MERGED--> All Principal MGT/ Propaganda....Discussion here + ...Continue Faxing Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If i knew the band was in such dire straights financially that they need to steal from their own fans, I would have offered to spread the word like in "It's a Wonderful Life", and I bet the money would have rolled in with no questions asked. The fact that they jumped into bed with iPod should have been a clue to the direction they have gone. A group which makes a living out of making beautiful sound takes the money and sells out distributing their sounds in a poor quality which is exactly what Mp3 is. The "unreleased" tracks not being available for individual sale (again a band that makes a living from making music should insist on distributing that music in a lossless format not Mp3) was again a sign of which direction the band was going. Ticketgate is only a confirmation of the fact that the only interest the band has is lining it's own pockets. Truely a sad day for this longtime u2 fan whose got hooked 4/29/87 in Chicago with some budies from college (which ended up being the Rock's Hottest Ticket bootleg show).

Propoganda Priority

not trying to say some people got screwewd more than others.
i suspected early on things were way to overextended to make
everyone happy. I thought i saw and know i was told that
propoganda members had priority over members who were not
propganda members, but was told over the weekend by a fanfire
rep this was "a rumor" stated by propoganda that never had any
basis in fact. I saved and reviewed my emails from fanfire and
in one their rep stated that their would be 1 day prirority given
to former propoganda members- so their "rumor" claims are
total bs. my point is they will claim you were offered an "opportunity" not a guarantee to obtain tickets. fine.
this is exactly why the "one day priority" offer was so key,
and since they never deliverd on it, their clearly at fault.
i will see how this all plays out, but am not very hopeful.
good luck getting tixs.

You know, if they had actually given former Prop members a 1 Day advantage, there would have been less overload, less scalpers gaining tickets, and many more satisfied U2 diehards than there are right now.

They could have given access to the best tickets only, and figured from the last tour, approximately how many would be necessary to meet the demand. It could have been a nice farewell to the Prop members, and would have resulted in far more satisfaction.

Then they could have been left to deal with the new U2.Con presale the following day, with less pressure, and less people to deal with at once.

That might be the one way they could fix this SoCal, really. Problem is, $40 is a lot of money, and that makes people have HIGH expectations for their return. The real irony is that U2 did this to us on purpose...they raised ticket prices last tour to DISCOURAGE the scalpers...and they raised the u2.com membership prices to discourage brokers from buying/joining the fanclub...and they LIMITED the # of seats you could get from these codes to again, discourage the brokers...problem is, the new album kicks major ass, old and new fans are coming out of the woodwork. Seemingly, no other bands are ever up to the challenge and create multimedia exxtravaganza concerts like this...I mean these are really one of a kind shows...panic is setting in, they then go on to limit the # of concerts/venues and people are willing to bite the freakin bullet and just pay pay pay just to get out of the nightmare. Right now the fan base is HUGE plus a million rich pricks/wannabes willing to spend loose cash just to say they were there, have been "fans" for years, want to get angry and shove themselves to the front of the GA stack just to pound their chests . It could get quite nasty in the GA this time around, I'd expect. If you paid $250 for your GA ticket, you might feel the need to get pissed if you don't enjoy every second of the concert. I hope I am wrong. Let's all try to watch out for each other out there.:shifty: :bono: :shifty:

Re: Propoganda Priority

mistafadedglory said:
not trying to say some people got screwewd more than others.
i suspected early on things were way to overextended to make
everyone happy. I thought i saw and know i was told that
propoganda members had priority over members who were not
propganda members, but was told over the weekend by a fanfire
rep this was "a rumor" stated by propoganda that never had any
basis in fact. I saved and reviewed my emails from fanfire and
in one their rep stated that their would be 1 day prirority given
to former propoganda members- so their "rumor" claims are
total bs. my point is they will claim you were offered an "opportunity" not a guarantee to obtain tickets. fine.
this is exactly why the "one day priority" offer was so key,
and since they never deliverd on it, their clearly at fault.
i will see how this all plays out, but am not very hopeful.
good luck getting tixs.

You're right, they definitely stated that, for this next tour only, former Prop members would have presale priority over new u2.com members. I remember my friend freaking out that she had to buy a "new" membership because she never received her Prop letter (not because it was $20 vs. $40 but because it would lessen her chances of getting the tickets she wanted). I don't think it's some conspiracy, it's just indicative of how badly the site is run.

I don't know what to think anymore...nah my love for this band has not been shaken, because I know the business side of things here and I really don't believe that you, or you, or you were purposely screwed.

People in this day in age believe they are entitle to something no matter what they do or don't do. We also want everything here and NOW, because we deserve it. It's a sad commentary on our society in general.

I find it odd that people have U2 sitting around and conspiring to:

1) Charge us $40 for a fanclub

2) Promise us something, and then renege on it

3) Taking the money and running

Sorry folks but in world today if you want to run a business you do it on the Web. It has access to the most people and is easier to get your message and product around the world simaltaneously. FanFire has been in the Fan club business for many years and they handle a ton of huge bands websites. U2 was just following the road that others had paved for them. Granted FanFire is sloppy, and not fully matured, but they're out there providing a service, even if it is poorly done at times. And the $40 charge is standard for all band websites run by FanFire, not just U2.com.

I truly believe if you have paid your $40 you are still entitled to tickets. But you know what? They may not be GA's. And yes, I agree I find the seating selection odd. I got tickets that were all the way in the back of the arena, but I got tickets and I'm going to the show. If I can muster up some GA's on Sat/Sun then I will, but if I only sell GAs or my best seats to one group of people, I'm limiting my market. Sorry, but that's the truth

Look, Bono, Larry, The Edge, Adam and Paul M. are not sitting idly by laughing at the lemmings jumping off the cliff. They are sure to see and hear the problems. Call me a "sheep" or "blind follower" if you must, but I think they will respond to the criticism and outrage, but don't expect them to just hand out GAs to those who didn't get them. I don't think that's a good business practice. Handle each situation and figure out what works best for everyone.

In my opinion FanFire grossly misjudge the demand for a presale in this instance. U2 are the BIGGEST BAND EVER!! Not today, EVER! Their Live Shows are legendary, EVERYONE WANTS TO SEE THIS BAND IN CONCERT. The few hundred or thousand users here are not the only fans, and I'm sure there are hundreds of Websites tonight that are burning just as brightly with disgust.

I'm not saying everything will be OK for you, or you today or tomorrow, but I do believe things will work themselves out.

What do I know?

Well put Reggie. I understand why people are so ticked off too. I feel bad for people going through all this because it sucks when you wait for something for years only to have this crap happen. But I do have to agree with you that it's certainly no grand scheme on their part to screw people over. It's not like the illness (if it's true, like I suspect) was planned.

In the end, U2 run their corporation and they should take responsibility for this and try to fix it. I'm not sure how but they should at least make an attempt. Fanfire and U2.com essentially work for them (or are contracted by them) but U2 should ultimately be held responsible because they are the "boss". If a major company screwed up like this the president would have to take responsibility and make it right. I hope they make an attempt because they are pissing off their core fan base. If they loose that I think that would really be a harmful thing to them in the future. At the very least, they should learn from this. Get rid of Ticketmaster!

Reggie Thee Dog said:

I find it odd that people have U2 sitting around and conspiring to:

1) Charge us $40 for a fanclub

2) Promise us something, and then renege on it

3) Taking the money and running

I agree with you Reggie.

When I said U2 did this to us on purpose, I meant, they raised prices (in a way) to protect their fan base by trying to squeeze out the brokers margins...this has now failed big time because they are so hot right now...and demand is just through the roof. I never meant to suggest that they set out to screw anybody except the scalpers... :huh:

I remember seeing on U2.com that propaganda subscribers will have priority over new members.

On the elevation tour I changed address and my Propaganda issue was forwarded to me the day before the deadline for applying for tix. I filled it in, put it in the post and low and behold I got tickets for Slane. It took me all of five minutes to fill it in and then I had to sit tight to see if I was successful.

Admittedly by the time the General sale started you didn't know if you had tickets so you apply again but compare that downside with spending 7 hours in a presale and the propaganda system wins hands down.

What gets me is the lack of the communication. The email from gateway with my new code said don't enter your code till you have entered all your details and are ready to purchase. Hello, you have to enter your code straight away - do these guys even know how there own system works!!

I never for one moment believed that Prop members would be given priority. And lets face it, did anyone else really believe it? Prop was run badly at the best of times and the new u2.com membership started off on the same path, so I was pretty pessimistic from the off.

Still waiting for my $20 refund.....

Do not give up the fight. Continue faxing today (I will re-fax the ones I sent yesterday to both offices).

Principle Management NY : +1 (212) 765-2372
Principle Management Dublin: + (353) 1 6777 276

They should have considered staggering the ticket releases *and* when we could buy them. They could have assigned 30,000 people to buy on Tuesday and released 1/3 of the total tickets, etc. A policy like this would have dramatically reduce the load on Ticketbastard's servers. Of course, it would have helped had they released more and better tickets as well...

DO NOT GIVE UP THE FIGHT! - Continue faxing today!!!

Do not give up the fight. Continue faxing today (I will re-fax the ones I sent yesterday to both offices).

Principle Management NY : +1 (212) 765-2372
Principle Management Dublin: + (353) 1 6777 276

I am sure that these useless managers at U2.com, Fanfire, Ticketmaster, and Principle Management are counting on us fans getting tired and forgetting the matter. Keep on bugging them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ascender_RS said:
I never for one moment believed that Prop members would be given priority. And lets face it, did anyone else really believe it? Prop was run badly at the best of times and the new u2.com membership started off on the same path, so I was pretty pessimistic from the off.

Still waiting for my $20 refund.....

I believed Prop members would be given priority because that is what they said would happen when they were doing the come on to get people to sign up for U2.coN. In it's worst days, Prop was better than anything I have seen so far out of the new club. No one really gives a shit about the stupid magazines if that is what you are talking about. Yes they were inconcistant at best, but I think 99% of those that joined Prop did so for the ticketing. Prop's ticketing was awesome. Did you see the volume of unhappy people here the last tour when Prop handled the ticketing? NO, because it was done right. For as badly run as Prop was, which I agree, they handled the most important part of the fan club inpecably (the ticketing)

I firmly believe that you take care of those that take care of you.

As a fan for many years, having spent thousands of $$$ on U2's music, tours, and merchandise, being a longtime member of their fanclub, I just wanted to be taken care of a little bit. I wasn't asking to meet the band, or go backstage, or for them to play in my backyard. I just wanted some good seats to a show. I got freakin nosebleedsfor my $40 advance purchase rights.

All I wanted was a fighting chance to purchase good seats for a show on this tour. I thought U2.com was going to provide me with that opportunity for my $40. Turns out, there weren't that many great seats available to meet the demand. I do feel cheated. I could have faired just as well come Sunday when the general onsale happens and kept my $40.

There were many ways to ease this problem. Heck, they could have done the old Prop snail mail way of distributing tickets and been more successful. Or, they could have allowed Prop members a one day advance purchase over the new members. They could have opened all the seating and allowed members to pick throught the seats. Those codes were a one shot deal. Plenty would have been left for general onsale.

It was all handle so poorly.

Bring Back Propaganda!!!

BRING BACK PROPAGANDA!!! That whole ticketmaster thing was a joke. Enough said.

I emailed Cecilia Coffey a lenghty letter telling her about our ordeals with Fanfire, the codes, letters, Prop priority and she emailed me back telling me that Prop members would have Priority. I then emailed her back asking her how that was going to work. They obviously did not deliver on their promise.

Ticketmaster sucks, always has. The root of the problem here is U2.com, owned and operated by FanFire and Signature. Let's not forget this.

Honestly nothing will change unless we ALL COMPLETELY BOYCOTT U2.com - don't go there, don't buy anything, and let them know you won't - even ask for your money back!! Then there will be no official "fan club" (if you can call it that) and they'll have to do something different.

At this point, all I want is for Principle (and in a perfect world, FanFire/U2.com) to admit this was a BAD IDEA and POORLY EXECUTED. At THE VERY LEAST say they are sorry they ever signed us up with these fockers.

U2WOJO said:
Here is my fax:

TO: Principle Management

RE: U2/U2.com advanced ticket sales

I am writing today to express my anger as a longstanding fan and fan club member over the current advanced ticket sale system....

...The quantities limit on advanced tickets is ridiculous. To limit the band’s best fans (who else pays money to join a fan club?) to 1 show is again outrageous. Fan club member should have an opportunity to buy at least a couple of shows. I have at various times been a member of the Dave Matthews Band, Pearl Jam, & Celine Dion (for my wife) fan clubs, none of which limit fans to 1 show....

Sorry, I couldn't help but LOL at the "Celine Dion for my wife" thing... :lol:

Last edited:
I have called Principle Management to follow up. Their answer was "we are aware of the problem and working on fixing it. In the meantime, could I get your name and number?".

So, if you do not have access to a fax, please call them and ask them to take down your name and telephone number. The more, the merrier.

Principle's phone # in New York is: (212) 765-2330.

They took my name and # as well. What a crock of shit this whole ordeal has been. You'd think at the very least today we'd have a apology or something at the very least acknowledging the major screwup yesterday was for the majority of people.

Back
Top Bottom