MERGED --> Pleban Attack!!! + PLEBA fights back

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PLEBA fights back

heres a new definition of PLEBA i submited

PLEBA
A forum on the popular U2 website Interference. Though total dumb asses call it an embarassment the users of the forum (PLEBAns) are very civilised and caring.
There are seperate areas to post threads that have something to do with the section heading (e.g PLEBAns which is general chat about the users)
Picture posting is a common feature on the website where captioning is often a very good way of involving all members of the website and proves very humorous at the same time, though total retards beleive that people like to have sexual fantasies with low res pictures of bono's righ armpit.
Users are of both sexes and are intelligent,humorous and very welcoming to all, topics discussed vary from general chat,tours and the band members to news events such as terrorism and the death penalty.
PLEBA is an acronym using the names of the 4 band members and their manager.

PLEBANs, wow bono himself spoke of them!
Source: the hype, vertigo

lets see if its published :D

:applaud: I think it's great but I don't think it will get published because of name calling and such.

as in dumb asses and total retards..

people could get offended by that.

Re: Pleban Attack!!!

While most women prefer real physical contact in order to be satisfied, all women at PLEBA need are pictures of the band to fulfill their sexual fantasies.

Um...does anyone else find that quote a little creepy? Not only is it ridiculous, but why would anyone care, much less feel the need to publicly talk about what they imagine posters need 'in order to be satisfied'. For someone who supposedly doesn't like PLEBA, they spend a little to much time thinking about the personal lives of PLEBAns.

I think someone in this forum must have turned this guy down at some point and this is his rationale for why. :wink:

Wow - I didn't realise this part of the forum had a 'reputation'. I came to interference just as a way to interact with fans and get a little more up-to-date information on the band, and their releases, and to discuss my own thoughts regarding certain recent releases.

Once I got to the forum I posted in a few areas, but found that some of them weren't very active, and people weren't necessarily that welcoming (and as for Zootopia... I found it a little hard to crack in there). Once I stumbled upon PLEBA forum (I admit, I had no idea what it stood for for a while) I saw that this section of the forum was a lot more active, people were actually quite welcoming, there were lots of threads running - and lots of funny ones at that.

To be honest - I don't get my kicks out of looking at Bono's butt or hairy chest - it doesn't really do it for me. What I do like is the caption threads where people go to town and make really funny submissions that a lot of people seem to enjoy. Plus the information tends to be as up to date as possible, and you see pictures of the band that are quite new - so you know where they are at. This forum is lively and fun - and even though I'm not really part of the 'in crew' here - I enjoy my time here. It's all good.

That definition of PLEBA was a little crap - I mean, we shouldn't take offence really because it was probably quite unjustified, but it's still not nice to have the forum rep taken down like that.

Why would Bono know of this forum? What's he doin? Strokin' his ego by surfing the net for stuff about himself? :huh: :wink: Haha

As for the fanfic - there are some really talented writers in there. It's a form of self-expression, and it's good exercise for the mind.

I'm sure the music is the primary drive for people being fans. And in my case I can definitely say that is so. But at the same time Rock n Roll has always been a package deal - it's always been MUSIC + LOOK = BAND/ARTIST. Why do they go to so much trouble having stylists and wardrobe etc - it's about the package. They know that part of their selling power is a certain image that they deliver, they aren't stupid. So it's ridiculous for people to then criticise fans for going along with the deal. All artists present themselves a certain way - I mean think of all the young female singers who wear belly bearing tops? People know that an image that captures peoples attention/imagination makes them more memorable, makes them more enigmatic. It's part of the industry people.... deal with it, hey?

I don't think I'm 'scary' just for coming here - I mean, crazy, sure, that's me, but scary? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Ok, I didn't mean to say so much, but just felt like blabbing.

Last edited:
B_Diddy_Ono said:
Wow - I didn't realise this part of the forum had a 'reputation'. I came to interference just as a way to interact with fans and get a little more up-to-date information on the band, and their releases, and to discuss my own thoughts regarding certain recent releases.

Once I got to the forum I posted in a few areas, but found that some of them weren't very active, and people weren't necessarily that welcoming (and as for Zootopia... I found it a little hard to crack in there). Once I stumbled upon PLEBA forum (I admit, I had no idea what it stood for for a while) I saw that this section of the forum was a lot more active, people were actually quite welcoming, there were lots of threads running - and lots of funny ones at that.

To be honest - I don't get my kicks out of looking at Bono's butt or hairy chest - it doesn't really do it for me. What I do like is the caption threads where people go to town and make really funny submissions that a lot of people seem to enjoy. Plus the information tends to be as up to date as possible, and you see pictures of the band that are quite new - so you know where they are at. This forum is lively and fun - and even though I'm not really part of the 'in crew' here - I enjoy my time here. It's all good.

That definition of PLEBA was a little crap - I mean, we shouldn't take offence really because it was probably quite unjustified, but it's still not nice to have the forum rep taken down like that.

Why would Bono know of this forum? What's he doin? Strokin' his ego by surfing the net for stuff about himself? :huh: :wink: Haha

As for the fanfic - there are some really talented writers in there. It's a form of self-expression, and it's good exercise for the mind.

I'm sure the music is the primary drive for people being fans. And in my case I can definitely say that is so. But at the same time Rock n Roll has always been a package deal - it's always been MUSIC + LOOK = BAND/ARTIST. Why do they go to so much trouble having stylists and wardrobe etc - it's about the package. They know that part of their selling power is a certain image that they deliver, they aren't stupid. So it's ridiculous for people to then criticise fans for going along with the deal. All artists present themselves a certain way - I mean think of all the young female singers who wear belly bearing tops? People know that an image that captures peoples attention/imagination makes them more memorable, makes them more enigmatic. It's part of the industry people.... deal with it, hey?

I don't think I'm 'scary' just for coming here - I mean, crazy, sure, that's me, but scary? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Ok, I didn't mean to say so much, but just felt like blabbing.

Always glad to hear from our male Plebans! :flirt: I agree that the definition of Pleba could be some thing more imagitive like Glueys suggestion of "Pretty Ladies Eyeing Bono's Anatomy"!! :wink:

I feel I can honestly say that if it wasn't for their music, and what their music is all about, it wouldn't matter how many pictures got posted, eventually people would have lost interest. It's also the quality of the people in the band that has it's biggest appeal. What they're about.

They're all heart, they don't just talk the talk, they walk the walk and is what makes us continue to be their biggest fans and what Plebans love most about these four guys. We can come here and share their stories and share our admiration for them. The photos are like the icing on the cake, and who wouldn't want to see them, they are always so up to date on everything, you'd be dumb to try and find more recent photos anywhere else on the internet.

And yeah, that description of plebans is ages old...

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I count as part of "the rest of interference" or not, but since I also stick my nose in here from time to time, I hope I'm allowed to join in at laughing at the dingbat who posted that article.

I don't have any sort of problem with PLEBA, nor with 99.99999% of the photos I've seen here. You all seem to be lovely people, and when I get sick of all the crap in EYKIW I come here to have a laugh and remember that U2 fans don't all spend their lives slagging each other off. *RE*

I don't really :drool: over the band that much... I guess... I think the attraction for me is the music first, and who they are.

No, no :drool: ing here...
...where did that pic of Bono's butt go??

:D

Back
Top Bottom