MERGED --> U2 on MTVjammed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
markoajda said:
The DVD of this thing was just posted on EZT. Click here.

*sigh* I've never downloaded a successful torrent file. They all seem to choke long before they're halfway done. Is anyone FTPing this? I'd do it if only I had the files.

U2 mania is so stressful sometimes.

Miroslava--congrats on the closeips--awesome! I couldnt find myself while watching but I am in th epicture you put up!!! the big crowd shot--Im jumping up---what song is that form?

ree5669 said:
ladywithspinninghead: You have us beat, by far!!!! And I thought I was nuts!!! LOL!

haha, yeah, I am nuts when it comes to U2!

and oops, I meant I flew from Ottawa to NYC via Philly....and not Ottawa to Canada, haha!

(and the return was a nightmare - flight out of LaGuardia to Philly was delayed so missed my connection to Ottawa - had to catch a later flight to Montreal, cab it to downtown where I slept at a friend`s for 4 hours then hopped on a bus for a 2hour ride back to Ottawa where I promptly proceeded to go to work!!)

Last edited:
Thanks Marc! :wink: Bummer you couldn't see yourself :(

No clue when that picture was taken. I got it off of Wireimage! There were a couple more I posted somewhere in here. No clue where though. Pleba I think. Scary place for most guys, I know :wink:

And yes Lady, I concede. You win :wink:

Last edited:
very true. he has far more power and control in these new performances. compare i will follow from irving plaza and the one from brooklyn bridge - there's no comparison!

Problem with the torrent from Easytree. I tried to download it, but my puter said i couldn't open it up since it didn't know what program created it. What can i do so that I can get it? Thanks to anyone who knows. :)

ahhhh I saw someone mention that earlier, but i thought it was just necessary to UPLOAD things onto the site.

No , I don't . :(

BELI...once again you have helped me. THANKs...I downloaded bit tornado, and even with DSL, it seems it will take quite a while to get the Jammed performance.

Thanks again :) Apparently, you've taken me to raise! LOL

dumb question, but is 143 hours to get this 30minute show typical for a DSL connection....seems a bit extreme to me.

WAIT...edit, it changed to 35 hours and is going down very quickly...maybe things are picking up :)

Last edited:
Ive only ever done two. One took two days, the other took about 5 hours I think.
The download was quick but letting it run after downloading, waiting for my ratio to go back up to 1.0 was reallllllyyy slow. Actually it crashed before I finished.
:huh:

PLEASE HELP: I downloaded the Jammed performance all night last night. Now it said "download successful" so I clicked finished. Nothing happens.

When I clicked on the folder for Jammed, it has about 13 or so files called "video" and some numbers. When I click on one of those, it says it cannot open file b/c it doesn't know what program created it. I browsed and chose "bit tornado' (sounded good to me) . Now nothing happens still. Please advise if you have any answers.

markoajda: I assume I have it (though don't know what to do with it) and if I knew how to seed, I would do that,assuming mine works. Sorry....

ree5669 said:
PLEASE HELP: I downloaded the Jammed performance all night last night. Now it said "download successful" so I clicked finished. Nothing happens.

When I clicked on the folder for Jammed, it has about 13 or so files called "video" and some numbers. When I click on one of those, it says it cannot open file b/c it doesn't know what program created it. I browsed and chose "bit tornado' (sounded good to me) . Now nothing happens still. Please advise if you have any answers.

Well, look for PowerDVD software (it's available on all major d/l sites or you can buy it). You can play the VIDEO_TS folder with it or you can burn a DVD videofiles compilation (DVD) in Nero and watch it on your DVD player.

ree5669 said:
markoajda: I assume I have it (though don't know what to do with it) and if I knew how to seed, I would do that,assuming mine works. Sorry....

how do i seed a torrent + Google =

# Seeding Your Torrent

To begin seeding your torrent, you will need to open it in your default BitTorrent client. Torrent files can be opened in basically two different ways.

1. Open a Torrent File Locally

— Using this method, you would use a file explorer such as My Computer or Windows Explorer to locate (on your harddrive) the torrent that you created and double-click it. It should then open in your default BitTorrent client and ask your for a Save Location.
2. Open a Torrent File Remotely

— Using this method, you would click a hypertext link to the online location of the torrent file. If your web browser is configured properly, it should ask you if you want to Save or Open the torrent file when you click the link. By choosing Open, it should download the torrent file to a temporary folder, open it in your default BitTorrent client and prompt you for a Save Location.

If your tracker allows torrent downloads (bnbt_allow_torrent_downloads), this can be done by clicking the link in the Torrent Download column that appears just after the Torrent Name column.

NOTE: Your web browser might be configured to simply open torrent files by default, and you will never be asked if you want to save or open the torrent.

If you were downloading the torrented files, you could choose any save location, however, because you are seeding the torrent, it is necessary for you to choose a specific location (and filename).

Upon opening the torrent file, you will be prompted for a save location. If the torrent is for a single file, you will also be prompted for a filename.

1. If you are torrenting a SINGLE FILE:

— you should select that file on your hard drive when you are prompted for a save location and filename.
2. If you are torrenting a SET OF FILES (FOLDER):

— you should select the folder on your hard drive that contains the torrented files, when you are prompted for a save location.

Your client will then begin to hash the file contents on your hard drive (checking existing data) and will compare it to the hash information stored in the torrent file. If everything matches, your client should report that the torrent is complete (Download Succeeded) and will then contact the tracker to announce this information.

PLEASE NOTE: Some BitTorrent clients use color-coding to indicate the status of your torrent. Please do not be concerned if your torrent does not go green immediately. This will not happen until someone has started downloading the torrented files from you. This usually doesn't happen when you start seeding a torrent initially, because no one has had a chance to get the torrent file yet.

Some Important Guidelines

* Seed your torrent for as long as possible.
* Seed your torrent until it is well seeded and has at least 2 other seeds (people who have finished downloading).
* Check back often to make sure that your torrent isn't left with 0 seeds and reseed the torrent as necessary.

The number of seeds and peers will be displayed in your tracker's table of torrents. If the tracker supports the scrape function, the number of seeds and peers can also be retrieved using TorrentSpy. BNBT EasyTracker is configured by default to support the scrape function.

[ Download TorrentSpy ]
# Reseeding Your Torrent

The procedure for reseeding your torrent is exactly the same as the initial seeding process.

Last edited:
I have a problem. I downloaded the MTV VCD successfully, but for some damn reason, I cannot view the clip. I tried every media applications (VLC, Windows Media Player, QUicktime, Real player, DivX, and PowerDVD), and none of them works. The error message keep on stating that the program cannot recognize the file. How can I fix this stupid error? :huh:

WOW...I am on it. I SO appreciate your help. I will try what you said.

This is a lot and I am so not technical.

I am downloading the trial of PowerDVD and it said something about audio. Since I went to NYC my husband has me on a spending freeze, so I cannot buy it. The trial said something about sound but I didn't understand it. I hope I don't end up with a silent video. Worth a try, I suppose. :)

THANKS AGAIN>>>>>>

markoajda: It said an installation support file couldn't be found. Installation couldn't continue. :(

Computers drive me nuts. Esp. since I need a new one. I will keep trying.

ree5669 said:
markoajda: It said an installation support file couldn't be found. Installation couldn't continue. :(

Computers drive me nuts. Esp. since I need a new one. I will keep trying.

Does your computer meet the system requirements. Other then that I really don't know. :hmm: You could I suppose TRY a complete version (BT friendly link). If you like the software buy it. :wink:

Once you've installed it do the following.

power1.jpg

Then look for your VIDEO_TS folder. Select it and it should play it.

power2.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, I did it! :D
Downloaded, everything works properly :up:
Great concert, lucky you who were there!
But its not the whole concert, is it? Are we gonna ever be able to see the whole thing?

Hi, I've got the audience recording but,.... any other link of those 4 songs shown on MTV, please?? I mean, yousendit.
I'll appreciate it a lot. thank u very much & greets from Spain

Sick of old computers! I don't think I have a pentium 4. Prob pent 3. This truly sucks! I wanted this on disk since I am on it several times . :(

Nonetheless, markoajda, YOU are AWESOME for providing the most detailed help I have ever been given. You are great tech support. I apologize I couldn't help you in return.

Ree why dont you ask if theres someone on this forum who lives near you who could send you a CD of this show? You could offer to pay for postage etc.

See what happens? :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom