MERGED--> All Principal MGT/ Propaganda....Discussion here + ...Continue Faxing Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Super_Fan said:
Stop complaining! Try for the regular on sale.

I'm sorry, but I payed for product, I have a right to complain when it doesn't follow through. It's bad enough I have to pay when I am still owed something (Former Prop member here) But to get screwed twice, is bad business plain and simple and I want them to hear it!

I called. She just gave me the fax number, but everyone should call first and let her tell you that. Makes more of an impression!

and remember, when they added shows, they let us order new Prop tickets for the added shows as well. Well this and my experience with most of the other fan clubs, there are exceptions, is that the best seats are never offered anyway to the fan club members, but are on the regular onsale dates.

Now watch on Ebay all the best seats, all the GA nobody with a fan club membership got, will be up for sale by the brokers.

I know The Rolling Stones refunded plenty of peoples money, when their fan club screwed up on priority tickets. If my code doesn't work...(55 minutes to go) that is the route I'm going. Refund my $40...

Never had a problem with Prop, and always ALWAYS fantastic seats.

Now I got squat. And GAs in Philly are going up for $500 a pair on eBay.

I'm glad that people are letting Propaganda know about this. You never know, it could lead to them letting more tickets for the current shows go into another presale later this week prior to the public sale, or as I originally proposed, having them delay selling added dates for 1 week to allow for having a presale next week for those added shows.

This presale is par for the course for fan club presales, but when u2.com was advertising "guaranteed" tickets, which is misleading for particularly former Propaganda subscribers, because back then, the tickets were pretty much guaranteed!

madonna's child said:
I just have to keep telling myself "this is not Bono, Adam, Edge, or Larry's faults."

I'm slowly stopping telling myself that. U2 are involved in everything that happens in their organization, and are known to micromanage everything from tour stage to their videos. People have complained loudly, and those comlaints are only growing, but nothing has been done. Their managment have been flippant and demeaning to fans with concerns, and that is very poor customer service, and shocking when it comes to U2. But, it is happening, and when things start to crumble, and services are paid for but not delivered, you have to start looking at the top.

Okay gang...

So everyone's pissed and angry. Let's be constructive and see if we can help ourselves and each other in the process.

Two suggestions:

1. As has been suggested, fax Principle and complain like hell. They can't ignore hundreds of phone calls and emails. Thousands of phone calls and emails would definitely get some kind of response. Flood them with complaints.

2. What the scalpers are doing on Ebay is ILLEGAL. Ebay's own policy states that tickets can only be sold for up to 10% more than face value. Notify whoever the muckity-mucks are at Ebay that this is going on, complete with links to products. Maybe that will make a difference. People have been doing this on Ebay for years, but if thousands of emails suddenly start flooding Ebay's system about it, maybe it will effect change.

The band made a decision on stopping Propaganda and switching to this new U2.com system. By doing so, they made a mistake as most of the oldest, loyal fans were affected.

I am fairly mad at U2 in general, both the band, its management and all of its service providers (Fanfire, Ticketmaster, etc.).

Keep faxing to Principle Management. (212) 765-2372.

One related note I noticed in the U2.com e-mail. They said that, for US fans, they were able to negotiate reduced Ticketmaster fees, but that this agreement could only be used in 10% of the tickets for a specific venue. Talk about being stupid! By doing so, you made only 10% of the tickets available on the pre-sale and screwed ALL members of U2.com.

Keep faxing Principle Management and e-mail everyone you can. This system sucks. I feel robbed.

If anyone has spare time, they should definitely report any eBay sellers who are obvioulsy just out to make a quick buck. eBay will usually stop these auctions.

Well, I have 20 minutes to go to see if I get ripped off too. If so, I'll fire-up the fax machine and continue the barage.

FIGHT THE POWER !!!:mad:

here's the chart

ebay has rules on event tickets, listed here:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/event-tickets.html

if they're a licensed broker, they can get away with (thanks reagan era deregulation!), but if not, the items should be pulled. chicago for instynace, you're not allowed to charge these kind of fees.

and keep calling principal. the band needs to be held accountable. fire off some letters to the music press. emabarass the hell out of them. rolling stone may be too big to take the story, but try sites like pitchfork and smaller publications.

this is corporate greed and mismanagement at its worst and we should not let this drop til we get the tix we're entitled to or a complete refund on this u2.com scam

Keep faxing Principle Management non-stop. (212) 765-2372.

And then call to confirm that your fax got there. (212) 765-2330.

They have to know that we feel ripped off.

:mad:

Halup said:
I'm glad that people are letting Propaganda know about this. You never know, it could lead to them letting more tickets for the current shows go into another presale later this week prior to the public sale, or as I originally proposed, having them delay selling added dates for 1 week to allow for having a presale next week for those added shows.

This presale is par for the course for fan club presales, but when u2.com was advertising "guaranteed" tickets, which is misleading for particularly former Propaganda subscribers, because back then, the tickets were pretty much guaranteed!

How is Principle Management and Propaganda associated?

If you look at the details on each Ticketmaster order page, it states the presale is going to be active until Friday at 12:00 noon. This means there's nothing stopping Principle Management authorizing another batch of tickets being dropped into the presale before Friday at noon. By letting them know we are disgruntled, it could very well influence them to throw something like another 10% of the total tickets into the presale.

Propaganda was U2's official magazine and fan club, thus it all goes back to U2's management company, Principle Management.

Halup said:
If you look at the details on each Ticketmaster order page, it states the presale is going to be active until Friday at 12:00 noon. This means there's nothing stopping Principle Management authorizing another batch of tickets being dropped into the presale before Friday at noon. By letting them know we are disgruntled, it could very well influence them to throw something like another 10% of the total tickets into the presale.

Sure, as long as they let us know that they will be doing so... what am I supposed to do? Keep on refreshing every 15 seconds until Friday?????

Halup said:

Maybe so, but then you'd jack 10% of the rest of us who didn't pay for a membership.

DaveC said:

Maybe so, but then you'd jack 10% of the rest of us who didn't pay for a membership.

Sure, I think that all tickets should have been made available for the pre-sale. If you decided not to purchase a membership and no tickets were left, then too bad...

The suggestion to go back to snail mail is all well and good...but how many of us did NOT receive our membership card and keychain? If they can't even send those things out, I certainly wouldn't trust them to get something as important as concert tickets right.

Fax number is "out of service at this time" currently. Very nice. Completely classes opperation right up to the management company. Wonder if the band will play for like an hour this time to add more insult to injury.

I am not one to gripe, but this presale was absolutely no better than the kind of presales radio stations do. The difference is that radio stations don't charge $20 or $40!!!

Bottom line, we were duped. Watch the public onsale this weekend. You will be able to get better seats than you did today. I have spoked to at least 5 other people who tried for Philadelphia tickets and none of them got tickets anywhere near the stage.

Ticketmaster knows that all of us loyal fans will buy tickets right away and what do they do? Release the crap tickets to us. I've seen this done time and time again during presales. But like I said, those presales were free.

Bottom line. U2 and Principle entered into a GREAT business transaction by stopping Propaganda. BUT in the process, they're screwing their most loyal fans.

JUST GOT OFF OF THE PHONE WITH PRINCIPAL MANAGMENT.

THEIR PASSING THE BUCK TO TICKETMASTER AND IT'S COSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT.

SHE SAID I COULD FAX THE OFFICE, BUT I SEE YOU GUYS HAVE FOUND OUT THAT THIS IS USELESS.

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!!

ANYBODY INTERESTED?

THIS IS NOT RIGHT

THIS IS MY FOURTH TOUR TO BUY TICKETS FOR AND THE WORST EXPERIENCE YET.

A $40 MEMBERSHIP TO BE TOLD THERE ARE NO TICKETS AVAILABLE, COME ON

CRUMBS FROM YOUR TABLE

MAILJEFF@COMCAST.NET

CITIZENS UNITE, EMAIL ME WE NEED TO FORM A COALITION OF THE WILLING, NO NOT IN SUPPORT OF YOU G.W. BUT FOR THE INJUSTICE DONE TO LOYAL FANS OF THE THANKS TO US RICHEST BAND IN THE LAND

here's the news tips line for pitchfork media:
http://pitchforkmedia.com/contact/

i think we should try to get the indie rock press to take up this story. the only way we're going to get this resolved is to take this public and put pressure on the band to either fix the mess or look like greedy sell-outs.

charging $40 on the promise of multiple shows, eliminating guaranteed seats, bringing ticketmaster in, taking the principle fax off---this all looks really bad

u2 have, uptil now, earned the image of one of the most-integrity laced bands in rock. if they're going to sanction this kind of stuff, then they deserve to be called on it. if the problem isn't fixed, start firing off letters to all the major music mags, send a letter to your paper. make the name u2 synonomous with "fan club scam" if we have. it's the only way

I just faxed something to PM and it said it went through. They must be receiving a high volume of faxes today. :D

Isn't their a branch of PM in Dublin, too? Maybe we should try faxing them. Afterall, that's were the big players live.

BTTT

take this thread back to the top..

as a long time member of Propaganda.. going back before it existed, to the U2info service from the early eighties.. I feel betrayed. Therefore, if there is anything we can do to get the band's attention, I'm all for it. b/c it's simply bullsh*t.

no finger pointing here.. this is what happens when you take things out of the hands of the band and put it into the hands of corporations like Fanfare and Ticketmaster.

Propaganda ALWAYS worked well.. for a decade now I've had no problems getting tickets by being a member, paying my dues, etc. The whole reason WHY the band started this was to avoid disasters like this. To avoid brokers having tickets and "suits" in the front row.. which surely, judged by the number of angry people on this site, the hardcore of the hardcore, is certainly the case.

count the threads you'll see the the overwhelming majority of people here did not get tickets.

to make a point, on the last several tours I have gotten TWO tickets to TWO shows for being in Propaganda and NEVER had one problem. I know SEVEN people personally who we all were trying at the same time to get tickets to various shows.. pretty much every show on the tour was covered by someone with some of us trying for multiple shows.. on the phone, etc. NONE of us got tickets, I mean that's ridiculous!!!!

even when the sale goes to the general public it hasn't been this bad.. and we're supposed to be the preferred fans? bullsh*t

OPEN LETTER TO U2/PRINCIPLE MANAGEMENT:

MAKE GOOD ON THIS AND FIX IT. YOU MUST TO SAVE THE INTEGRITY OF THE BAND.

WE DESERVE A RESPONSE AND SOLUTION.

thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom