Miami 2---Best show ever!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mynthor

The Fly
I think that last show was simply perfect. Having Electric Co, OOTS, UTEOTW, The Fly, Walk On and Bad at the same show was just insane. What you think of it?

01. City Of Blinding Lights
02. Vertigo
03. Elevation
04. I Will Follow
05. The Electric Co.
06. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
07. Beautiful Day
08. Original Of The Species
09. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
10. Love And Peace Or Else
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
12. Bullet The Blue Sky
13. Miss Sarajevo
14. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
15. Where The Streets Have No Name
16. One

17. Until The End Of The World
18. The Fly
19. With Or Without You

20. All Because Of You
21. Walk On
22. Bad

Here is a review I wrote on u2tours.com (and by the way I concur)

Miami 1 "a great U2 show"

Miami 2 "a religous experience"

I thought Miami 1 was more of a traditional/basic Vertigo show. Don't get me wrong, it was fun, but I knew they were holding back. I just felt that something special was going to happen the next night.

And boy am I happy that such was the case.

Miami 2 was just magical. The audience was SO loud and they inspired the band to push further and give back even more. I would say the audience was as loud if not louder than a show in Boston! And for those who have been to Boston shows, you know that says a lot! I believe it was "Streets" that almost made the roof of the AA Arena blow off. The band seemed almost a little shy about all the cheers, but in the end, they just stopped and enjoyed the well earned applause. Bono commented that it was apt that this place was called the American Airlines arena, because this place was like a "f'ng 747"! The band was all smiles throughout the rest of the night.

"Miracle Drug" was dropped tonight and "Original of the Species" was played instead. Bono commented that it was his favorite song on the album. I nearly died when Bono and Edge performed an acoustic version of "Walk On." It was beautiful..no other words can describe it. The crowd was chanting "walk on" with Bono at the end. After seeing this non-acoustic on the Elevation tour, it was nice to hear it unplugged. And they ended the night with "Bad"...what a closer. I love how Bono can't remember all the rhyming "tion" words at the end..so he repeats some of the same words all the time. Meanwhile the audience is singing along to the album version. hehe.

And that ended a couple of great shows in Miami. Out of 17 shows I have seen U2 play, Miami 2 ranks pretty much at the top. It was just one of those nights.

As Simon Cowell would says on American Idol, our boys just had the "it factor."

(my pics are posted in the u2 photos section here on interference)

not toronto 4 with popmuzik/discotheque/the fly, and then fast cars in the second encore.

Back
Top Bottom