MERGED --> ALL Reports from the Boston GA lines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GretzkyU2Yanks said:
full @U2 blog from this AM:
Greetings from sunny Boston - after waking up to pouring rain and a temperature of about 45 degrees, I would like to thank the good folks at Fleet Center for the awesome GA line procedures. Our crew joined the GA line shortly after 6:30 (numbers 34 through 37) and after only an hour and a half in the rain, were given numbered wristbands. We're now free to go get warm and dry, and won't have to show back up until 5:00 for a 6:00 admission. I have pictures of some very soggy fans, and will try to upload them later today. Fleet Center - for being so organized with this process - thank you, thank you.

haha, one of the pics will be of me...She said she was looking for the most miserable looking fans and me and the people around me were the lucky winners!! :) ;)

And yes I wish all venues would follow suit - this is brilliant! Especially because it's pissing down with rain and freezing!! (about 5 degrees this morning)

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Each Venue decides on the wristband process, but I is Band Management making the call on the presale tix holders get wrist bands and a place in line first, if so we need to change this as its not fair for those who cannot afford or choose not to buy a u2.com membership.

Hey everyone, thanks for the updates...I have balcony tix for tonight and thursday, but after reading some of the above reports, I was wondering if I should show up Thursday or Sat morning with my FanClub card and try for GA. (I have GA for shows in Nov and Dec, but GA is so much better tha n balcony).

Has anyone been able to get in with a membership card but without a GA ticket?

Thanks!

Nick

I have Fan club for 5/26 show. So that means it has to say W-Type or B-Fan? Also I need my U2.com membership?

Doppelgang said:
Each Venue decides on the wristband process, but I is Band Management making the call on the presale tix holders get wrist bands and a place in line first, if so we need to change this as its not fair for those who cannot afford or choose not to buy a u2.com membership.

Yeah I agree. If they really are letting the entire fan line go first, I'm going to borrow someone's membership card from now on b/c I'm not waiting a day and a half for nothing.

octobernick said:
Hey everyone, thanks for the updates...I have balcony tix for tonight and thursday, but after reading some of the above reports, I was wondering if I should show up Thursday or Sat morning with my FanClub card and try for GA. (I have GA for shows in Nov and Dec, but GA is so much better tha n balcony).

Thanks!

Nick

ummmmmm....no

octobernick said:

Thanks!

Nick
Are you asking if your U2.com membership card and a balcony ticket will get you into GA??:huh:
No.

what if i brought my membership card and batted my pretty girl eyelashes, would that get me access to the ellipse?

ramblin rose said:
Well, I got there just at about nine (with no umbrella or raincoat), had my u2.com membership card but no presale ticket. When the guy came to me and asked me whether or not I was a u2.com member I said yes but didn't have a presale ticket. He asked me to show my card (which I did) and he gave me the wristband.

This is what I was referring to....I guess I misundertsood...No need to laugh too hard...

Chizip said:
what if i brought my membership card and batted my pretty girl eyelashes, would that get me access to the ellipse?

Well, if I was running the security line, you would get in with them lashes! :flirt:

But don't think that will work on Bubba Security Guard ... OR if you would want it to work on him :wink:

Last edited:
octobernick said:

This is what I was referring to....I guess I misundertsood...No need to laugh too hard...

Sorry for your misunderstanding. I had a regular GA ticket just not a presale one.

Im pissed. I have presale GA's for Thursday which seem to be pretty scarce and now that does me no good.

No problem at all...I thought it sounded too good to be true, altough I was holding out some hope it was a last minute atonement for the original ticketmaster debacle...

I guess I can wait until Oct. for GA ;)

editorinchief said:
Im pissed. I have presale GA's for Thursday which seem to be pretty scarce and now that does me no good.

not sure why you think that. Presale GA will get you a bracelet and a low number if you are there by 8 AM or so. You'll get a lower number than non presale people that are there before you. Unless Im missing your sarcasm??...

GretzkyU2Yanks said:

not sure why you think that. Presale GA will get you a bracelet and a low number if you are there by 8 AM or so. You'll get a lower number than non presale people that are there before you. Unless Im missing your sarcasm??...

I'm thinking he's pissed because non-presale ticket u2.com members are also being given priority.

ill be there at 5 am anyway so I think I will be all set. However, this show and MSG probably had the smallest presale allotment it seems so theyre probably wouldnt have been many, if any, ahead of me.

yeah i had bought a presale ticket for the vegas show, and that went on sale after everybody had already used their presale codes, so i was thinking that line would be realllllly short

but theyll probably just allow anybody who is a member of u2.com in that line

and i guess thats probably show it should be, because how many normal fans (non scalpers) actually ended up getting GA's in the presales? not many.

I was just at the Fleet Centre 5 mins ago; there's 2 security guys still handing out numbered wristbands - orange for non-fan club members and pink for fan club members. There will be 2 lines formed at 5pm and we'll be let in at the same time but through 2 separate doors (a couple feet from each other).

I love this set-up!!

Hey guys...I heard from someone who works at the Fleet Ctr that onstage time is closer to 8:30pm tonight due to overtime charges at Fleet after 11pm. Can that be right? Would be about 15 - 30 min earlier than most shows on the tour

4 to 5 hours away....

the earliest ive seen them come on is 8:45

but id probably show up by 8:30 just to be sure

sfu2doc said:
Hey guys...I heard from someone who works at the Fleet Ctr that onstage time is closer to 8:30pm tonight due to overtime charges at Fleet after 11pm. Can that be right? Would be about 15 - 30 min earlier than most shows on the tour

4 to 5 hours away....

Its true. Metallica had to change the freakin setlist 3 times as well as do an improv to verison of So What in order to give the Fleet Center crowd a full 20 songs. This was the second show at Fleet Center last October. Plus the union asks for fees if the show is recorded by the band. No bootleg for both Metallica shows there.

See you all in Boston tomorrow or the next day. Good luck to everyone in the GA line and enjoy the show. You're getting the "A" setlist tonight.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom