MERGED --> Fleet Center (now Bank North Garden) GA line MEGATHREAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GretzkyU2Yanks

Acrobat
Fleet Center (now Bank North Garden) Elevation GA line

I have GA tix for Boston, but only had GA in NYC for Elevation. I was wondering where the GA line was set up during the Elevation tour. Was the line up on the east side closer to the North End and Canal St or the west end where the will call windows are and the O'Neill federal building??

It was on the west end against the wall then they moved it to that small fenced in parking lot back there. I hope it is the same again!

I was wondering the same thing. I have GA for 5/26 so I'll check back after the 1st show to find out where the GA was set up.

I'm curious about the restrictions that certain venues are setting up for the GA line. If the Fleet Center plans to restrict when we queue up, would that prevent people from showing up early anyway? I'm planning on 6am but then I will have to figure out where the unofficial line is setting up. :huh:

Boston Security for Bruce Springsteens Pit ( I was happy to toe the starting line @9am in the Cold Oct. rain )
anyway...
They started us in 2003 on the side near the tix office and we were only alloed to leave by a self policing method security was not involved untill after lunch time..
I think this was due to the Rabid fans from Backstreets.com
It really went well as they lead us in to the floor in groups of 50.
about an hr before curtain.......
Hope it helps and I hope people are good to eachother in line and Speak out Loud and Proud if anyone is cutting (not returning
from/lunch/bank/bathroom) in other words there was a sign out person from backstreets running the line till security took over mid aftn.

peace

Last edited:
Did anyone read the fleetcenter's ga rules that were posted? (I found the link over on atu2's blog) What's this about a voucher for u2.com members to get into the ellipse?

brkngrrl said:
Did anyone read the fleetcenter's ga rules that were posted? (I found the link over on atu2's blog) What's this about a voucher for u2.com members to get into the ellipse?

For what it's worth, I was wondering the same thing. I have fired off a couple emails to u2.com and the Fleetcenter. Not expecting an answer but ya never know. I will post what I find out.

2heartsboston said:
Boston Security for Bruce Springsteens Pit ( I was happy to toe the starting line @9am in the Cold Oct. rain )
anyway...
They started us in 2003 on the side near the tix office and we were only alloed to leave by a self policing method security was not involved untill after lunch time..
I think this was due to the Rabid fans from Backstreets.com
It really went well as they lead us in to the floor in groups of 50.
about an hr before curtain.......
Hope it helps and I hope people are good to eachother in line and Speak out Loud and Proud if anyone is cutting (not returning
from/lunch/bank/bathroom) in other words there was a sign out person from backstreets running the line till security took over mid aftn.

peace

Yes it has changed since the Elevation tour. Sorry but it will not be ran like Bruce. I was #1 for the October 4 show in Philly 2002 on the Rising Tour. I got alot of shit from the people that tried to sneak in their friends sisters in the GA line in Philly. So far on Vertigo 2005 Tour I have done San Diego #1, Chicago #2 and Philly #1. Since there are not that many people are lining up the line should be loose. Plus you have the box office, the train station and McDonalds and Dunkin Donuts inside the Fleet Center or whatever the name is now. Basically its knowing the people around you in line and getting to know them. We write down times and there is no need to do roll calls unless we get a big line or someone has dissappeared for more than 3 or 4 hours unless their in their car which is close to the line. 4 to 5:30 p.m. we have to patrol the line and split everyone up . We should not let the venue do that because it will create more line cutters like in Philly #1.

Super_Fan said:

Yes it has changed since the Elevation tour. Sorry but it will not be ran like Bruce. I was #1 for the October 4 show in Philly 2002 on the Rising Tour. I got alot of shit from the people that tried to sneak in their friends sisters in the GA line in Philly. So far on Vertigo 2005 Tour I have done San Diego #1, Chicago #2 and Philly #1. Since there are not that many people are lining up the line should be loose. Plus you have the box office, the train station and McDonalds and Dunkin Donuts inside the Fleet Center or whatever the name is now. Basically its knowing the people around you in line and getting to know them. We write down times and there is no need to do roll calls unless we get a big line or someone has dissappeared for more than 3 or 4 hours unless their in their car which is close to the line. 4 to 5:30 p.m. we have to patrol the line and split everyone up . We should not let the venue do that because it will create more line cutters like in Philly #1.

According to the Fleet Center that won't be an issue. Everyone will be given a wrist band with a number (in order that you arrive) and then can leave, and return at 5 and get in line.

spinninghead77 said:

According to the Fleet Center that won't be an issue. Everyone will be given a wrist band with a number (in order that you arrive) and then can leave, and return at 5 and get in line.

Hi Kelly! :wave:

How do you know this?
Isn`t U2`s MGMT responsible for the final say regarding this - it would seem unlikely that they`re going to change policies now, no?

I have a GA for the 24th so am definitely interested in knowing!

Superfan - are you going to the gig on the 24th? I remember you from the SD show...you did a great job!

Ah - nevermind, I just read the policy. I get it now - the "first come, first served" is for entering the building and not the ellipse. I love that we can leave and return at 5pm! Every venue ought to be like this - I`ll be able to see the sights of Boston now...

Okay then! Now I need to know where the pre-8am line-up will start ! :)

Boston GA question

Hello all,

Caught my first Vertigo show last night in NJ, and I'm travelling north to Boston for my first GA show on May 26th.

I have a question about the procedure, though. I'm a U2.com fan club member, but for this show, my GA tickets were purchased through Ticketmaster (got very lucky). So, which line do I stand in? The non-fan club member line, right?

Or have I misinterpreted the procedure? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Jon

jon_lemire@hotmail.com

ladywithspinninghead said:
Ah - nevermind, I just read the policy. I get it now - the "first come, first served" is for entering the building and not the ellipse. I love that we can leave and return at 5pm! Every venue ought to be like this - I`ll be able to see the sights of Boston now...

Okay then! Now I need to know where the pre-8am line-up will start ! :)

This is pretty good news but why do I get the uneasy feeling that its not going to be as smooth as this.

How would I find out where the pre-8am unofficial lineup will be??

sweetie said:

This is pretty good news but why do I get the uneasy feeling that its not going to be as smooth as this.

How would I find out where the pre-8am unofficial lineup will be??

I'm guessing it will be in the area right outside the fenced in lot. It is a public walkway right by the side of the building...that is where they let people stay overnight last time and moved them into the fenced in lot in the morning.

2heartsboston said:
This is good organization .
Keep up the communication please...

I second that--I'm going to be scouring the board on the 25th looking for info about the 24th's show...and I'm still waiting to hear what those "priority access vouchers" are that some U2.com members apparently have. I emailed U2.com about it but haven't heard anything--and don't really expect much.

Boston GA Line--Ticketmaster email

I havent heard anybody else receiving this email from ticketmaster from other venues. I Just received this email from TM:

Congratulations on your purchase of a General Admission (GA) floor ticket for one of U2's FleetCenter performances. Pursuant to U2's request, the floor will be "general admission" (no seats) for the band's FleetCenter performances.

In order to effectively admit floor ticket holders to the arena floor, one exclusive entrance has been designated for your use. It is located on the west side of the complex. This is the only entrance you can use to enter the facility and access the concert floor. A map showing the FleetCenter and surrounding streets and walkways and this special "GA Floor Ticket Entrance" is available at www.FleetCenter.com or by directly clicking on the link below. Doors will open for this special GA entrance approximately 90 minutes before show time. Please leave yourself plenty of time to be admitted.

In addition to a diagram, specific policies and procedures that will be in place to manage the U2 GA admissions line are also available via this link.

Please help us make this process safe, comfortable, and fair by reading and abiding by these guidelines.
Thank you for your cooperation and enjoy the show.

http://www.fleetcenter.com/U2.pdf

from the pdf page
U2.com Members possessing a pre-issued “Priority Access” voucher will be provided an “ELLIPSE” wristband and access into the “ELLIPSE” inner stage viewing area. All U2.com Members will need an “ELLIPSE” voucher, proof of identification and valid ticket to receive this special wristband.

not sure I understand this part. what si this 'priority access' voucher??

here is what someone on zootopia said

Im writing here so people dont have to look for the answer.

I jsut called the fleet center, there has been a misunderstanding

THe Priority Voucher is your ticket with either t-fan or w-fan on it. Nothing else.

For non-presale shows, its your profile printout + id, or you membreship card.

These 2 things will let you be on the u2.com member line (T-fan or W-fan for presale shows, profile a/o card for non-presale shows) whcih is shorter, thats all.

All is cool, so dont sweat it.

XBL, thank you for making that clear. :wink: I just forgot to mention that. :huh:

I like what they're doing now, but I think they can make things a bit better if they would allow priority access to pre-sale GA's. The pre-sale GA holders would be followed by U2.com members who have general sale GA's. Finally, non-U2.com fans who have general sale GA's would be allowed in.

If it's logistically impossible to give pre-sale GA's guaranteed ellipse admittance, then giving priority entry to pre-sale GA holders would still reward those fan club members who chose to use their pre-sale code for that particular show. Obviously, this would only work for pre-sale shows.

For shows w/o presales, there should be two lines: U2.com members and non-U2.com members, with U2.com members getting priority admittance.

The lottery, of course, would still be used in both scenarios to determine ellipse patrons.

Just trying to make the lottery work better for everyone... :wink:

Woohoo! This means I can sightsee and see the Freedom Trail, the site of the Boston Tea Party and maybe the Constitution - I like the GA line but I've never been to Boston!

I really hope the Fleet Centre carries this out or I'll be screwed when I return to the line-up at 5pm! I hope they do issue wristbands in the morning...

Any idea yet where the pre-8am line-up will commence?

I'm heading to the 5/26 show and have a question about the procedure. I'm a U2.com fan club member, but for this show, my GA tickets were purchased through Ticketmaster (got very lucky). So, which line do I stand in?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom