Miscellaneous Picture Mix #25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess I never even thought of sheet music being available for U2 songs. :reject: Nevertheless, I like the cover of this one that was on eBay.

U2BeautifulDaySheetMusicCover.jpg

bonocomet said:
Ooh Hi DOL! I never was able to figure out how to convert it. I do have it in a save file tho. It's an swf or shock wave file.

http://www.save file.com/files/1485111

Have at it and good luck! If you get it converted let me know how you did it, I have a bunch of these files.
My program wouldn't work for that :( A google of "converting swf to avi" brought up plenty of strange programs, but I'm wary of experimenting with them.

As it is, anyone should be able to play swf files simply by opening them in their internet browser, so they're not a total loss.

I had great fun watching that though :lol: It was so strangely random. I am totally in love with Adam though and I want him to take me to museums :sigh:

Oh good I'm glad you were able to watch it then. I can watch that one on the u2 site, but I still don't seem to be able to open the files like you said. Hmmm...

Yeah I tried that and I get a box telling me it's blocking the content because it's not safe, I click where it says to allow the content anyways, but it still never opens, I just get a blank page. :(

Sometimes you can get them to open by downloading and installing FLV player, then changing the file extension to .flv

I'll check out my Super video converter, it does almost everything else!

Thanks for uploading this vid, I was dying to see (and hear) more of it :)

Teddy

Comet, do you remember the site you got that from?

if Ted can't do it I'm afraid I can't either, since we use the same program... but when I'm home I'll download it and do some digging in the program's coding to dig something up...
It'd be easier if you'd have the site, since that wya I can get it trough temp internet files..

I'm trying some conversions now, I'll post back if anything works.

I did get the file to play using Internet Explorer, but I had to re-name it!

You see, the original name of the file seems to have 2 'file extensions' - the bit after the dot.

The file name ends u2.com.swf

This is standard behaviour for virus-infected attachments, and as such it can be blocked by your security settings or your anti-virus software.

I right-clicked on the saved file, chose "rename" from the menu, and then took the dot out from between U2 and com. This enabled it to be played in Internet Explorer.

Teddy

Reporting back - Super can normally convert SWF files, but not this one.

The file doesn't contain enough information to decode it, such as what codec it uses, etc.

So, I hope the fix above works instead!

Teddy

Hey Teddy that worked! It did work for that particular vid at least when I removed the extra dot. I tried another swf file I had though that doesn't have any extra dots and that one still doesn't seem to want to open. Oh well. Thanks for that info!

Gg I downloaded that vid from the u2.com site.

ok is it subscribers only?

if so, can you find it on the site for me? otherwise I'll take a look myself and get the link..

:reject: oh boy, I'm sorry Comet I totally forgot about this!

I haven't really searched that good, but if you can get me a link that would be great :)

I'm having loads of trouble with my internet at the moment, something was lagging my browsers badly, I hope it's fixed now.. lemme see what this file is...
:uhoh: wait, where was the temp internet files folder...

:lol: I gotta find that one first, hold on, this might take a bit cause I forgot it again

I can never remember that either :lol: I still to this day cannot believe I was able to get us that vid of Bono speaking French on the NRJ awards !

FINALLY I found it, that folder isn't available when I search manually, not even as hidden folder... but I found it and it's loading now, :D I'll delete the crap and snatch the film!

trough internet explorer > extra > internet options browse history > settings > show files

:crack: but now U2.com asks me to login.. crap, I deleted ALL cookies, including the one I saved to sneak trough U2.com's security :scream: now I can't get in!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom