MERGED->All Former Prop members with Fanfire issues discussions, comments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hear you about the weather in November. I think I'll still go for GA on the assumption that I could show up around 4pm and still get pretty close to the action. Plus, I love Montreal and don't want to spend my entire time there in the GA line, ya know?

The folks at Fanfire are doing the best they can but the reality is that for those who were Prop members ( I joined in 2000 and moved) and never found out about switching over to u2.com, it may be too late to get the verification we get our codes reactivated if you used it as a u2.com member. I couldn't get anyone at u2.com to help me figure out my status (prop or no prop member per their list). Fanfire is submitting verification requests but there are no guarantees it will get resolved by tommorow or Wednesday per my convo with them a few minutes ago.

Like someone to blame said:
I think I'll still go for GA on the assumption that I could show up around 4pm and still get pretty close to the action?

Hmm, that`s a good idea :hmm:

Good luck with the pre-sale tomorrow! I hope Fanfire reactivate it in time!

(But I think the Montreal pre-sale will only be next week?) And you know the site is http://www.admission.com/html/admission.htmI

and not Ticketmaster)

Julie,

Thanks, I forgot that it isn't Ticketmaster for Montreal. Yes, I hope my code is reactivated in time as well. The Fanfire Rep who I spoke to said it would take about an hour and I'd see my code on U2.com and sure enough my code is there. Now, I'm waiting for my email and the details to access the pre-sale like everyone else I guess.

I wasn't told anything about the verification requests but it makes sense...it's going to be interesting to see if my code will be active by the pre-sale, but since I'm going for Montreal tickets and if they don't go on sale until next week, I should be ok.

ahhhh!!! they aren't answering

So I was a prop member and I never got the email either. I can't find any old info about my logon but I was b/c I have old propaganda tix. I've been on hold with Fanfired for 20 min. has anyone gotten through? I have to say waiting sucks but this is the best "on hold" music ever

Yeah, I've been on hold for about 30 minutes. Last time it cut off... Yikes they must be busy or they've got a staff of five taking calls for North america...

I was never a U2.com member, but have tried on and off to get something out of my unused Prop sub. since the end of Nov. Think it's worth trying with fan fire again?

I got in, but they are telling me no.

I'm asking them to check, as I thought the old prop subscribers were the first priority.

finally got through...

I finally got through. They needed my confirmation number from my u2.com subscription and gave me my new passcode. I think it was the same one that I used the first time. Hope it works!!
good luck everyone! ;)

I was a Prop member but I had forgotten my membership #, is it worth it to call fan Fire & see if they can track throught my old address?

Caylan,

Yes, it is...that's how they confirmed I was an old Prop member who should be included. They tracked me through my name and old address. Good luck and don't take no for an answer!

What if you aren't a u2.com member? Just an old Prop member? The phone rep and their supervisor told me no way, only if you were a U2.com member before the fiasco...

Yes tkramer that one is for sure, to get into the pre-sale you need to be a registered U2.com paying member.

got my email. finally. goodness
don't know how tomorrow will go, or next tuesday, but i wanted to say thanks a billion times over to this community. wouldn't have known what exactly to do had I not read it here.
tomorrow's gonna be a busy day on here, huh?

Ok- I'm finally going to bed to get some rest for the morning! Good luck to everyone! So glad that email finally came!

I love good news.
I called Fanfire earlier tonight seeking some help in regards to my Propaganda status. I didn't know if U2.com knew I used to be a Propaganda member, as I never received my $20 discount letter. Well, Fanfire confirmed (after a hold time of 1 hour), that the $20 was reversed (I can vouch that it's true, since I checked my credit card), and they would email in for me about the Propaganda thing. They confirmed that my unused code would be the one I would use for this coming round of tickets, and that I would possibly be able to buy 4 tickets instead of the 2 I'd previously thought.
Sure enough, within the hour I nearly jumped out of my seat when I got that sweet email from U2.com showing when the presale times were for the various dates, and confirming that I'd be able to order 2 tickets to 2 venues (4 tickets total).
I was a happy girl.

propaganda

Just wondering how you were abot to get the matter resolved. They have not been helpful at all for me today and since December either via email or phone. I moved since i joined in 2001 and don't know what else to do to get my status changed thru fanfire before tommorow.

Well, I'd called them a couple weeks ago to let them know that I had to pay the whole $40 when I should have only paid $20. They didn't sound like they knew what they were doing, but when I called today in a panic (because I wanted to make sure U2.com knew that I was a former Prop subscriber), they confirmed that the $20 had been refunded, thereby proving that someone thought I must have been a former Prop member.
The email I got from U2.com shortly after that may or may not have been related.
All you can do is call Fanfire, wait the very long hold time, talk to them, and as a back-up, email U2.com as well. Hopefully the Fanfire rep will note your account and forward your concern.
Unfortunately for this pre-sale, they announced things without leaving much room to take care of problem cases. I'm crossing my fingers for you.

(Signing off -- must... stop... reading... posts... and... go... to... bed... zzzzzz)

Jayone said:
Yep - after all I went through, I rang them up with one last effort on Friday and thank goodness got through to someone who actually wanted to help me. They changed my status for me right there and then after confirming my former Prop. status.

Good luck, and definitely give them a call on Monday so you're won't be late for the Tuesday sale!

they will also process my $20 refund for me next week, but really, that's secondary to getting in on the pre-sale.

I rang the general #: 1-800-767-7160 and then they put me through to the supervisor on duty who dealt with it for me.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions - very grateful for your help.

i have a question....did you sign up for your U2.com membership before or after the cut-off deadline for the unique passwords on jan 25th??????

my friend is having the same issues, but was told since she didn't sign up w/u2.com before the deadline (cuz she wasn't sure about the $40 fee etc) that she can now be listed as a prop member, but not get a password as they've all been giving out. so, did you guys get your passwords on friday and sunday? or were u only listed as former prop members which will in no way help u get tickets tomorrow. she didn't know where to go or who to contact at first, and since has gotten no help, just been told by fanfuck that she can get her discounted $20 membership but no codes whatsoeverll!!!!

what should she do????? please help w/any ideas!

mel
:huh: :eyebrow:

I signed up before the deadline - that's why I signed up ealry - so I wouldn't miss out on the passwords, and they told me they would fix up the refund later when it's all sorted out. It took a while, but hopefully now they'll follow up on the refund. But if i remember correctly, they originally said you had to sign up with u2.com by the January date or you wouldn't get a password.

Update: Just checked my credit card statement after posting this, and the refund went through today as promised!! I don't believe it! Looks like Fanfire have got their act together well and truly - what a difference a few weeks make!

Last edited:
fanfire told me ONE show, not two for prop members

i called them to ask them if i was able to get 2 shows since i did not get the tickets i wanted on first leg with Anaheim, he said all prop people can only buy one show only even if you never bought first leg tix.

I don't know what to believe.

:huh: :eyebrow:

erm, you were only supposed to get a code to use for one show in the tour, not one per leg. If you didn't get tickets for a first leg show, you should get a presale code, if you did get tickets for the first leg, you should not have a code this time.

Right? :huh:

RA-D said:
erm, you were only supposed to get a code to use for one show in the tour, not one per leg. If you didn't get tickets for a first leg show, you should get a presale code, if you did get tickets for the first leg, you should not have a code this time.

Right? :huh:

i am an ex-propaganda member and the u2.com email says our codes are being reactivated for this leg. Only ex-prop members codes are being reactivated. i guess you missed the email or threads here.

Last edited:
I would go by what U2.com has said. If you got the email stating you have an unused code from the first leg and you are a prop member with an unused code, they are saying you can buy two pairs of tickets.

If you used your code on the first leg but were a prop member, they are reactivating your code and you will be able to buy one pair of tickets for the fall leg of the tour.

I would rely on U2.com for this and not a rep from Fanfire as I'm sure U2.com carefully read and edited each email they sent after the last presale. I doubt they would send emails telling us our codes will be reactivated only for that to be a mistake. The "class action" lawsuit people i'm sure would be all over this if it were the case.

I am a former Prop member, I used my code for the first leg, and didn't receive an email from U2.com or a passcode. So I guess I'm stuck w/the general on sale.

Back
Top Bottom