MERGED-->3rd Leg Opening Act?+Third Leg Support?+ Jet to open third leg?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never heard anything by Snow Patrol and I only have one song by Arcade Fire, so I'll give those two a listen.

As for The Killers, I HATED them when they were first played on the radio...that Somebody Told Me song or whatever, I thought it was too mainstream. But then I listened to the other songs....the ones NOT on the radio... :drool: My new faovrite is All These Things That I've Done. I love everything about it - the lyrics, the tune, the "soul" part...love it.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I've never heard anything by Snow Patrol and I only have one song by Arcade Fire, so I'll give those two a listen.

As for The Killers, I HATED them when they were first played on the radio...that Somebody Told Me song or whatever, I thought it was too mainstream. But then I listened to the other songs....the ones NOT on the radio... :drool: My new faovrite is All These Things That I've Done. I love everything about it - the lyrics, the tune, the "soul" part...love it.

hate to burst your bubble, but it was played on the radio in the UK :wink:

Yeah, that All the Things I Have done... i have seen it on mtv here in the us.. great song though!!!

yeah the Killers are GREAT, and people that bash them haven't listened to the whole album. i've been to 2 Killer's concerts, front row each time and they are very good live, they also can command a very large audience. they've played huge festivals in Europe and they already won over America, so Killers/U2 tour would be fantastic. very uplifting music so people can get pumped up for U2, not like those snotty, druggy Kings of Leon who sound like dying rodents. (i saw them open 3 times, including front row in San Jose)

if coldplay opened for them... that would be incredible.. but i think i talked about that possibility a few months ago.:drool:

pearl jam would be cool because at least one setlist a night would be different

nuke126 said:
yeah the Killers are GREAT, and people that bash them haven't listened to the whole album. i've been to 2 Killer's concerts, front row each time and they are very good live, they also can command a very large audience. they've played huge festivals in Europe and they already won over America, so Killers/U2 tour would be fantastic. very uplifting music so people can get pumped up for U2, not like those snotty, druggy Kings of Leon who sound like dying rodents. (i saw them open 3 times, including front row in San Jose)

When The Killers played with U2 in Cardiff last week, the crowd was as loud - if not louder than the Twickenhan 1 crowd were when U2 came on! They are spectacular live and anybody who thinks otherwise is a donut.

BEVERLY56 said:
I stayed out in the lobby area until they finished, and even still it was so damn loud!

Haha, it's funny you should say that. I did the exact same thing in Philly. Well, it wasn't entirely intentional. My friend couldn't buy a t-shirt outside, so when we got into the arena he had to wait in line for about 45 minutes to buy a shirt. We were late as it was, but I hears a good 30 minutes of the Kings' set, at max volume, just standing in the outer lobby things waiting for my friend to finish. I only ventured into the actual arena once when they were playing just to gape at the awesome set (that was my first major arena concert, so I was a bit in awe at the whole spectacle:cute: )

what I did hear of their set was shit though. I hope they don't come back. :)

yeah, i didn't go in in philly, nj, or msg when kol was playing. chicago made me realize they weren't that good. killers, snow patrol, switchfoot, arcade fire (i only know that one song), or if there is a miracle, coldplay or pearl jam (that would be the best concert ever by the way, better than what i said about coldplay last night) would all make fine opening bands. but is there anyone out there who knows anything at all who will be in fact opening for them????? if not, it is fun to guess, we should put wagers on it!!! haha.

K, so I'm from Canada, and that makes the donut comment kinda funny, but nonetheless, I was listening heavily to Somebody Told Me and Mr. Brightside well before the album came out and bought it the day it came out. I was very excited to see them in October and (aside from the drummer), they gave one of the most lackluster performances I've seen -- and I'm very easy to please. Sure they could have had an off night, but Brandon made no effort to ingratiate himself to us by telling us he wasn't well that evening or whatever. Since seeing them live, I really lost something for them. That said, of course I would like to see them open on the 3rd leg (not as much as many other bands, but much moreso than PJ Harvey from Elevation). I guess I just think that in comparison to alot of other 'young' bands right now, their live show lacks some energy and banter that makes going to a show enjoyable (although I saw some improvement at Live 8).

As for whomever said that anyone who would slag The Killers hasn't heard the full album, well that's ridiculous. Hot Fuss has some of the worst placed filler tracks of 2004. Andy, You're A Star and Believe Me Natalie, while both attempts to show that the band doesn't pigeonhole themselves with upbeat tunes (Smile Like You Mean It actually does a good job of this), they crush the tempo of the album and look much worse sitting beside the other songs. And c'mon, the worst musical blunder of the year has to be following up the brilliant Midnight Show with that last monstrosity. Can anyone actually finish listening to the album when that pooper comes on?
Anyway, take it for what you want...but it's hard to consider Hot Fuss as an achievement worthy of praise next to other emerging mainstream artist albums as of late where every single track is fantastic (Franz, Bloc, Arcade, Interpol, etc.) The album was still my 6th or 7th favourite of last year based on the strength of the other tunes, but I just felt some of those comments warranted a reply given my unease regarding The Killers since that show in Montreal last year.

martha said:

Paul would heartily agree. His hissy fit about being the star of the show is what had U2 doing a Beatles song as their first number at Live 8.
Actually, Paul was being interviewed and said that Sir Geldoff called him with the idea about Sgt. Peppers and U2. He then added he liked the idea.

Back
Top Bottom