband. the 80's were just NOT kind fashion years, were they?

It looks like his left foot is missing. That's from Rolling Stone October 2005, if I can remember.

Look at the neat toys in the background!

1) 1975 Gibson Les Paul Custom (the one auctioned in 2007)
2) 1962 Gretsch White Falcon.
3) 1964 Fender Stratocaster (Which most of us, other than this pic, never saw until Edge finally took it on tour in 2001 during "Stuck In A Moment...")

:cute:

Lest I forget... the 1967 Rickenbacker 330 12-string that Edge is holding in said picture.

I heard that one (The 1967 Rickenbacker), and many other bits of U2's gear, was 'drowned' when they had a flood at HQ. (The White Falcon, was supposedly also a victim.)

U2 were in New Orleans playing the Super Bowl when the flood occured. Later, Edge ceratinly understood what N.O. musicians felt when they lost instruments in Katrina... hence, Edge getting involved with starting 'Music Rising'.

I know, sad... innit?

Hence, Adam had lots of new (new to him) bass guitars on the last tour... I heard they all lost a good amount of gear.

I bet their insurance rates skyrocketed after that.

It's also why, after the Super Bowl gig, they stopped their fight with the Docklands commission to keep HQ and more than happy to take the upper floors of the mystical tower that seems like it will never get built.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom