Mercy edit...what do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drewgie

The Fly
Hi all,

I just did a Mercy edit for fun, I love the song...but I was thinking about it and wondering how I could make it more consise. (Apart from the obvious remix tricks of taking out all the good parts (instruments included), processing Bono's vocals and coating it all in an insect noise sauce). I'm guessing that may be on the third single anyway!

Anyway...I edited out the verses before the last chorus (I...I can't escape myself...) as I think these are the most improvised/unfinished and did a little bit of tweaking so it flowed more easily...(very roughly i might add) ...I think it flows pretty well and keeps the momentum going at the end of the song. The song now clocks in at about 5 and a half minutes.

http://s23.XXXXXX.com/d.aspx?id=0VSJX2BU6DH3Q2UBQ8GYQTFBA4

Oh, I am not a sound engineer...so it is a pretty ordinary cut and paste job with a wav editor. I would be interested if anybody would like to do a really seamless edit for us all. I don't have the skill or software! Hope not to get flames for this...just wondered what you all think...I think this song is possibly their best in the last 15 years!

Cheers

Andrew

h t t p : // s 2 3. y o u s e n d i t .com/d.aspx?id=0VSJX2BU6DH3Q2UBQ8GYQTFBA4

remove the spaces...I hope this works!

h t t p : // s 2 3 . y o u s e n d i t .com/d.aspx?id=0J7SAMFPZE1NE3QP21V1H0XZ3O

and another link of the same!

Well I've gotta say it sounds pretty damn good, it actually sounds pretty seamless to me (I can hear where you cut it, but I had to listen pretty closely a few times).

My problem with Mercy was that it always just dragged and dragged at the end and this mix really made the ending a lot more powerful.

Good work!

Wow I just sort of casually listened to it as I browsed Interference. I really completely missed the cut. Great work. I like this edit quite a bit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom