MERGED --> ALL Reports from the Boston GA lines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have numbers 518 and 519 of the U2.com line. They didnt start at 1 though, anybody know what number they started at?? Im thinking it is the 350 range because the security guard told us thats how many people used the u2.com line on Tues. So Im assuming they used bracelet numbers 1-350 on Tues or there about.

Boston Night #2 GA report

My brother and I arrived at the Fleetcenter for 7:30am and were given numbers 120 and 121. A fairly helfpul venue employee showed up soon afterwards, explained the procedure, and then split us into two lines. We were in the fan club line, and we think about #80 in that line. The orange numbered wristbands didn't start with #1 today (I believe they stated with #400), and we got numbers #479 and #480.

So, for people who were there Tuesday, what are my chances tonight? Let's say I don't get in the ellipse, how good can I expect my spot to be? Maybe two deep on the catwalk?

Thanks!

Just posted in a different thread -- I got #479 in the U2.com line, and thought I was about 80 people back. I was thinking they started with #400, but I could be wrong.

What's your guess -- how good will my spot be if I don't make the ellipse?

jon_lemire said:
Just posted in a different thread -- I got #479 in the U2.com line, and thought I was about 80 people back. I was thinking they started with #400, but I could be wrong.

What's your guess -- how good will my spot be if I don't make the ellipse?

So you're about #160, you will be two off the rail outside the ellipse. If you get into the ellipse you could get a rail position.

Question, if the u2.com line is a lot longer than the general sale line why not just go into the general sale line if they go in at the same time?

I was #128 on the U2.com line and ended 3rd from the rail at the tip. You can probably do one person better if you don't want to be on the tip.

Does anyone know what time they stopped scanning on Tuesday night?

And what time did they stop giving out the numbered bracelets? I can't get down there until like 3pm today.

jon_lemire said:

Hey--you were one of those two guys behind me! I was 118 and my boyfriend was 119. Guess I'll see you again in about 5 hours.... :p

I was also thinking they must have started around 400--I'm 478.

Last edited:
Are we able to bring digital cameras inside like i was able to do in San Diego. Or in Boston, no cameras at all except the disposable cheap cameras?

Thanks

Frederic

I asked the security guard this AM if there was still the no camera rule due to the fact that u2.com was asking for our pictures. he said he saw the website, didnt know why the website posted it because the arena has not bee told to start allowing cameras. Bring your cameras at your own risk, as of this AM

Hey Erin4618 -- that's funny that we were in line next to each other this morning. Yeah, I'm one of the two redheaded guys, the other (in case, you know, you didn't see the resemblence) is my brother. Can't wait for the show. Go Red Sox, Go U2.

See you tonight....

How can we tell if we got a U2.com wristband or not?

I asked the wristband people and it looked like they only had 1 color...light orange. But I DID show them my U2.com card and they saw it but still gave me a light orange band with a # on it.

Thanks!

Are they light orange for tonight? I did see that one of the other employees had some DARK orange bands in her pocket...but they only would give me a LIGHT orange band...

Can anyone confirm if there are 2 wristband colors or only 1?

Also, will they be checking our U2.com cards AGAIN at the door or was showing it earlier enough?

Thanks!

they only check it once but it won't matter once you're in the stairwell because at the top its all together. haveing a diff. color band doesn't get you anything special. I would pick the shortest line & get a band there.

hey folks..
I just got this from atu2.com news groups..

[atu2] SPOILER: Today's soundcheck

Fans in the GA line today have been treated to two special treats:

1) Because of the rain in Boston, they've been let in the building --
not in the arena itself, but in the building to get out of the rain.

2) They just heard U2 soundcheck a full band version of "Who's Gonna
Ride Your Wild Horses." (at least it sounded like U2, and not the
roadies)***gawd, I sure hope they play this! :drool: :wink:

At 8:20 or so when they started giving out wristbands today there were about 150 people in the U2.com line and more in the other line. Whoa! Maybe it's the weather, sunny this morning in Boston.

buzzy said:
At 8:20 or so when they started giving out wristbands today there were about 150 people in the U2.com line and more in the other line. Whoa! Maybe it's the weather, sunny this morning in Boston.

Boston? Buzzy? SPL, maybe:wink:

Hpe you get into the ellipse but enjoy the show, anyway!

yea i just got back from getting my wristband.

now i need to find an ellipse buddy when I get back since I'm alone =X

Finally the Sun is out in Boston. I see Starting at the Sun on the setlist tonight since its been crappy weather outside.

I be amazed if they don't play wild horses tonight.

I just got to the arena a few minutes ago and you could hear it clearly .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom