MERGED-->WHat channel is the React Now concert on TV?+and they played LOVE AND PEACE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
ahh alan jackson... how long until he writes a song to capitalize on this one?
Yeah, he did write and release a 9/11 song but I really don't think it was to capitalize for his own gain. I think he was just honestly expressing his feelings about what happened in the best way he knew how.

Now, Toby Keith is another matter. He shamelessly and repeatedly exploited 9/11 to further his own career and it worked. I find him pretty despicable.

ramblin rose said:
Is it me, or is it tacky for Eminen to say on this broadcast how much he's giving?

Eminem is inherently and innately tacky. He can't help it.

It was just.. fucking totally amazing. THE best performance of the night. Wow... and... fuckin'.. wow.

I was wondering, if its not a problem.. if someone could post it up online for download?

I didn't get to record it. :-(

*kicks self in ass and head a billion times*

I think its tacky and predictable that Axver puts down every song and every artist on this show.

Im no fan of Eminem but at least hes giving something to a cause which is more then most people here are doing. Its not about the amount either it is about doing something, and at least hes doing that.

WildHoneyAlways said:
Actually I thought it was classy when he encouraged everyone to help and pull together and not just the hip hop communtiy like the dude asked him about.

I think he could have done that without saying he was giving $200,000 through his record company.:|

Yahweh said:
I think its tacky and predictable that Axver puts down every song and every artist on this show.

Im no fan of Eminem but at least hes giving something to a cause which is more then most people here are doing. Its not about the amount either it is about doing something, and at least hes doing that.

How do you know what most people here are doing with respect to this?

Last edited:
Yahweh said:

Well, considering the fact many artists I like are unknown on Interference and unlikely to appear on a show like this, while those known here and likely to appear on a show like this are people I don't like, it's predictable I guess.

Now if Straitjacket Fits, The Chills, Porcupine Tree, the Finn Brothers, Dream Theater, Mark Knopfler, The Pineapple Thief, Blackfield, etc. decided to do a benefit show together ...

Lets put it this way the US government is spending a billion dollars a day on the war in Iraq, but I would be very surprised if they were even spending 5 percent of that cost in New Oreleans.

Originally posted by Axver

Now if Straitjacket Fits, The Chills, Porcupine Tree, the Finn Brothers, Dream Theater, Mark Knopfler, The Pineapple Thief, Blackfield, etc. decided to do a benefit show together ...

Then few people would watch and not much money would be raised. :wink:

It's all about the masses.

Near the start of it and it was a really great performance I am looking forward to a video on here.

WildHoneyAlways said:

Then few people would watch and not much money would be raised. :wink:

It's all about the masses.

Which is rather sad really. Let's put some quality acts on the show rather than Kelly fucking Clarkson. If people had any sense, they'd tune in anyway.

Is U2's performance before or after Green Day's performance of that song about the summer or September or about the war or whatever?

Axver said:

Which is rather sad really. Let's put some quality acts on the show rather than Kelly fucking Clarkson. If people had any sense, they'd tune in anyway.

Actually, Avril Levigne wrote most of Kelly Clarkson's last album and critically and commerically it has done well.

You know, music is entertainment. It always doesn't have to be "perfect" or "mean something." :rolleyes: Mainstream does always = shit.

david said:

Alicia Keys
Kid Rock
Kelly Clarkson
Green Day
Rolling Stones
John Mayer
David Banner
Rob Thomas
Buckwheat Zydeco
Coldplay
some country guy
Trent Reznor
Sheryl Crow
Bon Jovi
U2

I am watching it on the West Coast now. There's this group of skeletons performing and they're dressed like The Rolling Stones, I wonder who they are.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom