MERGED-->How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb? + atu2 received 2nd confirmation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2girl said:

Well I think it's interesting it's How to dismantle an atomic bomb - neither a question or a claim/instruction nor an answer because they didn't put a punctuation mark.

That is an excellent point regarding the lack of a question mark. However, I think the title is supposed to implicate that if you play the cd, then you have dismantled an atomic bomb. So, how do you dismantle an atomic bomb? With Love baby! :heart: :heart: :heart:

U2girl said:
Yes but isn't U2 more about asking questions than answering them?

I think that is very accurate of pre-2000 U2. All That..., however, was more of an uplifting and accepting album than one full of questions.

The title is great, but Bono's reply is stupid "With Love" What are we in the sixties and seventies again? "Love" worked reeeeal well back then. How about "With Communication" or "With Understanding".....

....sounds too Lennon to me. We all know how that story ended...."With a Bullet".

Also, i think in their minds, this isn't a question. More like they are telling people how to do it. I really wouldn't be surprised to see a heart or something on the cover of the cd too, although i think they used the heart in the suitcase logo last time.

Great, great title. It's smart, but it also says "We Will Rock Your Socks Off"

I think "Full Metal Jacket" would be a wicked album title. Both political and rockin connotations.

"FMJ" sounds like a difficult and philosophical title to me. HTDAAB is a little Cliche and it feels like we've moved on from the A-Bomb hysteria era.

although FMJ has been used for the movie....hmm...a balance between these two would be nice.

PowerSurge said:
The title is great, but Bono's reply is stupid "With Love" What are we in the sixties and seventies again? "Love" worked reeeeal well back then. How about "With Communication" or "With Understanding".....

....sounds too Lennon to me. We all know how that story ended...."With a Bullet".

The fact that Lennon was shot doesn't mean he didn't have the right idea. In fact, looking at the world today, I'd have to say no one has come up with a better one yet.

Anyway, I think it's a good thought-provoking title, providing the album actually has something to do with it (literally, or metaphorically speaking). It is a bit of a mouthfull, though.

BigMacPhisto said:

I agree. It says that they're extremely confident with what they've done. When I first heard this rumor I began to feel this was going to be a big album...

BigMacPhisto said:

PRECISELY. I think it's possibly their best title yet besides UABRS. The only problem I have is that HDTAAB doesn't really form a word - I turned ATYCLB into "atacilb" in my mind, but HDTAAB isn't working yet ...

(For the record, I think WAIA is the worst title.)

Axver said:

PRECISELY. I think it's possibly their best title yet besides UABRS. The only problem I have is that HDTAAB doesn't really form a word - I turned ATYCLB into "atacilb" in my mind, but HDTAAB isn't working yet ...

Hudtab...

U2dork said:

Hudtab...

Yeah, thought of that, but it doesn't work ... things work funnily in my mind. Don't ask me where I get "why-a-wah" in WAIA from.

um...
actually that's Hutdab
This is what happens when people are talking to you while you type...

U2dork said:
um...
actually that's Hutdab
This is what happens when people are talking to you while you type...

And I should have spotted that, but this is what happens when you get up before 8am.

It doesn't really roll off the tongue, but it's not a bad title.

I'm just worried that it could lose U2 sales though, what with the ultra short attention spans of many people...

*The new album is playing in the background in a store*
Person 1: "Wow, this is great, I gotta buy this album! What is it?"
Person 2: "It's U2's new album, How To Dismantle An Ato...(Person 1 loses interest as their eye is caught by a brightly colured display of socks/pop posters/etc etc)

Woo. I love this title. I've always loved it. I'm quite glad they chose that over Vertigo, Solar and Solaris...:wink:

Not bad. Like it better than the last two titles, that's for sure.

How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

This title has balls. It's agressive and it tells us that this album has something to say.

Think about the album design, tour, and t-shirts - it has a strong concept.

Thumbs up!

I am kind of iffy on this title. At first hear (by someone who may not know U2 that well) it makes them sound like A. some political punk band who cares not about music but of bashing Bush on record or B. a geeky pop band who cares not about the music but of the humor. I don't know, maybe it will grow on me once I see the cover or a T-shirt, but I am kind of scared of the publicity it will bring. All That You Can't Leave Behind was kind of mysterious and meaningful but this title is a little too political. But, it would be cool if the theme of the artwork was like an old fashion manual on, like, how to saddle a horse in an old yellow/white booklet! With U2 on the top, like a stamp and HOW TO DISMANTLE AN ATOMIC BOMB in big letters in the middle. Now, that would be cool!

Jaxx said:

The fact that Lennon was shot doesn't mean he didn't have the right idea. In fact, looking at the world today, I'd have to say no one has come up with a better one yet.

Anyway, I think it's a good thought-provoking title, providing the album actually has something to do with it (literally, or metaphorically speaking). It is a bit of a mouthfull, though.

Very well said. What´s wrong with being a peace lover like Lennon? Peace is still a big idea and the world is in need of some. So, personally I like this title. Seems that it´s destined to make people think about the world we´re all living in.

MT

Back
Top Bottom