MERGED--> Where Should They Film the DVD? + Dvd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember when they made the Elevation DVD, they wished they had filmed at MSG instead because it was incredible. My money is on New York this time around...but probably not until the 3rd leg.

Vancouver of course. We have an inexpensive film industry, you know Hollywood north. Plus with it being the only show in Canada, you know we are going to bloody insane at the show.:wink:

The Boston DVD was weak so wherever they go I hope the crowd is into it and no hand-picking of fans either.:shame:

trevster2k said:
Vancouver of course. We have an inexpensive film industry, you know Hollywood north. Plus with it being the only show in Canada, you know we are going to bloody insane at the show.:wink:

The Boston DVD was weak so wherever they go I hope the crowd is into it and no hand-picking of fans either.:shame:

Everything you say makes sense to me, and it doesn't hurt that we'll be at this show either :rockon:

Yes, theedge111, that fact has not slipped my mind.:wink:

My gut says NYC.

BUT, they usually pick a venue where they have multiple shows scheduled. Because I'm pretty sure they shoot two nights worth of footage, in case they have a problem on the night that is actually being featured. So, if it's going to be NYC, it won't be shot until third leg.

They have to do one in The Netherlands. Why not this tour?

Asia would be interesting, but I don't know that they will set any dates for it.

Please NOT in Amsterdam. It's a domed stadium, and the sound is awful:madspit:. I really can't understand they won't go to Rotterdam instead. :huh:

I think it's going to be Chicago, in part because they have 4 shows, allowing then plenty of shows to rehearse the filing as well as get all the footage they need. Also, I read on another site, maybe it was on atu2.com, which alluded to the fact that something is happening in Chicago, but did not say it was the dvd filming.

I doubt both, but either Manchester or Croke Park. Just cos im there :wink:. But they have just done a Ireland DVD and the chances of Manchester are slim.

My gut also says New York this time around. If not then maybe some European Country. Perhaps in Netherlands cos of all the shows they are doing there.

i think millenium stadium would be good! roof closed so the atmosphere and lightning will stand out a lot more than other venues!

Philly 2 on the first leg, and one of the shows I make it to on the third leg! Two DVD set, naturally...

:rockon:

Seriously, I'd say maybe Chicago on Bono's birthday, just because that will no doubt be a special show, or one of the Croke shows. It'd be nice if they really did do a two DVD set, one of an indoor show and one of an outdoor show from different legs of the tour.

I'd love to see the 2 greatest crowds in terms of audience participation (and yes, I've seen them in Ireland) get the show: Glasgow or anywhere in Italy.

I think Axver had a great choice. The Netherlands would be great, the crowd is always great for u2 and the Dutch have supported u2 for so long. The only thing is as someone else stated, I heard Amsterdam Arena isn't the best place for a concert.

But my first pick is NYC on the third leg.

I think it will be somewhere in mainland Europe. I have shows from mexico, ireland, and the united states. They will keep on switching it up making me think it will not be nyc.

Vancouver....It's the only Canadian date in the first leg and there has never been a DVD from Canada. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom