MERGED -> WITS radiopremiere tomorrow + Anyone want to start a "radio push" for WITS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carrotflowers said:

ummmm, what?? a joke?? Shouldn't you be a little more descriptive and excited??

Sorry I didn't add a bunch of enthusiam into my post. I was in the shower getting ready for work when I heard it. I got out dripping wet, turned on my PC and logged on here to break the news. I honestly was completely shocked when I turned on the radio to hear the song being played. I didn't really have any time to process what I was hearing. I was sort of hard to hear because I was listening on my shower radio.

The Slow Loris said:

So is it a beachclip?

:wink:

I don't know if it's a beach clip, since I haven't heard any of them from this go around. I was trying to be good for once by waiting for the song to be officially released. Others have reported that it is beach clip 400.

I'm getting tired of refreshing the forum every ten seconds hoping for more news or maybe an mp3. :huh:

so will someone record the hamburg premiere. most likely, they won't play radiohead during the song.

not to be a pain, but does anyone know how to work the radio hamburg site(or does anyone care)? if we want to get a clean version, this might be our chance. they play the song in about 3 hours.

mikal said:
not to be a pain, but does anyone know how to work the radio hamburg site(or does anyone care)? if we want to get a clean version, this might be our chance. they play the song in about 3 hours.

It does stream. I pressed where it said Webradio Zum player and it starts right up. They're playing Robbie Williams right now.

ramblin rose said:

It does stream. I pressed where it said Webradio Zum player and it starts right up. They're playing Robbie Williams right now.

ooh, thanks! for some reason it doesn't play for me, but neither did KROQ this morning.

who's gonna record it?!?!?!

a little over 2 hours until Radio Hamburg plays what hopefully is a clean version with no Radiohead in the beginning.:wink: :drool:

matsimon said:
+ 2 hours and the song plays in the radio?

yes. that's why i keep bringing it up. everyone's asking for a not radiohead version, and this is a chance to get it.

i can't record it though because the stream doesn't work for me.

Wow this "cleaner" version came through my speakers way more layered and crisp, you can hear the strings and such alot more defined then the kroq one, not to mention the opening, was it just me or did this sound ALOT better? please tell me someone recorded it.

According to U2log, Interscope wants the song pulled from the playlist. Huh. I wonder when the single will be officially released...

zoo99 said:
Wow this "cleaner" version came through my speakers way more layered and crisp, you can hear the strings and such alot more defined then the kroq one, not to mention the opening, was it just me or did this sound ALOT better? please tell me someone recorded it.

I don't know if it sounded a lot better, but you're right...it was noticeably crisper...and you're right that it's an improvement over the KROQ version

Well, if anyone finds out it's going to be played again, get in touch. Send a PM, an email (g0rman@gmail.com), or message me on AIM (g0rman). I'll make sure it gets recorded :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom